IGNORED

Banning smoking in the car...

Marnie

Guest arkieangel

I don't smoke and my husband doesn't smoke. I'm allergic to the smoke. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they ban cigarette smokeing all together, but I know that will never happen, although there are some restaurants that have banned smoking! Praise the Lord!

Christopher Reeves wife was diagnosed with lung cancer and she didn't smoke. She got it from second hand smoke. That is sad.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I don't smoke and my husband doesn't smoke. I'm allergic to the smoke. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they ban cigarette smokeing all together, but I know that will never happen, although there are some restaurants that have banned smoking! Praise the Lord!

Christopher Reeves wife was diagnosed with lung cancer and she didn't smoke. She got it from second hand smoke. That is sad.

This thread isn't about "smoking" is about the government taking away peoples rights. Eventually if things keep going this way, they will finally HIT on something that does bother you, but, by then it will be to late. We will have lost the right to do anything except what Big Brother allows us, that includes having a Bible, attending Church, speaking up and spreading the word..............................

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

How do you know for a fact that Chris Reeves wife got lung cancer from second hand smoke?

Smoking and secondhand smoke

Asbestos exposure

Use of beta carotene

Exposure to radon

Marijuana: Marijuana contains far more tar than normal cigarettes and because it is inhaled so deeply in the lungs, it is a risk factor for lung cancer. Statistics are hard to come by because of its illegal status.

Radon Exposure: Radon is the result of broken down uranium. It is a gas that cannot be seen, felt or smelled. When radon is indoors, there is a risk for lung cancer. There is a great concern over house built on uranium deposits found in the soil.

Lung Cancer

"Cancer Proof" your body with safe products that effectively fight it.

http://www.cancer-prevention.net

The Amas

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Catsmeow and Silentprayer are right here. This is more than just about smoking. It's about legislative persecution. They're legislated against smoking in just about every area accept for our homes. Well, it won't be long now before it will be illegal for persons with non-smokers living in the same residence to smoke too. And if children are present? Can you not imagine that someday Child Services might come and take your kids away because you're smoking in the house?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I say just make it illegal already...:-P

Guest Mommy4Jesus

I have to say that smoking in general is a nasty habit and I am not a smoker now but went through a rebellion stage some time ago and did have a half a cigarette each time I smoked (due to the head rush thing you experience...) and then when my hubby and I began dating he told me it was either I quit playing around with it or else we wouldn't be seeing each other anymore. I knew I didn't want to lose him so I quit and haven't had the desire for it since. I'm now against it 100% and think that it should be banned when non-smokers are around. I personally hate to walk up to a store here where we live and inhale a billow of smoke from someone who is smoking outside of the doors because they can't smoke in the store. I am glad that people can't smoke in public places but it seems sort of silly to ban smokers from being in the store if you encounter it right outside! I also hate to see parents puffing away in their cars with babies or little children inside! It is insane actually. I guess I can't understand why parents subject their kids to this when second hand smoke is more dangerous than what is inhaled by the smoker themselves. I guess some parents don't have any common sense in this area though and just do whatever they want without taking into consideration the damage that they are doing. If you want to smoke then so be it (even though I don't approve of it) but at least have the decency to take it outside when your kids are around! It's not that much to ask, and it will keep them from having problems with their lungs in the future.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

I have to say that smoking in general is a nasty habit and I am not a smoker now but went through a rebellion stage some time ago and did have a half a cigarette each time I smoked (due to the head rush thing you experience...) and then when my hubby and I began dating he told me it was either I quit playing around with it or else we wouldn't be seeing each other anymore. I knew I didn't want to lose him so I quit and haven't had the desire for it since. I'm now against it 100% and think that it should be banned when non-smokers are around. I personally hate to walk up to a store here where we live and inhale a billow of smoke from someone who is smoking outside of the doors because they can't smoke in the store. I am glad that people can't smoke in public places but it seems sort of silly to ban smokers from being in the store if you encounter it right outside! I also hate to see parents puffing away in their cars with babies or little children inside! It is insane actually. I guess I can't understand why parents subject their kids to this when second hand smoke is more dangerous than what is inhaled by the smoker themselves. I guess some parents don't have any common sense in this area though and just do whatever they want without taking into consideration the damage that they are doing. If you want to smoke then so be it (even though I don't approve of it) but at least have the decency to take it outside when your kids are around! It's not that much to ask, and it will keep them from having problems with their lungs in the future.

Good ole common sense......and straight from the heart of a mom.

Three cheers for Mommy4Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::17::20::emot-cheering::wub:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Let's not forget to avoid city smog, asbestos insulation, sunshine and certain medications.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

Smokeing and drinking both to me are bad habits. Peronally I do not see the draw to either. If it were up to me, I would make it so either of them never existed. Alchohal only makes people act like idiots and sometimes get themselves in trouble. Smoking isn't good for you and not to mention since it's addictive you pay TONS of money to keep it up

not worth it in my eyes.