jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

...tell someone to do something that does not line up with His Word?

I think not!

This morning I was listening to a t.v. station,TCT, that the founder made the comment, "The Lord told him to start a panel of pastors of all denominations so people could hear the different doctrine and decide for themselves which one was right. The panel is to answer the questions of people who call in.

O.K...I can understand a panel of pastors answering the questions of a public that needs to know the Bible and what the Lord says. That part is good. However, the next thing that was said blew me away.

"Some of them believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and some of them don't."

NOOOOOOway does the Lord want to boggle peoples minds with putting confidence in a panel of pastors that do not all believe in His Holy Spirit!

Does this sound like. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears, and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables."

2John 10 says, "If there come any to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: for he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

Will the disclaimer...This station is not responsible for the opinions and teachings of everyone that is aired on this station...hold water? I don't think so.

Lord, help this Christian station examine it's content under the leading of the Holy Ghost and by the light of Your Word and weed out those things that are not right before You. Help them to realize that not only are they possibly causing those weak in the faith to stumble, but that the sinner in need of a Saviour needs sound doctrine to become a disciple of the Word to obey the command to Go and teach and witness as the Holy Spirit gives the power to do so. In Jesus name Lord, amen.

Guest br.biff

This is not the only "religious" station to be so relaxed in thier views. You would think that people that start these stations would have a handle on thier faith and be sound in thier doctrine. They should not allow equal air time to the lies of false teaching.However air time is not cheap and someones got to pay the bills. I would rather shut down than bow down to the devil and take his money. I can't hardly stand to watch my local channel because of all the ridculous claims of some of the "prophets" they parade. They have big telethons and ask for donations and they have many speakers with extremely opposing oppinions all to get somethig from everyone. If you don't like my doctrine just wait five minutes and hear this other guy and give . The Truth is all we need. There is only One. People need to hear consistant sound biblical doctrine not drivel to itching ears.

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thess. 2:11,12

Not everyone who says to Me "Lord, Lord" shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Matt. 7:21

Vengeance is Mine, and recompense, their foot shall slip in due time, for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things to come hasten upon them. Deut. 32:35

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

jesussaves,

the moment that an announcer starts his programme with "the Lord told me this" I say to myself "oh yeah" and I agree with the others. be wary.

eric.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Some of them believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and some of them don't."

NOOOOOOway does the Lord want to boggle peoples minds with putting confidence in a panel of pastors that do not all believe in His Holy Spirit!

Wait - is the question the Holy Spirit or the "baptism of the Holy Spirit"?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Wait - is the question the Holy Spirit or the "baptism of the Holy Spirit"?

That's my question, too. It's a totally different thing.

My assumption by what you have stated is that some of the Pastors believe that Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes after salvation as a seperate thing. The rest of them believe the Holy Spirit comes upon you at salvation, believing that it is not seperate and you got all of the Holy Spirit you are going to get at conversion.

I'm with the second camp but I'm sure there are many threads on that here.

Rania

Edited by Rania