EricH

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

These are some things I learned while going through a Bible study put together by a good bud of mine, Dan Webster.

O Lord, who may abide in Thy tent? Who may dwell on Thy holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the LORD; He swears to his own hurt, and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Psalm 15:1-5 NASB

I remember as a kid, all of us wanting to hang out with the person who was the most popular in the school. One thing you learned quickly: if you wanted to hang out with the big-dog, there were certain hoops you needed to jump through. There were certain rules for behavior that would place you in the

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanging out with God is not a study, Hanging out with God is our experience and it is only because of His Son's Glory and Grace Love, Mercy Ghost Spirit and reconciliation that we can do this.

No it is not a Bible Study. But the way we learn out how to hang out with God is through the study of His Word. If someone claims to be hanging out with God, and is doing it in a manner not specified in His word, they are probably falling short

Guest power mousey

hi Serenity,

amen. :thumbsup:

true Eric,

Bible study is the way we learn more about our Lord and His ways and primarily for us to know Him more and for the Holy Spirt(allow the Holy Spirit) to talk and share in our heart and minds.

I hope, if you see or hear a brother and/or sister fall short at least pray for them and even better to warn them in love and help them. I have blown it many times too.

cheers,

power mousey :thumbsup:

Hi Erich,

The way we learn to hang out with God is to hang out with God, it is then He shows us how to hang out with Him, with His interpretation and meaning, and supernaturally gives it to us, and He becomes the word manifest to us, it is not even studying to knowing what to do, cause in Him, u read the verse, u see oh so clearly sometimes straight away other times delayed, and sometimes u read the same verse over and over and over and over and over and over, because there are many things to be seen and He is sharing what it is in His heart, upon His mind and what He is going to be doing. It is not because we are studying, it is because He is revealing. That He really wants His people to come to Him and it is important that His people live His living word, His messages in what He shows them and gives to each one supernaturally. And the word He speaks to u, comes into ur heart. There is His written word and then there is His living word and His living word He is alive and penetrating and He becomes a part of u and u become apart of Him. It becomes a compelling and u can't focus on anything else for a time, but just simply Him and being with Him. U might go out into the world at different times in ministery, but when He always calls u back to enter into Him and in His rest, when He is wanting u to be with Him and He is giving you something to know, show and do or just be.

the Pharisees use to complain that Jesus did not study the scriptures,

Jesus spoke to them about this and still they would not hang out with God, they were too caught up in their way, instead of Him and His way....

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me that ye might receive life. John 6:38-39

We get to hang out with God, with Lord Jesus Christ because we have answered His call, His knock, He calls and knocks, and that door has been opened to Him and us to enter also where He is, He comes to us, but we also go to Him.....and also because we have asked and prayed about it, cried it out to Him Oh Lord Jesus Christ, if only we could be with You, if only we could live this in You, we give up our all to U, we love U with all our heart, mind and soul and then we have believed in Him that we could, and had His faith and assurance that we will and then we do, and it comes because He has also asked us to be with Him. Jesus paid the price so we could be with Him, and He requires us to give up all, and that is what is required to spend time with God, it requires us giving up ourselves and our all to Him, to cry it out and just to have this more than anything else.

That beautiful treasure that is within the vessel and field, the ones that would give up and sell everything to have and behold that treasure. Many don't have this, cause they will not give up all themselves and all their lives to Him, everypart. For some will keep their lives, read and study the why of it, the how of it, fellowhsip and spend time with each other and say He is in the midst of us, and still not get to experience and just be with Him, to delight in Him to be one in Him to experience the flow of His deep abiding love, to be taken up in the spirit, and to see and be and experience His heavenly also to see His creation and the world through His eyes and vision and that is very sad and needs praying and crying about.

Sovereign Grace - Amazing Loving Living Grace

Serenity Grace

Homeheart Ministeries

His heart is in our home and our home is in His heart...John 14:20

Hanging out with God is not a study, Hanging out with God is our experience and it is only because of His Son's Glory and Grace Love, Mercy Ghost Spirit and reconciliation that we can do this.

No it is not a Bible Study. But the way we learn out how to hang out with God is through the study of His Word. If someone claims to be hanging out with God, and is doing it in a manner not specified in His word, they are probably falling short

So it sounds like you are saying that people can fully understand how to related to God without the help of His written word. Am I understanding you correctly? Jesus did not condemn the Pharisees for looking to the scriptures, He condemned them because they misread them. Jesus constantly affirmed the centrality of the scriptures and His fulfillment of them. Jesus Himself defined who really loves Him:

He who has my commandments and keeps them, He it is who loves me, and He who loves me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love Him and disclose myself to Him

John 14:21 NASB

The only way we have of knowing Jesus' commandments is through the scriptures. People can desire to know God, but the place we find out His will for our lives is the written word.

I do however, agree with you that there are many who think that just by knowing what the Bible says, they will get close to God. They must do more than know it. They must also apply it to their lives and let the Holy Spirit change them. But just because some folks abuse the word, does not diminish its power to change lives:

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12 NASB

God's definition of they type of person that can dwell in HIs tents still stands (Psalm 15) The only way we can become this type of person is by allowing the Holy Spirit to change our hearts as we interact with His word, and it pierces both bone and marrow. But the word is still central as it is our only way of knowing God's absolute will for our lives

Hi Erich,

The way we learn to hang out with God is to hang out with God, it is then He shows us how to hang out with Him, with His interpretation and meaning, and supernaturally gives it to us, and He becomes the word manifest to us, it is not even studying to knowing what to do, cause in Him, u read the verse, u see oh so clearly sometimes straight away other times delayed, and sometimes u read the same verse over and over and over and over and over and over, because there are many things to be seen and He is sharing what it is in His heart, upon His mind and what He is going to be doing. It is not because we are studying, it is because He is revealing. That He really wants His people to come to Him and it is important that His people live His living word, His messages in what He shows them and gives to each one supernaturally. And the word He speaks to u, comes into ur heart. There is His written word and then there is His living word and His living word He is alive and penetrating and He becomes a part of u and u become apart of Him. It becomes a compelling and u can't focus on anything else for a time, but just simply Him and being with Him. U might go out into the world at different times in ministery, but when He always calls u back to enter into Him and in His rest, when He is wanting u to be with Him and He is giving you something to know, show and do or just be.

the Pharisees use to complain that Jesus did not study the scriptures,

Jesus spoke to them about this and still they would not hang out with God, they were too caught up in their way, instead of Him and His way....

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me that ye might receive life. John 6:38-39

We get to hang out with God, with Lord Jesus Christ because we have answered His call, His knock, He calls and knocks, and that door has been opened to Him and us to enter also where He is, He comes to us, but we also go to Him.....and also because we have asked and prayed about it, cried it out to Him Oh Lord Jesus Christ, if only we could be with You, if only we could live this in You, we give up our all to U, we love U with all our heart, mind and soul and then we have believed in Him that we could, and had His faith and assurance that we will and then we do, and it comes because He has also asked us to be with Him. Jesus paid the price so we could be with Him, and He requires us to give up all, and that is what is required to spend time with God, it requires us giving up ourselves and our all to Him, to cry it out and just to have this more than anything else.

That beautiful treasure that is within the vessel and field, the ones that would give up and sell everything to have and behold that treasure. Many don't have this, cause they will not give up all themselves and all their lives to Him, everypart. For some will keep their lives, read and study the why of it, the how of it, fellowhsip and spend time with each other and say He is in the midst of us, and still not get to experience and just be with Him, to delight in Him to be one in Him to experience the flow of His deep abiding love, to be taken up in the spirit, and to see and be and experience His heavenly also to see His creation and the world through His eyes and vision and that is very sad and needs praying and crying about.

Sovereign Grace - Amazing Loving Living Grace

Serenity Grace

Homeheart Ministeries

His heart is in our home and our home is in His heart...John 14:20

So it sounds like you are saying that people can fully understand how to related to God without the help of His written word. Am I understanding you correctly? Jesus did not condemn the Pharisees for looking to the scriptures, He condemned them because they misread them. Jesus constantly affirmed the centrality of the scriptures and His fulfillment of them. Jesus Himself defined who really loves Him:

He who has my commandments and keeps them, He it is who loves me, and He who loves me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love Him and disclose myself to Him

John 14:21 NASB

The only way we have of knowing Jesus' commandments is through the scriptures. People can desire to know God, but the place we find out His will for our lives is the written word.

I do however, agree with you that there are many who think that just by knowing what the Bible says, they will get close to God. They must do more than know it. They must also apply it to their lives and let the Holy Spirit change them. But just because some folks abuse the word, does not diminish its power to change lives:

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12 NASB

God's definition of they type of person that can dwell in HIs tents still stands (Psalm 15) The only way we can become this type of person is by allowing the Holy Spirit to change our hearts as we interact with His word, and it pierces both bone and marrow. But the word is still central as it is our only way of knowing God's absolute will for our lives

sorry, first post. I love hanging out with Jesus. He`s my best friend, husband, coach and drill sargent. He`s also the one who forgives me way before I can.

This Psalm kind of sums it up for me;

TELL PEOPLE ABOUT GOD'S NATURE -- Psalm 40:1-11 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; was I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come

sorry, first post. I love hanging out with Jesus. He`s my best friend, husband, coach and drill sargent. He`s also the one who forgives me way before I can.

This Psalm kind of sums it up for me;

TELL PEOPLE ABOUT GOD'S NATURE -- Psalm 40:1-11 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; was I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come

Guest Godsearch

Hi enrich,

I am very new at this so, forgive me if i am off the wall. i thought that was brilliant. i just wish things do not have to be more complicated..

Christian life is hard to do when the church pulls you down and you do not have good bible believing christian friends. it took me a long time to discover why christians still sin if they truely believed Jesus died for their sins and their sicknesses. what we experience is not real iwould say. i refused to feel and i refused to believe i was unwell. or even that i had sin in my life. for i believed "he has dealt with the sin he has won. what we see is an elussion a trick of the mind" it work well until i met the Holy Spirit then conviction came and i could not distinguish between that and condemnation.

Your 11 points and findings are located not only in the Pslms but Proverbs and 1 Corthians chapters 10-13.. It is important to realise it is only Jesus who can defeat the enemy and if we want to irradicate sin from ourlives we need to Submit fully to God Be in Christ Jesus for if you are in Christ jesus and He in you. you love your brother. Anyone who does not love his or her brother/sister is not in Christ. or something to that effect.

We are born sinful we have the sinful nature but we attach ourselves to god and he changes us from the inside out.

Gsearch.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Bumped.

This is a wonderful study.

David hung out with God, but even in the Psalms, we can see he had his faults. :noidea:

I believe God allowed this(his Biblical testimony) for the purpose to show His children that we don't have to be perfect(in fact, we can't)

to have a good relationship with God.

:noidea:

• 3 months later...
Guest jeffythepooh
These are some things I learned while going through a Bible study put together by a good bud of mine, Dan Webster.

O Lord, who may abide in Thy tent? Who may dwell on Thy holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the LORD; He swears to his own hurt, and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Psalm 15:1-5 NASB

I remember as a kid, all of us wanting to hang out with the person who was the most popular in the school. One thing you learned quickly: if you wanted to hang out with the big-dog, there were certain hoops you needed to jump through. There were certain rules for behavior that would place you in the