IGNORED

PA TV Star: Mother Upset Her Daughter Failed as Suicide Bomber

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

PA TV Star: Mother Upset Her Daughter Failed as Suicide Bomber

By Ezra HaLevi

Palestinian Authority (PA) controlled television is still broadcasting human interest pieces highlighting parents' support for their children's decisions to become suicide bombers.

In spite of PA pledges not to incite, an interview broadcast last week featured the mother of Wafa Al-Bas, the 21-year-old Arab woman from Gaza (pictured above) who was arrested at the Erez Crossing in June 2005 wearing a 20-pound (9 kg) bomb under her clothes.

The PA TV interview with Al-Bas' parents, which aired on February 20th, features her mother saying the event was hard for her - not because her daughter was on a suicide mission, but because she was arrested on her way to carry it out.

Al-Bas intended to bomb Be'er Sheva's Soroka Hospital outpatient clinic, where she had been receiving regular treatments for serious burns on 45 percent of her body resulting from a gas stove explosion in her home.

The failed bomber later told Israeli television that her greatest wish was to kill 30 to 50 Israelis, including children. The hospital attack would likely have killed or maimed the very Israeli doctor who had saved her life.

Al-Bas' mother said in the PA TV interview that she knew that her daughter had wanted to be a martyr since she was a little girl, but had not encouraged her - not because she opposed the idea of suicide bombing, but because Wafa was female. "If it was a boy, I would have supported, but since she is a girl I discouraged," she said.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

This is just sickening....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

But this is the kind of people we are "supposed" to sit down and try to "talk" to. Ahhh yeah, right.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

As long as Palestinians get paid to do this then they will continue to do this. We also have to understand that the mother of this failed suicide bomber was probably counting on that money.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I have never been in dire poverty, but I raised 3 children by myself pretty much pay check to pay check and PLEASE don't let anything go wrong. So I don't understand the poverty that this woman probably lives in, but I have lost a child..........there is absolutely NO amount of money that would make the loss of my child any better.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

This person has suffered burns over 45% of her body. Her life was saved by an Israeli doctor and her outlook for life is very poor since her options for a good marraige are very limited. (Think about the culture where she comes from, women are property)

Also it is very disturbing that this girl has wanted to die ever since she was LITTLE!

This girl is suffering and very much in need of our prayers.