apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

The reason this is on the forum and not in a PM is so everyone can learn.

You stated that you believe that Islam might be the Whore of Babylon in another thread. If you wouldn't mind, could you expound on that?

This is not for a debate at all, I'm interested in it. I might provide some clashing arguments against it (to see if it witholds some statemets) and ask questions....but it is certainly not an argument. It's me learning your perspective.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Actually what I mentioned was, I believe, that in the Middle East, Mecca has for many centuries been proudly pointed to by it's inhabitants as the great city "built on seven hills." Many people have pointed to Rome as the 'harlot that sits on 7 hills' from the book of Revelation, but it is not the only candidate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I am very interested in things like this. Mecca is a very interesting notion to go on. Do you see Israel as being conquered by Islam. What is the "Time of the Gentiles" and the abomination of desolation, have these things already occured?? I know many people have talked about this, but where does America fit in to revelation?? Does this war on terror have any biblical meanings, or is it just about oil?? My last question is, if America was to turn it's back on Israel, what would the role of Christians be?? Would we be called to help defend the holy land, or just wait... I know of a lot of that has to do with the rapture, but would we be held accountable if we just stayed out of this war completly???

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do you see Israel as being conquered by Islam. What is the "Time of the Gentiles" and the abomination of desolation, have these things already occured??

I'm not saying, "This is it" - but this is something that I have puzzled on.

The Dome of the Rock, which sits on the Temple Mount, proclaims on it's walls: "God has no son," and other writings that are direct attacks against Jesus as the Messiah, Son of God.

What does this tell you?

And who is it that controls the Temple Mount right now - Jews of Muslims? :)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Actually what I mentioned was, I believe, that in the Middle East, Mecca has for many centuries been proudly pointed to by it's inhabitants as the great city "built on seven hills." Many people have pointed to Rome as the 'harlot that sits on 7 hills' from the book of Revelation, but it is not the only candidate.

Well this is your chance to expand on that then. :) I'm interested.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I'm have been thinking about that lately, but the Antichrist can't be a Muslim he has to have Jewish roots otherwise the Jews would not accept him as the Messiah.

But on the other hand the devil might be able to deceive them so they will believe he's the Antichrist.

Rev 13:1-10

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Read about the persecution------------thats all Islam wants to kill the Christians and the Jews and to conquer the world.

The Antichrist will use the SWORD thats the symbol of Islam:

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Also I understands that Muslims are beheading Christians and thats their main way of dealing with infidels?

Look what they did with Jesus ,they lowered Him down to a prophet.

I just wondered if my way of thinking is off the way or could there be truth in it?

Look around who's doing most of the persecuting and killing of Christians?????

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, the only religion I can think of which is literally against ('anti') the coming of the Jewish Hero/Messiah would be Islam........

I don't really have anything to 'expound on' here, as I don't have a dog in this fight! I'm not terribly interested in the 'end times' stuff that goes around in these last 50 years or so, I just like to put in an ocassional alternative viewpoint that at one time or another I've heard.

My own tendency is to believe that most of Matthew 24-25, and Revelation was fulfilled in the destruction of Israel in A.D. 70.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

That is a popular opinion, I heard someone ask the president today if he thought he started armageddon......

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

What was the answer?