• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

Please understand that this is written with an attitude of love.

I'm tired of the bashing, and the people who don't have a positive word to say about anything. A typical response to "What a beautiful day it is" would be, "is that in the bible, is it appropriate to say, that sounds demonic, it's the presidents fault you know."

I am here to uplift and to be uplifted, also to learn truths; the attitude of many on this board is "I'm right and you must not be a REAL christian if you disagree with me" I have seen threads that are so positive turn into, I'm right and your wrong. There are people who couldn't say a positive thing if their life depended on it because they have a root of bitterness that shows up in every post they make. There are posters who post just to fight and cause dissention, if you give an opinion or response that is contrary to what a particular person might think you are attacked and I have enough of that outside these boards.

I'm sure there will be some that say "oh, so...we are not to question these things", yes it is good to question and debate but it is the attitude and the motive that makes the difference.

Col 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

As christians we are called to love one another, that doesn't mean overlook the sin and pretend all is well, but it does mean to pray for them and to ask the Holy Spirt to send a spirit of truth into their lives to reaveal to them their sin. It is not up to us to reveal someone's sin to them, it is up to the Holy Spirit. We are to love them and show them the graciousness of God. We are to guide them to the truth not bash them over the head with it.

Phl 2:3 [Let] nothing [be done] through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

We are called to be servants, it is by serving that others are won. We are to put others desires ahead of our own. What I see is selfishness and the need to be heard rather then self constraint and doing what is right.

I love this board and I love the people on it, but my heart hurts when I read some of the things that have been posted. Don't tell me to get a thicker skin either (I have read that in a post), that is not what is needed. A thicker skin causes you to be unsensetive to the hurts of others and causes walls to come up. I want to be sensetive to the needs and hurts of others, I want to be available for the Lord to use me as His loving touch to someone who is hurting.

I am not eloquent with words I know, but I hope this is received in the true attitude it was spoken.

Ok...now you may pick me apart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I personally have enjoyed butting heads with some of the folks here. In fact, I have to say, some of my sparring partners have become good friends! Amazing, isn't it? I can say, without hesitation, I have learned so much from the good folks that frequent WB. But you are correct, Avodah, sometimes I can be as subtle as a heart attack, so I apologize if I offended any readers. But you are also incorrect. You wrote your post with great eloquence. The Lord bless you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

...yes it is good to question and debate but it is the attitude and the motive that makes the difference.

I wholeheartedly agree!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1966

I have to say you are "Right On" with what you said. I often wonder if someone coming in here seeking Christ will see him in these threads. We as humans can be such a stumbling block at times with our all too humaness. We should all be in prayer for one another and asking ourselves when we post anything if we are showing Christ's Love in our words to eachother.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Jesus summed it all up as recorded in the book of John chapter 13, verse 35 -

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

I thank God for each of you. We each have a purpose and place in the Body of Christ.

I. Corinthians 12

"4": Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

"5": And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

"6": And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

"7": But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

"8": For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

"9": To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

"10": To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

"11": But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

"12": For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

"13": For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

"14": For the body is not one member, but many.

"15": If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

"16": And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

"17": If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

"18": But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

"19": And if they were all one member, where were the body?

"20": But now are they many members, yet but one body.

"21": And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

"22": Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

"23": And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

"24": For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

"25": That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

"26": And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

"27": Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Peace unto you all.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I personally get tired of people saying "You can't eat that, you can't say that, you can't do that cuz it's not in the Bible." Or another one " You can't be a Christian and be in the Military. " You get the idea. I am blessed to have a place that I can go to to seek answers and to learn and to just chat and enjoy myself. So many great people of all sorts on here, I love it!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I'm tired of the bashing, and the people who don't have a positive word to say about anything. A typical response to "What a beautiful day it is" would be, "is that in the bible, is it appropriate to say, that sounds demonic, it's the presidents fault you know."

I am here to uplift and to be uplifted, also to learn truths; the attitude of many on this board is "I'm right and you must not be a REAL christian if you disagree with me" I have seen threads that are so positive turn into, I'm right and your wrong. There are people who couldn't say a positive thing if their life depended on it because they have a root of bitterness that shows up in every post they make. There are posters who post just to fight and cause dissention, if you give an opinion or response that is contrary to what a particular person might think you are attacked and I have enough of that outside these boards.

I'm sure there will be some that say "oh, so...we are not to question these things", yes it is good to question and debate but it is the attitude and the motive that makes the difference.

Col 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

As christians we are called to love one another, that doesn't mean overlook the sin and pretend all is well, but it does mean to pray for them and to ask the Holy Spirt to send a spirit of truth into their lives to reaveal to them their sin. It is not up to us to reveal someone's sin to them, it is up to the Holy Spirit. We are to love them and show them the graciousness of God. We are to guide them to the truth not bash them over the head with it.

Phl 2:3 [Let] nothing [be done] through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

We are called to be servants, it is by serving that others are won. We are to put others desires ahead of our own. What I see is selfishness and the need to be heard rather then self constraint and doing what is right.

I love this board and I love the people on it, but my heart hurts when I read some of the things that have been posted. Don't tell me to get a thicker skin either (I have read that in a post), that is not what is needed. A thicker skin causes you to be unsensetive to the hurts of others and causes walls to come up. I want to be sensetive to the needs and hurts of others, I want to be available for the Lord to use me as His loving touch to someone who is hurting.

I am not eloquent with words I know, but I hope this is received in the true attitude it was spoken.

You are right. A few days ago I was rebuked in a kind way for gosipping about a celebrity. I meant no harm but I have a burden in my heart for people who claim to be " Christian " but they are not Born of the Spirit or Born Again.( John 3:3 ). I just don't want people to be deceived and wind up in hell thinking that they are something that they are not. The other person wrote me a nasty note. Saying that their salvation is none of my business. I have loved ones that claim to be Christian but I see no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives. I wish that all who claim to be Christians are going to heaven. I just want people to know the TRUTH. I believe that it would be wrong to let someone go through life believing a lie just to keep them happy. Would that be loving? Especially if that lie caused them to go to hell. We are not to judge but we are called to test the spirits. ( 1 John4)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Avodah:

what a wonderful, wonderful post you made! :emot-heartbeat: It is my hope and prayer that many will see the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT through what you've written here and follow his calling in all we/they post.

"Love is PATIENT and KIND. Love IS NOT jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love DOES NOT DEMAND its own way. Love IS NOT irritable, and it KEEPS NO RECORD of when it has been wronged. It is NEVER glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the TRUTH wins out. Love NEVER gives up, NEVER loses FAITH, is ALWAYS hopeful and endures through EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE."

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Edited by WISDOM

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Beautiful post, Avodah!

I recently stopped posting nearly as much as I used to. I'm tired of getting "bashed". The atheists I've debated with have treated me with more respect and kindness than some of the Christians here.

One Christian lady even told me that she does not consider me a "sister" because I am a Catholic---even though I clearly profess my belief in Jesus as Lord, God and Savior.

This is not to say that I myself am completely innocent. I can lose my cool at times. And for that I humbly apologize.

Thanks for the post. It was very well said. :emot-heartbeat:

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I too like a good spirited debate and have from time to time gone after someone who has rocked my boat so to speak, but never get vicious about it. The one thing that will make me come out swinging is someone running down this country, our president or out troops. Otherwise I'm pretty laid back about most things. But your right , we don't need the negative comments and all the bashing all the time. We are here to uplift, teach and show Christ. Good post.