• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

Praise the Lord, I'll be teaching the youth class at my church in two weeks! :) This will definitely help with my organization! The topic I have chosen to talk about at the meeting is Warnings Of The End Times. What I'm asking from YOU people is YOUR experiences of Y2K. How did YOU react to the warnings?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Baz, I took the Y2K with a grain of salt, I was aware that things could happen but it didn't bother me, my trust was in Lord no matter what was going to happen.

Angels :)

Guest AWorkInProgress

Or the avian flu. Anyone storing up food and water for ANY senerio? Has it been laid upon your hearts? Are we to not prepare, and expect manna to appear should He want our survival?? Fear not being the motivating factor, of course.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Y2K was absolute hogwash, and shame on any churches who took it seriously! After all, Jesus said we will know neither the day, nor the hour- in the case of Y2K- we would have known both!

I think Y2K was only widespread, because of our obnoxious TV media. At my house, we basically just ignored it all- whatever is going to happen, will happen, no matter what we do. (especially, if you have NO control over it, whatsoever) As long as you are ready to meet God at any time- you should concentrate on living your life to please Him- not being so distrusting of His ability to provide, that you start stockpiling food and water.. If God wants to shake the world up, do you think that it will really help you? The Lord will provide for all your needs- and you DON'T need to be overly worried about the future- just if you're pleasing Him NOW.

Our computer sure survived... although we did buy a new one around that time- because my dad was trying to be protective of his business documents- if the computer went wacky because its calendar went nuts, (they weren't designed with the "20__" at the beginning- so what would it have done- started over at 1900?) he didn't want to lose his business information. We sort of needed a new computer anyway. The PC worked right, anyway- and didn't have any problems.

It is sort of nuts, I think, how many evangelists I have heard, talking about "the mark of the beast "this"", and the mark of the beast is that.... For example, one evangelist was talking about microchips being evil- and that the mark of the beast would be a chip implant. However, the Bible makes it quite clear that we will know for SURE, when the mark of the beast is given- there will be no doubt over what it is. Every single person will have to make their choice over whether they are going to take the Mark, or follow the True God.

I mentioned something about the tracking implants that they talk about putting on children who are likely to be kidnapped. "oh no-" people say. "we will be tracked by the government!" "It must be the mark of the beast"! The "Mark of the Beast" will not even be HERE, until the Beast is. Until there is a one-world government, and the Beast is obviously in charge, there will be no mark for him. And the mark will be a sign of "patriotism", or "nationalism". Not a safety precaution because parents want to protect their children. Also NOT a GPS device in your car.

Being afraid or preoccupied with what you imagine the future to be, is not productive. After all, the early church thought THEY were living in the end-times... why should we be so sure that Christ is coming in OUR lifetime? The world's acceptance of certain things seems to go in cycles- the Romans started out with a good system of government- then they started allowing more and more immorality, and then they collapsed, and another civilization rose in their place. The same thing happened to the Greeks- and I personally believe that the same thing will happen to the US. The Romans were the most powerful civilization around- and then they fell. crumbled. turned to dust. So will our own nation, if it continues along the same path. We are not invincible, merely because our nation was "founded on Christian principles".

Most importantly- whenever the tribulation begins, it WILL. Bothering about WHEN is not any use- because most likely, if you decide when you think it's coming- it will certainly NOT be coming then. It will come as a "thief in the night". And thinking about it, does not help you win people to Christ, any more than it does to picture them burning in Hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

I was working in Information Technology during Y2K. Let me assure you that if many of the fixes that were put in before the turn of the century were not done, there would have been some inconvenience. But the apocalyptic nature of many of the warnings we received were much overstated in my opinion.

I did not buy a generator or dried food. I had some water in case there was a temporaty disruption in electricity (we were on a well. I took out enough cash for a long weekend. I watched the new year come in on CNN with my wife and Mom

Y2K was absolute hogwash, and shame on any churches who took it seriously! After all, Jesus said we will know neither the day, nor the hour- in the case of Y2K- we would have known both!

I think Y2K was only widespread, because of our obnoxious TV media. At my house, we basically just ignored it all- whatever is going to happen, will happen, no matter what we do. (especially, if you have NO control over it, whatsoever) As long as you are ready to meet God at any time- you should concentrate on living your life to please Him- not being so distrusting of His ability to provide, that you start stockpiling food and water.. If God wants to shake the world up, do you think that it will really help you? The Lord will provide for all your needs- and you DON'T need to be overly worried about the future- just if you're pleasing Him NOW.

Our computer sure survived... although we did buy a new one around that time- because my dad was trying to be protective of his business documents- if the computer went wacky because its calendar went nuts, (they weren't designed with the "20__" at the beginning- so what would it have done- started over at 1900?) he didn't want to lose his business information. We sort of needed a new computer anyway. The PC worked right, anyway- and didn't have any problems.

It is sort of nuts, I think, how many evangelists I have heard, talking about "the mark of the beast "this"", and the mark of the beast is that.... For example, one evangelist was talking about microchips being evil- and that the mark of the beast would be a chip implant. However, the Bible makes it quite clear that we will know for SURE, when the mark of the beast is given- there will be no doubt over what it is. Every single person will have to make their choice over whether they are going to take the Mark, or follow the True God.

I mentioned something about the tracking implants that they talk about putting on children who are likely to be kidnapped. "oh no-" people say. "we will be tracked by the government!" "It must be the mark of the beast"! The "Mark of the Beast" will not even be HERE, until the Beast is. Until there is a one-world government, and the Beast is obviously in charge, there will be no mark for him. And the mark will be a sign of "patriotism", or "nationalism". Not a safety precaution because parents want to protect their children. Also NOT a GPS device in your car.

Being afraid or preoccupied with what you imagine the future to be, is not productive. After all, the early church thought THEY were living in the end-times... why should we be so sure that Christ is coming in OUR lifetime? The world's acceptance of certain things seems to go in cycles- the Romans started out with a good system of government- then they started allowing more and more immorality, and then they collapsed, and another civilization rose in their place. The same thing happened to the Greeks- and I personally believe that the same thing will happen to the US. The Romans were the most powerful civilization around- and then they fell. crumbled. turned to dust. So will our own nation, if it continues along the same path. We are not invincible, merely because our nation was "founded on Christian principles".

Most importantly- whenever the tribulation begins, it WILL. Bothering about WHEN is not any use- because most likely, if you decide when you think it's coming- it will certainly NOT be coming then. It will come as a "thief in the night". And thinking about it, does not help you win people to Christ, any more than it does to picture them burning in Hell.

Wow! Thank you so much! I'll definitely be reading your whole message to the class! Jeez, you could be a journalist! haha God bless you. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Baz, I work for the service department for Xerox and have for 33 year or so. I work on high speed laser printers that have different computer systems as their controllers.

I can tell you that if we had not prepaired for the changing of the way that time was handled in all of our servers at midnight on Jan 1, 2002 none of them would have worked. We worked very hard and put in extra hours to make sure that our customers were taken care of and because of our hard work, literally nothing happened when the clock struck 2000.

A lot of people think the Y2K was just a scare, because their home systems were not really tied to the world time and those computers did work even though they thought it was some other day. Might have caused a bit of problem with their checking programs or something like that. But the major backbone servers for the internet and most commercial systems would have been in really dire trouble had many many people not worked to prepare, and it was because of that work that almost nothing happened.

Same way with the return of the Lord..... those that are prepared will think it is just the grandest thing...... others..... well you can just guess it won't be pretty.

Sam

Edited by other one

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

i ran an update and chated in the new year on line.nothing happened

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.89

Praise the Lord, I'll be teaching the youth class at my church in two weeks! :thumbsup: This will definitely help with my organization! The topic I have chosen to talk about at the meeting is Warnings Of The End Times. What I'm asking from YOU people is YOUR experiences of Y2K. How did YOU react to the warnings?

The Lord reminded me that no one knows the time...... (leading up to the Y2K thing)

I was at work in a warehouse that spring, the same spring that a very good friends wife was in the hospital after flat lining three times on the way to the hospital... she was not expected to make it thru the night ( testimony in itself)...

I was going thru times with work, and where I was being lead and everything else... i was questioning God on when I was to leave that job and start on my own.... and He told me that I needed to get my household in order..... that it was almost time......

I pondered that.... then asked.... Almost time for what ???? the Rapture ( thinking Y2K ) or leaving this job.....

then He told me.... Noone Knows The Time....

I knew then that it was getting time to depart from that job, and that the Y2K thing was nothing more then hype.... ( this was in May of 1999).......

yes, about the middle of December, i went and took all the trucks in and topped them off with fuel and also all the gas cans..... ( one truck carried a 50 gallon gas tank in the bed )... not because we were concerned that the pumps would not be working, but to keep from being caught in the panic of others trying to buy gas at the last minute... we then kept the trucks full, topping them every other day.... ( plumbing does not rely on computers, other then the water source and your sewage treatment plants.... so we knew we would be busy... )....

after the first of the year, we then started using the fuel that we had purchased so that it would not go stale.... all that fuel lasted us until the first of Feb......

also, we did not buy anything that we would not normally use....

mike

Thank you for your replies, folks! :thumbsup: