• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Peace can only come through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace.

This administration has been falling into the traps created by the anti-Christ.

I believe God is going to humble us, real soon.

Yes, your number one statement (quoted above) is absolutely true, your second statement is certainly a strong possibility and your third statement is a given, it is just a matter of how soon. Personally, I believe time is really short.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Well, consider how many sell-professed Christians, supported Bush's war in Iraq.

Well, I'm one, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Did you folks really believe that peace can be achieved through needless wars?

No, not at all.

Needless wars never bring peace, only fear or submission.

Peace can only come through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace.

Ultimately, yes.

Amen, Brother.

This administration has been falling into the traps created by the anti-Christ.

Yes, along with every other administration of men. In fact, I'm hard pressed to find many that were not, to include David's, Solomon's, and almost evey other one in recorded history.

How is what Bush has done compared to Alexander the Great's conquests? How about Hitler, or Stalin? Bush's failures are many, as with most men, but they are in no way unique in world history. Actually, he's pretty tame compared to many throughout history.

Bush has done nothing compared to these people, and what he has done was done to stomp the rise of Muslim terrorists as an effective force against what their plans really are.

Can you read the words of the leaders of Iran, Hamas, or the prior Iraqi regime and tell me that they don't, or didn't, have an agenda against the west and Israel?

So now, we are supposed to be afraid because Al-Qaeda has decided to threaten us.

Wow. There's some news, huh? I didn't realize that Al-Qaeda want's to hurt us. Who would have thought such a thing? :wub:

Which brings me to my next question: Sit and wait or try to stop it?

Take your pick.

I saw an interesting piece in US News & World Report a while back dealing with how various Presidents have dealt with war. Pretty enlightening. If I see it again, I'll try to catch the issue # and post it.

Basically, we're not going through something new, and people have cried about us being in the end times many times over throughout history.

Me? I think we have to deal with the Muslim threat, simple as that.

And through it all, pray.

I make no claims to knowing whether or not we are near the end or not, I just simply see this as a war against muslim terrorism.

The war against sin in our own land may well indeed require the justice of God, sure enough, and we have to ensure that we are following where God needs us to be, both in our own lives, and in others'. We must press forward the Gospel when we can.

The war on terror will not accomplish this, but it may just give us a chance to fend off getting blown up by some muslim idiots that want to kill us simply because we were born in America.

The war is not about forcing Jesus down the arab's throat at gun point, it's about recognizing a very real threat and dealing with it before it reaches a point where we can no longer stop it.

If your plan is prayer alone, then by all means, pray for us. God surely places us where He needs us the most.

Others feel like we should be out there trying to stop the threat, as well as being in prayer, and I thank God for the chance to be physically able to do my part.

Soon enough, I will not be able to keep up, physically, and then I will be ready to pray for those that are.

I believe God is going to humble us, real soon.

I believe He already has.

Enough, anyway, for me to wake up and accept Jesus.

Peace,

t.

I'm not an expert by any means on world affairs, but I read the news and I try my best to analyze what I read, and what I see is that Iran, Syria, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, N Korea, etc all hate us and they hate Israel and all those USA haters and Israel haters seem to be joining forces together, so the damage they do could be a whole lot bigger than anything we have experienced before in the USA, and if they manage to take out our governmental structure or our financial centers, we could be fairly crippled in being able to respond, especially if we know they have a bunch of countries all working together. I think sometimes in America we are too arrogant and we think we can't be taken out. The Bible says that if a man thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. I think America is in for a big fall!

I'm not an expert by any means on world affairs, but I read the news and I try my best to analyze what I read, and what I see is that Iran, Syria, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, N Korea, etc all hate us and they hate Israel and all those USA haters and Israel haters seem to be joining forces together, so the damage they do could be a whole lot bigger than anything we have experienced before in the USA, and if they manage to take out our governmental structure or our financial centers, we could be fairly crippled in being able to respond, especially if we know they have a bunch of countries all working together. I think sometimes in America we are too arrogant and we think we can't be taken out. The Bible says that if a man thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. I think America is in for a big fall!

That's a good word, both of ya.

Take away our energy (oil, electricity, gas) and we are real soft because we depend a lot on technology. As long as its working, we'll be OK.

An EMP could change that in a minute and they would never have to invade. We'd kill ourselves fighting over water.

Everyone knows this after katrina.

So...oK....we surrender...and we'll throw in Vermont. (we should save New Hampshire & Wisconsin to pay them next year)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Couldn't we just make a deal with them, something like....don't blow us up, and we'll sacrifice the Democratic leaders!! (Kerry, Edwards, Dean, Boxer...) Heck, we'll throw in the media/university elites too!!

:thumbsup:

Now there's one idea that could make me re-think my stance on negotiations with terrorists!

I'm not an expert by any means on world affairs, but I read the news and I try my best to analyze what I read, and what I see is that Iran, Syria, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, N Korea, etc all hate us and they hate Israel and all those USA haters and Israel haters seem to be joining forces together, so the damage they do could be a whole lot bigger than anything we have experienced before in the USA, and if they manage to take out our governmental structure or our financial centers, we could be fairly crippled in being able to respond, especially if we know they have a bunch of countries all working together.

Great points, Sue.

I think that it's the core of their plans- to cripple us so that we are no longer able to respond. They hope to do it by fear. Fear that we could be attacked.

This fear has already taken out half of our Congress, most of the media, all of Hollywood, and 25-75% of the general public, depending on which poll you read.

Thank God that there are many who have not fallen to this fear, but continue to face the problem head-on.

We are all scared, but there are enough of us yet that continue to face the fear and overcome it.

They have a plan: To take us out of the way so that they can continue to intall muslim nations, and bring the world to one of total submission to their religion. Simple as that.

We, as the worlds largest free nation, naturally stand in the way of their plan, and that's why we were attacked, and will be again if they have the chance. While it's certainly possible that we are being punished by God for our sins, the reality is that we are seen by the muslim world as being in their way of their plan, and they attacked us for the very reason that Japan did in 1941- they simply knew that they would have to take us out to accomplish their goal. Japan knew that they would have to get us early, while we were not yet in the war, and to get us when we were sleeping. It's the same exact thing that the terrorists know today. If they are to succeed, thay have to take us out because we are their biggest obstacle.

Think about it: If the US is out of their way, who would have the heart to stand in their way afterwards?

That's why we are their main target. All of the religious stuff is an easy excuse for them to seemingly add legitimacy to their cause in the eyes of the world.

Now, why would Germany, France, Russia, and other nations join with them instead of with us? For the very same reasons that other nations allowed Hitler and Japan do do their thing in the 30's: Both fear, and the sense that they could make a buck in the process.

For some reason, the world, for the most part, has decided that the US has been on top for long enough. I would have hoped that France and Russia had learned their lessons from WWII concerning capitulation, but obviously, I was wrong.

I think sometimes in America we are too arrogant and we think we can't be taken out. The Bible says that if a man thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. I think America is in for a big fall!

Another interesting point!

I think we were guilty of this up until 9/11, and now we have had to adjust our arrogance.

In fact, I think it's our new-found realization that we can be taken out that drives this war. It's all the more reason to face the enemy before they have a chance to accomplish their goal.

I think the attacks of 9/11 caused many of us to adjust our arrogance, and made us take a good look at what we take for granted.

Now, we must learn, as a nation, to humble ourselves enough to take the right steps to fight off the invasions, and learn to kneel at God's feet, as well.

t.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now, we must learn, as a nation, to humble ourselves enough to take the right steps to fight off the invasions, and learn to kneel at God's feet, as well.

I just had a flashback to Carrie Underwood's song: Jesus Take the Wheel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The entire premise of Osama Bin Laden's campaign, is that Islam is under attack from the West.

This rhetoric was pretty much ignored in the Middle East, until we invaded Iraq. Now, many are convinced, and under the tenets of Islam, they are mandated to fight against us and stop us.

Then, as the prison abuse scandal's were made public and now that evidence shows that we bombed entire areas and killed hundreds of innocent Iraqi's, in an attempt to get Saddam Hussein, more and more Muslims now believe Bin Laden.

The anger of Muslims towards the United States, goes back before George Bush. It's what we do, not who we are, that leads them to hate us. When Clinton bombed Afghanistan and the Sudan, in an attempt to kill Bin Laden, he only managed to kill innocent people and destroy private property. It's understandable that they would end up hating us as a result of this action.

Much of the Muslim world view's the US as arrogant and immoral and the truth is, we are.

The admitted lack of understanding of the Islamic culture by our administration, has resulted in the foolish decisions and these decisions are going to cost us in lives and money.

If Bush believed that we have a real terrorist threat, would he leave our borders so unprotected?

Would the number of visas given to people from Islamic nations in the Middle East, have increased since 9/11?

Would the president really believe that allowing the UAE to control our ports, not to be a problem?

This adminstration is influenced by evil, which is why it lacks the wisdom to do what is necessary.

Guest arkieangel

An EMP could change that in a minute and they would never have to invade. We'd kill ourselves fighting over water.

I was watching John Hagee the other day, I believe it was a couple of Sundays ago, and he was preaching about Israel. He has sources and this particular source had come to Texas and was in his office and he told Bro. Hagee that Iran has EMP now and could use it any second. When they decide to launch the EMP it won't kill us but it will put us back into the 19th century. All electricity will stop. Your cars won't run, no phone, t.v. no nothing. We will be in a world of hurt when this happens. We Christians need to pray! John Hagee says according to the Bible we are in end times and that we are the terminal generation, which he describes as the generation that will see the second return of Christ. Praise the Lord!

I think sometimes in America we are too arrogant and we think we can't be taken out. The Bible says that if a man thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. I think America is in for a big fall!

Another interesting point!

I think we were guilty of this up until 9/11, and now we have had to adjust our arrogance.

In fact, I think it's our new-found realization that we can be taken out that drives this war. It's all the more reason to face the enemy before they have a chance to accomplish their goal.

I think the attacks of 9/11 caused many of us to adjust our arrogance, and made us take a good look at what we take for granted.

t.

Ted,

Thank you for all of your comments. You also have some very good and valid points. I agree that our arrogance took an adjustment with 9/11, but the people in my world, the ones I see and talk with every day, do not think it could or will happen to us again. I see many people every day who took 9/11 seriously, but once it was past, they went right back to living life as they normally do. Now, I am not advocating living in fear. I am not afraid one bit! I know God is Sovereign and I know this is all in his hands and I know that everything that happens is only with his permission. But, I do believe we often take our future for granted and we take God for granted. That is why I like what you said last about the need to humble ourselves before God or he will humble us before him (I added the second part).

I taught a Bible study this morning from Psalm 32 where it talks about the need for confession and repentance and gives us the confidence of God's forgiveness, but then it goes on and talks about how the godly need to pray while God may be found (NIV), and I wondered what that meant, so my husband read it to me in the NLV and it said the godly should confess their rebellion to God "while there is time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment." Vs 9 cautions us to not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs bit and bridle to keep it under control. God will judge America and he will judge the Church because they have not humbled themselves before God. I read Psalm 33 for my QT this morning:

The LORD foils the plans of the nations;

he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.

11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,

the purposes of his heart through all generations.

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,

the people he chose for his inheritance.

13 From heaven the LORD looks down

and sees all mankind;

14 from his dwelling place he watches

all who live on earth