IGNORED

Your Most Embarassing Moment At Church...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

My husband fell asleep during the sermon.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

My church choir has this really silly thing with one of the seats.. whoever is sitting in it, when they stand up for choir, it makes a sound like when someone is letting the air out of a balloon while stretching the opening... it squeals for a bit.. the whole congregation can hear it, the person with that seat blushes, and then we try to sing with our hearts to the Lord!

Every time someone gets baptised, that chair is put back in the choir loft :b:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

kittylover0991 so your church has an official whopee cushin...lol.

wow! :b:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I was best man at my best friends wedding. They wanted the best lady & the best man, to read some scripture. I was nervous about this because I am not one to stand up in front of a crowd and speak. The night before the wedding, there was a rehersal. At this rehersal was the first time I was ever in this church. I noticed there were three steps to get up to the alter/podium. When I saw that I told my friend, there's no way I can do that without tripping or falling. I was told to rest assured, it will go smoothly.

Well, comes the next day and the wedding. I did fine with getting to the podium and reading the scripture they asked me to read. However, on my way back down, I slipped, I grabbed onto the Pastor to help with my balance and nearly pushed him in to the bride and groom who were standing in front of the Pastor.

After all was said and done. My friends told me they hoped the videographer caught it on tape because they were going to send it to America's Funniest Video. I told them if they did that I would never speak to them again. Well, turns out the guy filming the ceremony didn't see me do this so he missed it. I was very thankful. I was also very embarrassed for doing this. But I just knew I'd be too nervous for stairs.

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

Pastors are always good for support. I can imagine how embarrassed you'd be if they had caught that on tape and it had gotten aired. I'd have been mortified.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

lol.. I just pulled another one today in the choir loft.. I reached down to get my book for choir(during a hymn) and hit my head that divides the place where the pastor preaches and the choir left... that was wood and it hurt.. I know I could feel my youth pastor's stare... :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I already responded with one embarassing moment but reading behind you guys reminded me of another incident. I don't get a lot of invitations to speak outside of my home church but a few. And most of the time the churches are simple and homey, but this one time I was invited to one very elaborate downtown church in my parent's hometown. I was excited about the opportunity and put tremendous time into my preparation. I picked out my best suit and put it in the car and traveled to my parent's house 120 miles away from where I live. Got up that Sunday morning and dressed. My shoes are one of the last things I put on. I had forgot to pack my dress shoes. The only shoes I had was an extremely comfortable but very worn pair of scuffed up tennis shoes. I had 45 minutes to get ready and no one including neighbors wore a 13W shoe. No one in the neighborhod. So I went to the First Baptist Church in a sharp suit in my bang around shoes. I have never seen such a raised pulpit six steps up to the patform. Have you ever noticed how people shake your hand and look down to your shoes. My dad said don't worry nobody will notice. Dad you have been right about a lot of things but you were wrong on that day. But the kids on the back row thought I was a pretty cool preacher.

Edited by David from New Bern

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1966

I just remembered another one too. I was doing a "Drama" in which I was playing someone not so nice. I went to turn to go off the stage, but in my acting zest I flung my arms wide and crashed into a candle that had glass over it. The glass shattered and made a terrible loud crash, which scared the kids that where on stage badly. Not to mention the rest of the congregation. Needless to say my pastor has never let me live that one down. He thinks it is just hilarious for some reason, and has mentioned the incident in a sermon many months later to describe something he was preaching on. You think my pastor may have a warped sence of humor? :thumbsup: