Crusader4Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

If you read both Joel 1:6, 2:2-9, and Revelation 9:2-10, you will see that they both mention something about locusts.

Joel 1:6

"For a nation is come upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Dear C4C,

Yes, they do seem as one in the same. I find that much of the OT prophecy has the very same characteristics of Rev. end-time events. I also note that both the Scripture passages refer to "pain" as well.

I agree from what you have posted, and from the comparisons I have seen in other prophetic Scriptures, but I have not studied it. Perhaps I will tonight?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Oh, thanks for the other comparison tsth. I overlooked that one.

But I also noticed that Joel's version refers to these locusts as "God's army."

In Revelation, it says "Abaddon", or "Apollyon", the Destroyer ( which is most

likely Satan ) is the king over these locusts. Let's figure that one out! Unless,

"Abaddon" or "Apollyon" does not refer to Satan.

Here are the verses that I am suggesting.

Joel 2:11

"And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for the camp is very great: for He is strong that executeth His word: for the day of the LORD is

great and very terrible; and who can abide it?"

Revelation 9:11

"And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit,

whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

:t2:

God bless you brothers and sisters.

Guest shadow2b
If you read both Joel 1:6, 2:2-9, and Revelation 9:2-10, you will see that they both mention something about locusts.

Joel 1:6

"For a nation is come upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great

IF that is a possibility, do they have a body as a horse? Do they have teeth of lions? Are they the army of God, or Apollyon? They also have hair of women!

God bless you brother.

Guest shadow2b
IF that is a possibility, do they have a body as a horse? Do they have teeth of lions? Are they the army of God, or Apollyon? They also have hair of women!

God bless you brother.

NO they {sound} like a LOT of horses running---- hair--as women--=the chopper blades{spinning}

could look like hair of women ---when you're trying to describe something you've never seen or heard of--it gets kind-a-difficult to EXplain i would I-magine---GOD often calls {heathen}nations HIS servantS

when ISRAEL rebelled--worshipped false gods-----just some thoughts----------------{Gary}- :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Hey does anyone know of any good websites that portray some of these images in art? I'd love to see some of these creatures in graphics, like the locusts. I can hardly get a visual imagining of them they are so psychedelic!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Guest MARANATHA-NOW

Joel 2

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

I believe verse 11 identifies whose army is being spoken of in verses 1-10. I believe this is a description of the armies of heaven invading and taking control of this world at the return of CHRIST. IMHO.

As far as the locust of Revelation 9, they have a different king. I believe they could possibly be helicopters described with the vocabulary of John's day. I believe the first time I heard this belief was in one of Hal Lindsey's books. The key to me that these may be military helicopters, is when you look at a helicopter, like the blackhawks, hueys, and cobras, they resemble locust. When you look inside the windows of these craft you see the faces of men, as described. Is this definite "no", but it is a possibility, which I believe is what is being stated.

It is possible that Joel 2 and Revelation 9, are describing the same event, but I do not believe this is the case, IMHO. Peace, but not yet.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I have to believe that the locusts being described are the same. If these kind of Biblical symbols are not consistent with each other, it would be hopeless to try to interpret prophecy.