kittylover0991

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

What others have said is correct. The Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians.

Hmmm. The two JWs that visit us once in a while seem more Christian that most people. Sure, we don't agree with some of their teachings, but in general they teach about the bible and are useful resources. In the past few years of collecting their magazines, there have been only a few cases where we disagreed.

Maybe they are a cult, but we've never been pressured in the slightest way. Do they do more good than harm? That's a more serious question to ask of many churches that call themselves Christian. Some of the poeple here have had bad experiences with JWs and other churches.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

What others have said is correct. The Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians.

Hmmm. The two JWs that visit us once in a while seem more Christian that most people. Sure, we don't agree with some of their teachings, but in general they teach about the bible and are useful resources. In the past few years of collecting their magazines, there have been only a few cases where we disagreed.

Maybe they are a cult, but we've never been pressured in the slightest way. Do they do more good than harm? That's a more serious question to ask of many churches that call themselves Christian. Some of the poeple here have had bad experiences with JWs and other churches.

The issue is truth vs error. They teach that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, a created being. Jesus is actually God Almighty, the Creator. Trusting a counterfeit is spiritually fatal. We are warned about false gospels in the Bible. Do not dabble lest you become deceived. They have some positive things, but there are many ex-Witnesses with destroyed lives and families do to the authoritarian, ungodly nature of the organization. The closer you look at their teachings, the more they are evidently unbiblical. Using a poor NWT does not help either.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/18/1980

I came across your Jehova's Witness post (here):

To make a very long story short. My oldest sister {5 years older} ran in to some very difficult times. The JW's came along and swept her off her feet. She fell head over heals into this occult. I tried my hardest to convince her it was wrong, but to no avail. At the age of 34 she died because of the JW's teachings that she could not receive blood. This has made me hate JW's very much. When me & my other sister went to court to gain custody of her son, it was just a nightmare. As the JW's had her draw up a will that said that her son would stay with somebody from the JW's and not her family. The judge had me write out proof that JW's were a cult. I did so, I believe it was 15 pages long. The judge told me I did a wonderful job and he learned a lot. However, he could not rule in our favor because my sisters will over rode everything else. Happily now, her son is 20 years old and has no use for the JW's himself. The problem is, he has a hard time believing in God at all. So we just keep praying for his soul. My sister takes him to church sometimes and he seems to like it, but he just won't make a commitment. On a good note, on her deathbed, I did pray with her and she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord & Saviour. So I am convinced she is in heaven waiting for me. She was like a mom to me. We always got a long, and I believe in all our years growing up, I only had one arguement with her. All other times she was a fun loving person and we got along great. I miss her a lot, even tho' it's been 15 years now. Her last comment to me was "Please don't ever forget me." And her last comment to the rest of the folks in the room were "Please take care of my younger brother". I had to leave the room, because I couldn't hold back the flood of tears.

in Him;

corey

I have a friend who, right now, is planning on joining the Jehova's witnesses. She is going to these studies with them and just does not feel like she is ready yet. Since you have researched them, I was wondering if you could share some of the evidence which you came up with to show that they were a cult, so I can at least share some compelling arguments to throw some doubt in her mind. Thank you very much!

-Trent

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

What everyone said is so true. This is a false religion, denies the diety of Jesus and His death on the cross. In fact they believe the cross is a pagan symbol. Stay away from them they are dangerous and full of deceit

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

When my uncle Leonard was in his early twenties, he was arrested and put in a police lineup because he fit the description of the perpetrator of a robbery.

The victim of the crime picked him out of the lineup even though he was known to be assisting a surgeon perform an operation at the time of the crime.

A few days later, two men in suits came to my grandmother's door and said: "we have the witness". Oh! Please come in she said. A minute or two later, after learning the two suits were JWs, she, being a devout catholic, began a two hour lecture about the truth of God. Hahahahaha.

Leonard of course was cleared.

On false teaching among the JWs. If you get a consecutive series of the NWT over each new edition for the last forty years or so, their attempts to edit the truth out of the bible become crystal clear.

What most of the Jehova's Witnesses don't realize, is that Jehova is the Holy One of God, or Jesus Christ himself. Pretty sad really. In the NWT they were using during the 1990s, it was quite easy to prove that Jesus Christ was God using their own "bible". Especially in the book of Revelation.

The NWT is just a cut up version of the NIV.

Edited by Adarian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

If only Christians had as much love for Christ as the JW have against Him....

if only Christians were as dedicated to spreading the Word of God as the JW are about spreading their deceit...........

two JW would show up at our door, once a week, and mom would answer, they would pass a single verse, or even just part of a verse to her, and try to explain how that ment that Christians were wrong and that JW were correct..... mom would reply with the phrase.......... If that is so, then why does it say this over here, and give them scripture right back at them.... for what they were doing was taking the verse out of context and every thing in the Bible backs itself up.... they would have to depart for they did not know, but, the following week, they would return with their twisted answer, and then mom would respond again, well, if that means this, then why does it say this other over here? ./.... she continued on with this for quite some time..... finally they did not return......

several members of a cell group i belonged to lived real close together, like neighbors.s....

one day a pair of mail JW's came by, and at the first house their words were over powered thru the Word of God, this pair of JW's were older, and my friend who answered the door was only a teen.....

they moved on to the next house, and again, a teen answered, another member of our group, and countered their words, with the Word of God..... they moved on to the next house, and with a new arguement, their words were overcome..... again.... With the Word of God, this one even asked them to look it up in their book..... and what they were sharing, did not match what the book was saying.....

the JW's left there and also the neighborhood.... three houses, and they did not return to that neighborhood.....

J.W do not believe Christ was or IS the True Son of God.... to them, he was no different then the islamic or other false religions...... theirs is a religion of works.... you get points for everything you do, and only the top 144,000 will be allowed to live in the new jerusalem..... a change from a few years back, where onlyh 144,000 will be saved......, of those now, beyond the 144,000... they do not get to live in the New Jerusalem, but will have to live in the suburbs of Jerusalem......... ( in order to make it as attractive as they can, it was once that only 144 thousand, but being there are now more then 144 thousand, how can they recruit others if there are no more spots......

to the J.W. Christ was only another good man, a prophet.... nothing more....... they may feed you a good line while talking to you but beware....... Listen for the Holy Spirit to interceede...

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The Watchtower Society promotes an exclusive form of Sabellianism. Nothin' new under the sun. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I actually became a Christian due to JW's. Let me explain. For most of my adult life, I was an atheist. Somehow, I started thinking that all of this couldn't have happened by accident. Along came a JW at my door. I consented to a Bible study. The first thing that came up in my study was that "the Bible was not meant to be read like a book". Even though I didn't believe in God at the time, I was very suspicious. I thought to myself, "What are they trying to hide? If the Bible is the true guide for Christians, why wouldn't it be meant to be read like a book?" So, I started reading the Bible, much to my teachers displeasure. After half a dozen studies with JW's, I had actually read the Bible thru twice. At that time, my teacher brought in an "elder" to push me to join, because I had resisted believing in their doctrine until I read it in the Bible. He became very frustrated, because I would not allow him to use JW literature to teach me. I told him I would only accept the Bible. That made him so mad he left in anger. After, I called my teacher and canceled the study. Shortly after, I accepted Christ as my savior.

JW's are a cult. They do not believe Jesus was the Son of God.

Blessings, kamusat

I thought this was a powerful testimony to the absolute power of the Gospel to convert and guide. Here is a person surrounded by deceit who needed nothing but the Word of God and the ability to read, and found life. I think there is a lesson here for myself, I can't do it only the Gospel can, maybe part of our lesson should be to take ourselves out of the way of the Gospel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The Watchtower Society promotes an exclusive form of Sabellianism. Nothin' new under the sun. :)

:) What does that mean in layman terms? :blink:

Mrs. SE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I know a guy who got rid of the Jehovah's Witnesses by answering the door completely naked :)

:):o:wub:

:wub::wub::wub::wub: That is too funny. I just answered the door with my big dog Rusty. He was my Rhodesian Ridgeback and weighed over 100 pounds and was pure muscle. My gate was closed with a sign that said.."Beware Of Watchdog. They just barged in with kids. I came through the garage from the side of them..Rusty went nuts started barking and lunging on the leash..They almost killed themselves tripping over one another to get away. Funny....never have been back. However completely naked is a nice touch. Wish I had thought of that. :wub::blink::)