IGNORED

what tribes did the disciples come from?

penfold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

You may not see them as Jews, but they will inherit the land, per Ezekiel 48.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Book of Jude, http://www.biblegate...e 1&version=KJV

Jude condemns the Tribe of Judah as 'wandering stars', who have sought out 'strange flesh'. Probably this latter subject is part of a general anti-Jebusite stance.

:huh: Jesus was of the tribe of Judah. His half-brother James, who became the "bishop" of Jerusalem, was also of the tribe of Judah.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Found this from another forum:

All were Galileans except one who was a Jew - Judas. Remember when Peter denied the Lord in Matt 26:73 they knew he was one of them because his speech betrayed that he was a Galilean. Judas' last name was Iscariot which means a man from Kerioth in the territory of Judah.
I knew Judas was from Kerioth, but I didn't know it was in Judea.

Found this from another forum:

All were Galileans except one who was a Jew - Judas. Remember when Peter denied the Lord in Matt 26:73 they knew he was one of them because his speech betrayed that he was a Galilean. Judas' last name was Iscariot which means a man from Kerioth in the territory of Judah.
I knew Judas was from Kerioth, but I didn't know it was in Judea.

The tribal territories were no longer in existence when the people of the Kingdom of Judah ("Jews") returned to the land of Israel, which by this time was renamed "Judea." So so cannot tag tribe affiliation by location. After all, Joseph and Mary were from Nazareth, and that is not located in ancient Judah.

The tribal territories were no longer in existence when the people of the Kingdom of Judah ("Jews") returned to the land of Israel, which by this time was renamed "Judea." So so cannot tag tribe affiliation by location. After all, Joseph and Mary were from Nazareth, and that is not located in ancient Judah.

Joseph was from Bethlehem, maybe Mary too, he had to go back to the place of his nativity to be taxed.

Joseph was from Bethlehem, maybe Mary too, he had to go back to the place of his nativity to be taxed.

He went to Bethlehem because he was of the line of David. the text never says he or Mary were born there.

He went to Bethlehem because he was of the line of David. the text never says he or Mary were born there.

By Job, I think you've got something there. No, your right, of course, I'm man enough to admit it.

:) Bless you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have read in several places that when the Northern Kingdom fell that the population of the southern kingdom grew by a lot and it seemed that many of those in the north migrated down and joined in with the south...... I've never been able to document that though. Would any of you have any idea...... or if it's even true?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I've come to understand some very controversial things regarding the 'tribes' ( that I won't mention), but there are 12 tribes and the "Jews" are only ONE tribe..There is also a difference in the "State of Israel" and "Jewish people". Many converted to Judaism and were not TRUE Jews, so there are a lot of people claiming to be Jews that are not. There are many Jews by conversion only, and it kind of goes back also to the birthright being stolen in some cases as was with the two brothers in scripture..

and there are many false teachers that would lead to deceive. Israel and jews are the same. one can not convert to be a Jew. it is only by birth are you a true Jew, if the teaching that one can become a jew simply by changing their ways or beliefs, then there would had been no need for Christains, we could have all been grafted in as jews. even the priesthood had to be proven by the blood line.