• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Unfortunately it is true. I watched Hagee preach this very same message on TBN one night. He has held this position for some time. Like a decade at least. The frightening thing is that now Bauer and Fallwell hold it. ;)

Then again, we knew these days were coming. ;) We have Clergy running around signing onto the fact that the Bible is not neccesarily True when it speaks about the Flood or Creation. Now we have big name Christians signing on to Global warming and all necessary junk science it takes to believe it. :o

I just wonder where the Word of God is in all of this? :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Edited by Matthitjah

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

An evangelical pastor and an Orthodox rabbi, both from Texas, have apparently persuaded leading Baptist preacher Jerry Falwell that Jews can get to heaven without being converted to Christianity.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/jpost-com-s...rticle-Printer/

Wow!

I see after reading the link, that the interpretation is that Falwell is joining in with that heretical view...but I see there is a fine line here, and that it may be that he is simply joining his voice with those who want to simply support Israel. Is that not possible here? I do believe we need to be clear in our alliances, however, and being yoked in this sense with people who believe in a "dual covenant" is something that I find to be very unwise.

This is a scary time we live in! I do also believe that we are seeing the fear of man here, also. I am reminded of the scripture: "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with a yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1 Paul warns the Jewish Christians about their falling back into their former practices of Judaism! He calls them out of that to follow Jesus Christ wholly! Jesus is their Messiah as well as mine!

To continue the reason behind this absurdity, That some how the Jews can be saved aside from Christ by observance of the Law.

Actually they could....but only one of them has ever done it.

:thumbsup:

I'll put my faith in Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

BUMP! CORRECTION!

I for one publically apologize to Jimmy Falwell for mistaking his position. :wub: Lord Jesus forgive me. :emot-drums:

Quote Jimmy Falwell Ministries at Falwell.com;

A GRACIOUS CORRECTION OF THE JERUSALEM POST

By Jerry Falwell

March 1, 2006

Earlier today, reports began circulating across the globe that I have recently stated that Jews can go to heaven without being converted to Jesus Christ. This is categorically untrue.

These false reports originated from a March 1 Jerusalem Post front page column which said:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand; All other rocks are shamrocks! It's probably quite hard for our "dual covenant" friends to type and drink Kool Aid at the same time. As Wonderland's Alice might have put it: "curiouser and curiouser." This entire proposition is surely based on the evangelical Christian community's inability to witness or lack of overriding concern re Jewish conversion. "To the Jew first" has never been abrogated by the Messiah-Savior! It's always vital to stay biblically alert re certain parts of pro-Pentecostal tenets. I note Benjamin Hinn's name among them. They add to a thin read.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest br.biff

So called "leaders" of the faith (though I won't name them here), are going to receive the greater damnation for leading so many into false doctrine. My pastor often says and I agree that we as individuals are responsible to know the word. If what you hear does't line up with the Word of God then what you are hearing is WRONG!! The Word is the final authority. This dual covenant theology is not grounded in scriptue. Christ came to the jews ,if they could get to heaven without Him He would not have come."if righteousness come by the law the Christ is dead in vain" Gal 2:21

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

This Duel Covenant theology is the most perverse form of antisemitism in the body of Christ. I can think of no greater evil than to prevent the Jews from heaing about the only name given underheaven by which men might be saved. Hagee is a heretic if this is what he truly believes and so are all who share this view. Jesus said, "Iam the way the truth and the life NO ONE comes unto the Father accept by me!!! " Falwell has fallen well if he has been sucked into this deception. It may well come down to a cowardly fear of rejection from the Jewish community for bearing the reproach of Christ! The same evil that prevents true christians every where from sharing their faith and preaching the gospel to all men. Yes It could just be the fear of man! The scripture says that the fear of man leads astray! John and Jerry should take this to heart!

I missed something reading behind you guys. What is the connection between Falwell anf Haggee, other than being round preachers on TV?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I for one am glad that got sorted. Thanks, Dave for bringing that report from the Jimmy Falwell ministries. I was stunned when I read the first accusation.

eric.