• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

If you are not a person who believes dreams can mean something, you don't need to respond, because I'm really just looking to see what possible meanings these dreams may have.

In my first dream, we are in our house and it looks like a Tsunami is headed for us, and our son is outside on the front steps. I call to him to come inside, but he chose to leave. I could see the Tsunami headed for our house, but then something stopped it and the only damage we suffered was our washer pulled out from the wall and got water on the floor. I don't know where my son went, but he was gone.

In the dream I had last night, I don't really remember much of it, because it was in the middle of the night, but I do remember that there was some kind of smoke or something that I was breathing and it was causing me to choke and I woke up coughing (I do have a bad cold) and choking on mucus. I got a drink of water and went back to sleep and I was ok. The part about my son had to do with sending him letters, only the letters were liquid and someone was trying to take them from me or something like that. I've never dreamt about "liquid letters" before, so I was just wondering if someone might have a thought on what that could mean.

Ok, then his wife had two dreams, actually hers were first. In her first dream, Steven came home only to turn right around and leave again to go some place else, so she did not really get to have him home. (Actually he just told me that he may come home for a month or two and then he may get sent to another country where she can not go, and I don't know if he has told her that or not.)

In her second dream, Steven came home, got off the helicopter and she was about to reach out and hug him when he turned into a melon. She hugged the melon and it rotted in her hands.

Now, other than the fact that my d-i-l share a tendency toward strange dreams, we are both dreaming about my son because he is in Iraq and is supposed to come home in April and things are not looking too great in Iraq right now, does anyone have any thoughts on the images of "liquid letters," "melon," "rotted melon," or any of the other things I mentioned, I would be curious to hear your thoughts. I'm not going to take what you say as "oh, this is it," or anything like that, I'm just mainly curious.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I am no prophet nor the son of a prophet; but we will surely keep your son in our prayers daily for the next few weeks. We always pray for all our troops, but we'll especially remember "CFS's son."

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I am no prophet nor the son of a prophet; but we will surely keep your son in our prayers daily for the next few weeks. We always pray for all our troops, but we'll especially remember "CFS's son."

Thank you, Leonard. I am not looking for prophecy here. I am just probing into our minds, wondering what our dreams could mean, because Krystal and I share the same thing in common - she has a husband and I have a son (same person) who is a soldier in Iraq at a critical time in our history, and our dreams seem to indicate he is either not coming back, or he'll get back and leave again and he'll die, or something to that effect. I don't know if the dreams are prophetic or if they are just a mother's and a wife's worst fears coming alive in our dreams, or a little of both. Perhaps it is a call to the body of Christ to pray. I do appreciate your prayers. Also pray he will surrender his life to Jesus. Thank you!!

Guest IchoozJC

Thank you, Leonard. I am not looking for prophecy here. I am just probing into our minds, wondering what our dreams could mean, because Krystal and I share the same thing in common - she has a husband and I have a son (same person) who is a soldier in Iraq at a critical time in our history, and our dreams seem to indicate he is either not coming back, or he'll get back and leave again and he'll die, or something to that effect. I don't know if the dreams are prophetic or if they are just a mother's and a wife's worst fears coming alive in our dreams, or a little of both. Perhaps it is a call to the body of Christ to pray. I do appreciate your prayers. Also pray he will surrender his life to Jesus. Thank you!!

I'm really interested in understanding why we dream, too. I try not to probe to deep when I have a dream, just look it over and compare it to what I currently know or what's going on in my life, and see if there is any connection. My fiance also has a lot of deep dreams, and we often talk about them. I thought about her when I read your first dream detail. She has also dreamed of tsunamis. Water is a frequent element in her dreams. One time she had a dream about her house being filled with water and threatening to drown her and her mother. Shortly after she learned that her house was being filled with carbon monoxide due to a faulty vent on her furnace or something. Connected to her dream? I don't know but it's odd.

For a christian, I don't think it's too safe putting too much trust in any and every dream we have. But I also believe that God can still use dreams to reveal things to us that we may be overlooking while conscience. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I look at it is if the dream leads us closer to Him, or convinces us we need to pray about a certain situation, then what harm could there be in believing it's from God. But be carefull never to exalt dreams and their interpretation higher than we esteem His word. His word should always come first in leading us onwards in our sanctification.

Anyways, my fiance recently had a dream about an ocean. I forget all the details, but it was like everyone was being drawn towards and swept away in the waves. She got close, but felt threatened by the waves and backed off. One interpretation could be that the ocean, or large bodies of water could be the world and it's system. In revelation there is references to the people of the world as an ocean or sea of people. Maybe the tsunami is a large surge of the worldly system looking to destroy everything in it's path? Please don't quote me on any of this. Like I said I find it interesting, but would never want to encourage anyone to interpret every dream as being from God. In fact, I think the person most often influencing our dreams is Satan himself. I've had plenty of dreams that I have no doubt were influenced by him. His favorite toy is an idle mind, and when is a mind more idle than when sleeping?

Hoping that all goes well for your son, and that your soon reunited. :24: Blessings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hello,

If you are fearful that your dream is possibly foretelling something happening to your son then I would begin immediately searching the scripture for the promises concerning protection from the evil one. Jesus taught us to pray that we be delivered from evil. No dream HAS to come true. It could be a warning so that the praying needed could be eagerly entered into. I would just thank the Lord for spurring you into more agressive pressing prayer. The PROMISES of God stand stong even in the face of fear and tribulation. Indeed the Lord tells us in Isaiah 43.. Fear not, for I have redeemed you;......When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

Perhaps it would be good for you and your daughter - in-law to come into agreement concerning the keeping power of God for your son. Instead of agreeing in the fear, come together in prayer, in the reality of his presence, believing him for safe keeping.

God bless you during this trying time.......

Edited by shepherdsgrace

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

Hello,

If you are fearful that your dream is possibly foretelling something happening to your son then I would begin immediately searching the scripture for the promises concerning protection from the evil one. Jesus taught us to pray that we be delivered from evil. No dream HAS to come true. It could be a warning so that the praying needed could be eagerly entered into. I would just thank the Lord for spurring you into more agressive pressing prayer. The PROMISES of God stand stong even in the face of fear and tribulation. Indeed the Lord tells us in Isaiah 43.. Fear not, for I have redeemed you;......When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

Perhaps it would be good for you and your daughter - in-law to come into agreement concerning the keeping power of God for your son. Instead of agreeing in the fear, come together in prayer, in the reality of his presence, believing him for safe keeping.

God bless you during this trying time.......

I Agree!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I had a dream last night where my dead grandfather sat up from his death bed, gave me a hug and my sister took a picture of us.

What does that mean?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

I think your dream is a call to pray for your son and for others in Iraq and that perhaps someone is worried that he won't come home or that the experience from the war will cause him to have psychological issues. (Post Traumatic Stress)

The dream could also imply a fear of him coming back a changed man.

If these dreams have caused fear or distress in you in any way then they have been used by the enemy to cause you to to have fear.

Please surround yourself with other Believers and ask for extra prayers from others during this time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

interesting

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No dream HAS to come true. It could be a warning so that the praying needed could be eagerly entered into.

That's kind-of what I would lean towards. I'm not good with prophetic dreams, but sometimes dreams are warnings rather than guarenteed forthcomings.

Since these dreams seem to indicate harm coming to your son, pray hard for his safety and for his life. And pray he not get captured . . . ew, definantly pray he not got captured!

Pray Psalms 91 and 121 and 18 over him.

Yes, Lord, I speak those Psalms over CFS's son, in Jesus' name!