Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

No, our humble little ol' country preacher just calls himself a "dumb sheep" (but that's an inside joke in our church - i.e. has something to do with Psalm 23).

No, he has never claimed anything apart from being a servant...he's very humble.

As for me, he may deliver a sermon...but the Holy Spirit certainly speaks right through him when half the congregation is moved to tears....

I cannot see any difference between a person on this board who delivers scripture and adds his interpretation of the scripture and my pastor preaching on a topic and providing us his insight.

It sounds like the same thing...only one is called a "preacher" and one a "prophet"....

I had always considered a prophet as one who generally reveals future events...

So far, I've heard only scripture verses ...which I know and understand and see nothing unique or prophetic.

I have met someone who told me future events that couldn't just "happen"  and they did as he said. He also, never claimed to be a prophet but every time he told me what would happen, it did - just as he said. That truly left me astonished.

I have not seen such a phenomenom here,  (so far).

But no...our lil' ol' preacher wouldn't say such as thing. You've never met any man so humble and contrite...he's well into his seventies, with a heart of gold.

Just a personal note: I have noticed what seems to be a pattern. It appears or seems that the few people I've known to have a special gift for prophesy have endured tremendous suffering, oftentimes very brutal physical pain.

The dear sweet man who would tell me things before they happened suffered severe physcial pain - mindnumbing pain, for which no pain medication could bring relief. Despite his pleadings, God would not deliver him from this suffering. He endures it even now.

I also noticed how David Wilkerson who speaks prophetically has also suffered horribly. He just lost his young granddaughter to brain cancer in January; his daughter suffered from it and also his wife, but was medically healed somehow, (I don't recall).

It just seems that people who go through a great deal of pain are given a special annointing .... it seems this way. I'm not saying this is "doctrine" but  that it "appears"  (or "seems") to be a common thread among those I've known have this gift.

Happy Sunday cats!!

I think Jesus picked a good animal to compare us to. Sheep are probably one of the dumbest animals on earth. They are always wandering off and get lost so easily. And that's how we are as christians. We can all get ahead of the Lord and lose our way if we aren't careful.

Prophecy is a subject that is probably not well understood, even by christians. We live by faith, that is believing in unseen promises. All who live by faith are living in the spirit of prophecy, but yet, this does not make us all prophets. I would guess that this is confusing to some believers, maybe even more than not?

2 Pet. 1:20-21 - "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

If a man is preparing or practicing a sermon, testimony or a teaching, he is doing this by his own will and choosing. When he delivers this message, it is not a prophecy, but it is possible that the Holy Spirit can interupt the message with a word from God. A message can be annointed without the messenger prophesying. God works in many and mysterous ways. Most messages are not prophecies, even though most of them are done in the spirit of prophecy. I guess it is kinda confusing, but this is the way I understand it. And I'm certainly no prophet.

I might add too, that even though I'm not a prophet, I do believe that I have received special revelation on a few occasions. The Spirit can do that with all of us, especially if we seek His truth diligently.

Cats, I'd like to see what this David Wilkerson is saying. Do you have any links on him??

God bless you sister!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

Just do a google search for Times Square Church in New York...that's how I found him; I receive his monthly newletters, which are very powerful.

Guest shadow2b
Just do a google search for Times Square  Church in New York...that's how I found him; I receive his monthly newletters, which are very powerful.

HEYyyyyyyyyyy--CATS---my dear friend----yeah I get David-Wilkerson's news letter every month too.

I also have a picture of David's grand-daughter that died of cancer at 12 yrs. old--her picture hangs on the wall with my grand-daughters pictures---I cried so hard when I got that picture & announcement of "Tiffany's" death---That news just overwhelmed me because I would have been just as broken hearted as David-Wilkerson was if it had been one of my grand-daughters-I havenot understood completely "WHY"-I was moved to tears for this little lady--Yet this little baby was not fearfull of death...SHE was quite content & peaceful----What a statement of faith for a 12yr.old young lady-------GOD-BLESS-----------Gary----

You know what I always liked was when Jesus was being harassed he simply stated "let him with an ear hear.."

He didn't threaten.

I feel blessed because I do hear.

I also personally discern that Wilkerson's messages are filled with wonderful truth inspired by the Lord - sometimes bright and uplifting, othertimes ominous and a bit disturbing.

But he's been through the fires of affliction; he's been on the road for a long time and ministered to people for many years. He knows all about, "People are our business..their common welfare is our business."

I quote that from Jacob Marley, (A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens) and everytime I see that movie at Christmas I quote Marley when he visits scrooge.

People are our business..their common welfare is our business...

We all need to remember that...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Just do a google search for Times Square  Church in New York...that's how I found him; I receive his monthly newletters, which are very powerful.

Hi cats,

This is odd. He just happened to pop up on a site that I visit regularly. Here is an interview with David Wilkerson from Israel Today. Even though he's not prophesying, I love the stand that he takes in defense of Israel. Here's the link :

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/headlines/hea...1&ArticleID=809

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

A Real Prophet          by Catsmeow

Last Sunday my better half and I attended Sunday services at our local  Baptist Church...a cozy lil'  country church -  stately, white and brick,  topped off with a towering  steeple... 

We made our way to our seats and the service began with  traditional hymns, ("How Great Thou Art")  followed by a few contemporary ones. 

Finally, a white-haired elderly gent  approaches the podium. His kindly eyes seem to twinkle as he  warns us in advance of the sermon:  hell fire and damnation. This is the topic no preacher  wants to deliver. 

The elderly preacher  tells the story about a rich man - name unknown -  and a beggar named, "Lazarus". He tells us of the terrible fate of the  rich man, who lived a life of  luxury while the beggar suffered outside his gates.

Now, at last...the rich man feels "compassion"....compassion for his five brothers who will  join him in this dreadful place of torment. He begs to send Lazarus back to warn his brothers - but to no avail.

The preacher straightens up and tells us another story...a story  about a board certified attorney who -  upon hearing the call of God on his life - gives up his law practice to "go find that man's five brothers" - wherever they may be.

With a wink and a smile he adds, "And I hear rumor that he (the rich man) had some 'sisters' too".

"Maybe we all need to go out and find that rich man's brothers and his sisters...."

I can't  begin to do justice to this country preacher's sermon...I can only say that as I  sobbed in my seat, I noticed a few tough, godly men borrowing their wives' kleenex and wiping their  tears....big ol' tears.

After the service, the tears didn't stop. I saw men - some of the  elders and deacons...men everywhere crying and embracing.

Now, that elderly gent never claimed he was a prophet but the Spirit of God was in that church   quickening hearts... The Spirit filled that whole building and we felt it. 

People can say what they wish...but for me, a prophet is anyone who speaks a Word from God, as this dear gentleman did and move people to tears. Or turn  knuckles white with conviction...and mouthes agape....

He did it effortlessly...coming straight from the mouth of God Almighty and felt in the hearts of all who heard.  There's a doubtless sense of awe and wonder when God speaks to His children. You know in the depth of your being you've been touched in some special way. You perceive a quickening in your spirit. 

The old country preacher's there soon after you're born;  he baptises you; he marries you; he buries you. He's there in times of joy and times of trouble...he's always there.

He's a mighty man of God - but he doesn't see it  ....This humble country preacher describes himself only as a "dumb sheep". As the congregation roars in laughter, he's quick to remind them that "they're all dumb sheep, too!"

I saw into the eyes of prophet on Sunday...a simple white-haired man with a heart of gold who could move  grown men to their knees in a storm of tears.

Hi Cat,

Man this is a true prophet of God and this is why Paul says that prophecy is a better gift than tongues.

1 Cor 14:24-25

"But if all prophecy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convicted of all, he is judged of all.

And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest and so falling down on his face he will worship God and report that God is in you of a truth"

Just as your prophet delivered the message of God and all were convicted and all I am sure have said surely this is a man of God.

I love when God shows me something of my heart that I didnt know about and its not always easy to take

but the beauty of it is that when God shows me the evil that is in me and in need of repentance, it is also showing me just how much He loves me.

Great story cat

In Jesus,

Kevin

I love when God shows me something of my heart that I didnt know about and its not always easy to take

but the beauty of it is that when God shows me the evil that is in me and in need of repentance, it is also showing me just how much He loves me.

Great story cat

In Jesus,

Kevin

JG2: You know, that's the whole point, isn't it? It's really God just loving us.

You know ...when our Father speaks, we know He loves us and He cares. He also sends His messengers - His representatives, who also care...they reflect HIM....

Anyone can get up and preach a sermon but when God really speaks through someone, they don't need to claim they're a prophet. The room is dead silent; everyone is filled with a sense of awe; people know in the depth of their being that God has spoken to them.

You can see it...people's eyes tearing up; palms getting sweaty. People's hearts start beating faster...you feel you a lump in your throat.

What funny is ...when God speaks, no matter what His message...it's like gold..so precious and so sweet and so endearing.

When God wants to get our attention, His Spirit knows how.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

This goes out to everyone...

It's ok to know who you are and what your purpose is in the Body of Christ and to not be ashamed to admit it.

I have no problem with a pastor introducing himself as a pastor, a prophet a prophet, a teacher a teacher, etc.

Actually I get excited to hear from someone that knows by God who he/she is and what their purpose is in the body.

If you know who you are and what you are called to do, then DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO STEP INTO THAT PLACE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST AND BE WHAT GOD CREATED YOU TO BE IN THE BODY.

And by all means, USE YOUR GIFT FOR THE CHURCH!

Do not fear what men may say.

I didn't go through all pages of this thread so please forgive me if this has already been brought up

1 Corinthians 14

1 Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

2 For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks (6) mysteries.

3 But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all;

25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.

26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;

28 but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.

29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment.

30 But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent.

31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted;

32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;

33 for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

37 If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment.

38 But if anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.

39 Therefore, my brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak in tongues.

40 But all things must be done properly and in an orderly manner.