George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

Trinity, I find no fault with your translation and the examples of the word that you gave.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Trinity, a quick reply.

I will get to the Mt. of Trasfiguration later - really.

As for the verses you quote from Gen. 35:18 and 1 Kings 17:21 the word "soul" is "nephesh" it means breath.

Also applied to animals as in Gen 7:22 and Job 41:21. Check the NASB translation.

Nothing to say on 2nd Cor. 1:14 and 4:14?

Art

The Mount of Transfiguration:

This event is described in both Mat. 16:27 to 17:13 and Luke 9:27 to 9:36. I shall quote from both accounts.

In both narratives Jesus precedes this event by saying,

These three apostles, who all later died before Christ returned, were shown a vision of Christ, Moses and Elijah in their glorified bodies, as they will appear when Christ enters His kingdom and returns to the earth with the saints from heaven.

Can you please add more proof then personal Opinion on this one, i find no scripture to support it actually being a vision and not an actual advent.

Matthew 17:3

"Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus."

Luke 9:31

appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem.

This does not Hold water in as far as the Greek wording is concerned either, the word "Appeared" In Matthew and in Luke is the Greek word "Optanomai" Strongs #3700 meaning: to look at, behold

to allow one's self to be seen, to appear.

When and if Moses appeared unto Jesus in their glorified bodies as a future representation of them as you state, then why were the apostles not change into theirs? Not only But Matthew and Luke would not have used the word "Optanomai" (to look at, behold to allow one's self to be seen, to appear.)

If it were how you believe then they would had used the word "Apokalupsis" Strongs #602 meaning: a disclosure of truth, instruction concerning things before unknown used of events by which things or states or persons hitherto withdrawn from view are made visible to all manifestation, appearance. and they did Not use that word, So not only does you opinion hold scriptural proof, but it does not hold water in Greek either.

For even Angels have a glorious appearance, Moses has been dwelling with God for over a 1000 years, and since Sin cannot enter Heaven i would think Like Isaiah being purified and made righteous, Moses was also, how else would Moses be able to live in Heaven? You and i both believe he Lived in Heaven so he had to be made Righteous some way, no doubt about, because sin cannot be looked upon in heaven.

Trinity, Luke NASB with Strong

Trinity, I have now addressed several of the issues you raised and will get to the rest eventually.

I raised the issued that Paul expected to be presented to Christ when He returned, 2 Cor. 4:14. You have not replied to it.

I raised the issued that the Bible often states the dead will he judged when Christ returns in my post on the Righteous Judge. You have not replied to it.

I have quoted Daniel 12:2 several times. You have not mentioned it.

I will add one more:

2Ti 4:8 Finally, [there] is laid up for me the victor's wreath [or, crown] of righteousness which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will give to me in that Day, but not only to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.

Paul expected to receive his crown, his reward, when Christ returns. Not before in heaven. How do you explain that?

I anxiously await your insight.

maybe i am missing something but what does th2 Cor. 4:14. You have not replied to it

Maybe i am missing something but i don't understand you point your trying to make by showing me that verse?

Paul expected to receive his crown, his reward, when Christ returns. Not before in heaven. How do you explain that?

Again... Maybe i am missing something but i don't understand you point... I believe that we get our crowns at the rapture also and always did so i do not see you point?

Interesting, you don

On 2nd Tim 4:8: So, Paul does not get his crown when he dies and goes to heaven. He does not get his reward when he goes to heaven. Makes you wonder a bit about heaven, doesn

I interject this, no need to comment on it.

I did not mention the Rapture to get into a discussion on it but do you realize that my position makes the case without a doubt of the pre-trib position. Interesting, isn

Edited by Old Timer