First Impression

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Fiosh is right. Listen to what she says. Look her in the eyes if you can. Dont daydream.

And be yourself! Most of the time its easy to see if someone isnt being themselves. Just ask the Lord what to say. Help him to put words in your mouth, let the conversation lead to God, and if shes a believer...YAY!!! if not, stay friends and pray her into the kingdom! Your special project hehe.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

haha how cute! We call that a "sports carnival" except we dont have cheerleaders. We have sucky dance teams at some schools. Always wanted to try cheerleading... i dont know why Australian schools havent caught onto it... hmmm.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

hey Baz:

What are your reasons or intentions in wanting to get to know her? You say she is attractive: Is her being attractive the only reason you want get to know her? Are you thinking along the lines of "I find her attractive, and because I find her attractive, I want to date her"? (kinda like the Sampson complex "There's a cute girl, I want her to be my wife!").

Be careful with your motives and reasons for wanting to get to know this girl and making a good impression on her. It's not wrong to want to make new friends and get to know people-- but you can have VARY wrong and ungoldy motives for doing so!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

hey Baz:

What are your reasons or intentions in wanting to get to know her? You say she is attractive: Is her being attractive the only reason you want get to know her? Are you thinking along the lines of "I find her attractive, and because I find her attractive, I want to date her"? (kinda like the Sampson complex "There's a cute girl, I want her to be my wife!").

Be careful with your motives and reasons for wanting to get to know this girl and making a good impression on her. It's not wrong to want to make new friends and get to know people-- but you can have VARY wrong and ungoldy motives for doing so!

More like "I find her attractive, so hopefully she's a good person".

See, the outside is what we see first. We enjoy the outside of that person, then as we get to know this person, we find out if they're a Christian and if they "click" with us for a relationship.

See, the outside is what we see first. We enjoy the outside of that person, then as we get to know this person, we find out if they're a Christian and if they "click" with us for a relationship.

I happen to agree with you that physical attraction is going to be the first thing that draws you to someone.

BTW. Did you talk to her yet?

Not yet! I didn't see her today (well, I did, but I was rushing to class at the time lol). Hopefully, I'll see her in the library or somewhere like that soon. I'll keep you all updated! lol

Here's an update:

There was a Halloween party at school today. It was for the Athletic Council, but because I'm the Student Council Vice President, I was invited. "She" was there (obviously, she's part of the A.C. or just came for the fun). When I was talking to Mrs. Duffus about the party at school today, "she" joined the conversation by saying, "wear a costume!" and she told us about the Cat In The Hat costume she was gonna wear. I giggled. When she came to the party, I said, "she clearly rules the Halloween world!" and she said, "clearly!", so we laughed. We laughed a little more during the party. I asked her what her name was (it's Alisha Trembley) and I asked her if she was related to her and her, etc. I asked her if she was wearing that costume on Monday too. She doesn't know.

She's clearly VERY shy. She hardly talked at all. I'm shy around SHY people, so I'll admit I didn't talk much to her. Do you think it's a really bad thing that she didn't use much eye contact with me? Maybe she just wasn't interested, but I don't wanna start assuming things. Even with the Cat In The Hat costume, she's beautiful. She has such a nice smile. Yeah, she's very nice. I won't give up with her. If I see her on Monday, I'll say hi to her for sure and hopefully get to know her ALOT more. More advice would be great. :emot-hug:

I just found out that Alisha is about 2 years older than me. She's about 19 and I'm 17 (going on 18 in a few months). I wouldn't have a problem dating a 17 year-old if I was 19, but some might. Do you have anything to say about this? Keep in mind she came back from university to update her marks (from what I was told--from a good friend).

Also, she actually used to go to our school, which I didn't even know. She may know who I am and maybe she has an opinion about me, since I've performed at the school numerous times and I was a bit of an acne-faced rebel 2 years ago. Should I be concerned about this?

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

Oh Baz...

Shy people usually don't make eye contact with people they do not know (I use to be a really shy person... hardly made eye contact with people I did not know while going thru highschool). So, don't be too concerned about that. If there is anything to be concerned about, it is in finding something meaningful beyond the weather to talk about, and to hit on a subject that you can actually have a conversation with. Add to that the difficulty of seeing each other beyond passing in the hallways makes for opportunity to talk difficult (lets face it, unless you have class together or share some other common activity, the chances of you getting to talk to someone and know someone are fairly slime without putting effort into it. Which is a pity... )

As for things to talk about... you could ask her what her interests are, what she plans to go to college or university for, etc. Trick is to ask her without sounding like the Gestapo or KGB.... talk about common interesting. hey, you can ask her why she was at the costume party at school--if she is in the Athletic Council or not, if she likes sports and activities. Make your conversation enough about her so she knows you are genuinly interested in knowing about her without trying to know everything (or that you are not just someone trying to get into her pants-- sadly, girls face alot of that from guys---what is worse, enough girls allow themselves to fall for it!), while sharing enough about yourself (but not too much unless she asks!) so it isn't one sided (you asking questions, her answering them) and so that she will know you are not just some psychotic nutcase who is stalking her.

Other then that, and BEFORE all of that, pray and seek God's direction...

and hey... my mom is 5 years older then my dad... and there is nothing in the Bible that says you cannot marry an older woman! :emot-crying:

not that that should be your intention.... :emot-fail:

Thanks for all the great advice, people! :24: I'll try my best to see her on Monday and make conversation. I'll also try to get e-mail. That'd be cool. :)