kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6 (NKJV) - 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

Jeremiah 25:11-14 (NKJV) -  11 And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment, and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 ‘Then it will come to pass, when seventy years are completed, that I will punish the king of Babylon and that nation, the land of the Chaldeans, for their iniquity,’ says the Lord; ‘and I will make it a perpetual desolation. 13 So I will bring on that land all My words which I have pronounced against it, all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah has prophesied concerning all the nations. 14 (For many nations and great kings shall be served by them also; and I will repay them according to their deeds and according to the works of their own hands.)’ ”

Jeremiah 28:1-11 (NKJV) - And it happened in the same year, at the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, who was from Gibeon, spoke to me in the house of the Lord in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying, 2 “Thus speaks the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying: ‘I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. 3 Within two full years I will bring back to this place all the vessels of the Lord’s house, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place and carried to Babylon. 4 And I will bring back to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, with all the captives of Judah who went to Babylon,’ says the Lord, ‘for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.’ ”

5 Then the prophet Jeremiah spoke to the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests and in the presence of all the people who stood in the house of the Lord, 6 and the prophet Jeremiah said, “Amen! The Lord do so; the Lord perform your words which you have prophesied, to bring back the vessels of the Lord’s house and all who were carried away captive, from Babylon to this place. 7 Nevertheless hear now this word that I speak in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: 8 The prophets who have been before me and before you of old prophesied against many countries and great kingdoms—of war and disaster and pestilence. 9 As for the prophet who prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, the prophet will be known as one whom the Lord has truly sent.”

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke off the prophet Jeremiah’s neck and broke it. 11 And Hananiah spoke in the presence of all the people, saying, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Even so I will break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all nations within the space of two full years.’ ” And the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

The end of this age is still quite far off. Have fun, but let it be honest fun. When one dies it's the end of this age for that one.

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6 (NKJV) - 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

Jeremiah 25:11-14 (NKJV) -  11 And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment, and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 ‘Then it will come to pass, when seventy years are completed, that I will punish the king of Babylon and that nation, the land of the Chaldeans, for their iniquity,’ says the Lord; ‘and I will make it a perpetual desolation. 13 So I will bring on that land all My words which I have pronounced against it, all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah has prophesied concerning all the nations. 14 (For many nations and great kings shall be served by them also; and I will repay them according to their deeds and according to the works of their own hands.)’ ”

Jeremiah 28:1-11 (NKJV) - And it happened in the same year, at the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, who was from Gibeon, spoke to me in the house of the Lord in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying, 2 “Thus speaks the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying: ‘I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. 3 Within two full years I will bring back to this place all the vessels of the Lord’s house, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place and carried to Babylon. 4 And I will bring back to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, with all the captives of Judah who went to Babylon,’ says the Lord, ‘for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.’ ”

5 Then the prophet Jeremiah spoke to the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests and in the presence of all the people who stood in the house of the Lord, 6 and the prophet Jeremiah said, “Amen! The Lord do so; the Lord perform your words which you have prophesied, to bring back the vessels of the Lord’s house and all who were carried away captive, from Babylon to this place. 7 Nevertheless hear now this word that I speak in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: 8 The prophets who have been before me and before you of old prophesied against many countries and great kingdoms—of war and disaster and pestilence. 9 As for the prophet who prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, the prophet will be known as one whom the Lord has truly sent.”

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke off the prophet Jeremiah’s neck and broke it. 11 And Hananiah spoke in the presence of all the people, saying, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Even so I will break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all nations within the space of two full years.’ ” And the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

The end of the world is still quite far off. Have fun, but let it be honest fun. When one dies it's the end of the world for that one.

As much as I appreciate the entire Book of Jeremiah, the reason for this selection of quotes from it in this thread titled "The End of the World" escapes me.

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

As much as I appreciate the entire Book of Jeremiah, the reason for this selection of quotes from it in this thread titled "The End of the World" escapes me.

Pray and Ponder.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

8 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

The end of the world is still quite far off. Have fun, but let it be honest fun. When one dies it's the end of the world for that one.

First. It is world WITHOUT END.

Second. The end of the age is at the door. Time runs short.

I'm kind of surprised to hear these comments from you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,034
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

8 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

I'm confused why you are quoting passages relating to the captivity which happened almost 3,000 years ago for an end of the world post. Scripture says there will be an eternal New Heaven and New Earth. The earth will be eternal. This current world system will pass away, but the earth will remain forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Light said:

First. It is world WITHOUT END.

Second. The end of the age is at the door. Time runs short.

I'm kind of surprised to hear these comments from you.

Okay. I missed the mark a little bit. It's "End of this age". Trust me, it's not at the door. You'll be shocked.

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm confused why you are quoting passages relating to the captivity which happened almost 3,000 years ago for an end of the world post. Scripture says there will be an eternal New Heaven and New Earth. The earth will be eternal. This current world system will pass away, but the earth will remain forever.

Correct.

• kenny2212 changed the title to The End of this Age

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

4 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Okay. I missed the mark a little bit. It's "End of this age". Trust me, it's not at the door. You'll be shocked.

What evidence can you produce that would make you believe this brother?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

21 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

The "End of the Age" means the end of man's Dominion, which he lost to Satan when Adam sinned, so it is when Satan ceases to be the god of this World, he leads this world into confusion (Babel hence Babylon) this when Babylon falls it simply means Satan is bound, he rules no more. THAT is the End of the Age. It will happen within 10 years.

10 hours ago, The Light said:

What evidence can you produce that would make you believe this brother?

Wait and see.