Sign in to follow this  
JohnS

Are You Born Again?

20 hours ago, john1 said:
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Truly those who follow after these works of love and compassion. How ever it is not these works for works sake but the character of Christ in them.

Say one does these works yet never went to Christ to commune with Him in prayer personal. Is he then Born again of the spirit. Jesus often went off to a lonely place to speak with the Father. Is God physical or spirit. Lets say would you rather pray to the pope who is a physical man or pray to God the Father who is not seen yet he is there.

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Say one does these works yet never went to Christ to commune with Him in prayer personal. Is he then Born again of the spirit.

1 John chapter 4 verse 7

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

20 hours ago, john1 said:

1 John chapter 4 verse 7

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

That is a true verse and I pray we all live up to it.

Jesus said to the women at the well

Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.    Jn 4:21-24  

Why did He say this?  He told Nickodemus  less you be born again of the spirit you cannot see the kingdom of God

I f you cannot see ( to understand it) you cannot enter in to it. This is no commandment but an absolute truth. The kingdom of God is not a place one can go to or to touch. Its as the wind and you don't know from where it comes. 

Nicodemus could not understand the spiritual connection. His understanding was carnal. He thought he meant to go back to the womb.. Jesus was talking about being born into a new relation with God in the spirit through the Holy Ghost. You only can understand this when you enter in to your prayer Closet when you are one on one with Christ in the spirit  

Steven was stoned when he said looking up I see Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Edited by Mike Mclees

Sign in to follow this