• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Great post Avodah. I'v been away from the board a lot lately and this is one of rhe first posts I've read since my return to regular posting. I really think it should be Bumped or pinned, or whatever is done to remind people of the importance of this ministry and it's purpose.

eric.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I agree wholeheartedly with Avodah's post and find myself disappointed when Christrians cannot have an even-tempered exchange of ideas and beliefs. What is so hard to understand about what James meant when he wrote, "be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."? [James 1:19,20]

Speaking as a moderator, though, and regarding the need for "censorship", I have no problems removing or editing offensive threads and posts or banning people who are unwilling to accept Godly discipline when their teaching or behavior is not biblical. I have seen a broad spectrum of beliefs presented on these boards and have yet seen one of these people who did not think they were under God's annointing or that they had some special insight that others did not have.

So what is our responsibility? We are told to "test the spirits". [1 John 4:1] More importantly, we are given the example of the "Bereans [who] were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." [Acts 17:11]

So yes, we as moderators have a job to do and we do our best following the leading of the Holy Spirit AND God's Word. :emot-crying:

May the Lord Bless you richly,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne B.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I think the internet breeds this type of thing, this negativity.

The other problem is simply that there are a bunch of angry bitter people out there, you put your finger on it, the root of bitterness, it will stand out even when the poster is correct.

I myself have both a negative and argumentative streak, I would find it helpful and would not find it offensive to be told if a post was personally bitter or negative.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

AMEN, AMEN AMEN and AMEN!!!!! :emot-crying:

The bitterness and anger I have seen really lays heavy on my heart. It is my prayer that all who read receive it in the way it was intended, with love.

Too often in this world, people want to show you what they know. It is not their intention to learn anything. And if you disagree with them, well, you know what hits the fan!

I have spent most of my adult life as a non-believer. When I heard Christians spout such anger and bitterness, it only re-inforced my views (at the time) that they were no better anyone else. I rarely sensed love from them. Thank God that my mother, the most wonderful, humble, kind and loving Christian I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, showed love, grace and forgiveness CONSTANTLY. If it wasn't for her, I don't know if I would have ever seen Christ. That is how I came to know Him.. by the way she lived her life. (and GASP!! She is Lutheran!! Sorry, I couldn't resist!! :emot-pray: )

I often wonder how many people come to boards like this searching for Christ. What would they find? Would they find love? Would they find forgiveness and grace? Or would they find bitterness and anger thrown at them?

Thanks for posting Avodah!! It is one of the best I have seen here. You truly have the Spririt of Truth in your heart.

Blessings, kamusat

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

A few days ago I was rebuked in a kind way for gosipping about a celebrity. The other person wrote me a nasty note. Saying that their salvation is none of my business. ( 1 John4)

50 Cent: If anyone PM's you and causes you trouble, you can block any attempt to contact you, (just so you know). Or, you can simply say, "Please don't PM me again. I don't wish to discuss this with you." There's a "Block Sender" option you can use in the future.

Also, regarding this quote from you:

I wish that all who claim to be Christians are going to heaven. I just want people to know the TRUTH. I believe that it would be wrong to let someone go through life believing a lie just to keep them happy. Would that be loving? Especially if that lie caused them to go to hell. We are not to judge but we are called to test the spirits. I have loved ones that claim to be Christian but I see no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

50 Cent: This is a bit personal for me, but my stepmother died "lost". At her funeral, it was very hard to listen to everyone talk about her "in heaven" when she wanted nothing to do with the Lord while she lived. Sometimes, friend, people prefer to live in ignorance and believe the lie. Mother was a "nice person" but lived in sin and had no interest in Christ...

It's hard, very hard....to speak the truth when you know you'll be hammered on by the court of public opinion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Speaking as a moderator, though, and regarding the need for "censorship", I have no problems removing or editing offensive threads and posts or banning people who are unwilling to accept Godly discipline when their teaching or behavior is not biblical.

I just wanted to back-up the Mods on this.

Before coming here, I was participating in a different Christian Board where the Moderators were not regulating converstations much. The things that went on in there was unreal! I and a spare few others got stuck in a debate with some dude who claimed to be of "the One True Church" and "those who do not listen to use are of the evil one" - quoting some verse from 1 John, IIRC. This dude was left enabled to rant on and on unchecked, spreading his (cult - obviously) propoganda. :emot-partyblower:

That's just one example.

The Mods here regard this Board as a ministry and treat it as such, and that, at times means "casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ," (2 Cor. 10:5).

That means we don't want this place to become a soundboard for false doctrine, gossip, slander, etc., etc.

Make sense?

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Before coming here, I was participating in a different Christian Board where the Moderators were not regulating converstations much. The things that went on in there was unreal! I and a spare few others got stuck in a debate with some dude who claimed to be of "the One True Church" and "those who do not listen to use are of the evil one" - quoting some verse from 1 John, IIRC. This dude was left enabled to rant on and on unchecked, spreading his (cult - obviously) propoganda. :emot-partyblower:

I remember Neb....I remember that board very well....and sure glad you came here. :star:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Yea! Moderators.

Amen Avodah

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1962

50 Cent: This is a bit personal for me, but my stepmother died "lost". At her funeral, it was very hard to listen to everyone talk about her "in heaven" when she wanted nothing to do with the Lord while she lived. Sometimes, friend, people prefer to live in ignorance and believe the lie. Mother was a "nice person" but lived in sin and had no interest in Christ...

It's hard, very hard....to speak the truth when you know you'll be hammered on by the court of public opinion.

Catsmeow,

I do not know all the details of your stepmother's life or death, but I have a similar situation with my husband's mother.

From the human vantage point, she died "lost". But Abba looks not upon the outward appearance, but upon the heart. Who knows what passes between the human heart and it's Creator in the last moments before death? None, not one, except for the Holy Spirit, who pleads our case before Abba in the most worthy way, with groanings without utterance. (Romans 8:26-27)

Catsmeow, I submit to you, that we do not know whether your stepmother died lost. When King Jesus returns to the skies above this planet, then and only then will we know who is saved and who is lost. I trust my Beloved Bridegroom, and that the decisions He and the Most High make with regard to each human heart are perfect. But I also believe in Their mercy.

I hope you find rest in your emotions and grieving process for your step-mama.

Clio