IGNORED

My Observations

Serpent seed theology.

So you don't think that a bad seed was planted in the ground and grew into a serpent just because it is completely a made up lie? ;) (not the real serpant seed doctrine, but just as true)

I have been so amazed at the doctrines that can be created when the bible is ignored! I know a guy that thinks that you are supposed to "read between the lines" when reading scripture, and between the lines is only white space, nothing else.

Whatever you do, hold to the scriptures like your life was on the line, because it is. Search the scriptures, don't believe just any old thing, but search daily to see if these things are so.

AMEN to that!! :)

Kat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

I will 2nd. that AMEN.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

I enjoy this site for the discussions that take place here. I do have to keep myself in check because I do get argumentive at times and with my sense of humor, I'm not sure how somebody else who does not know me personally my take a comment. I make every attempt to word responses properly, but in case I slip up and offend someone, please forgive me in advance. And remember, Christ is returning soon.

:sam: :prayer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

"As iron sharpeneth iron..." Personally, I am not the least intimidated by an honest opinion from someone who happens to differ from me in doctrinal views. The Holy Ghost is our Teacher and God protects His own from error. It is impossible for a born again Christian to be deceived. The Bible tells us this... and I believe God's Word. Dialog is vital to communicating the gospel. Any dialog with someone about scripture can lead to a clearer understanding and can be particularly valuable to those who believe their understanding is so advanced that it cannot experience any more growth. This kind of attitude is dangerous to the sincere Christian who looks to God for guidance and trusts His leadership in their life. "Come and let us reason together..." says scripture. This is HOW we learn about the faith given to us by the Lord Jesus. I welcome a challenge...that is presented in an honest and agreeable way. Constructive dialog is how I learn. After more than fifty years and several decades as a Christian, God is still teaching me new things in His Word and He quite often uses suprising tools to achieve His purpose. If someone offends you with their question, or their particular brand of doctrinal error, just send them to me. I have the time to talk with them and to hear them out AND to examine what they say in light of God's Word. THAT is the real standard by which we know the difference between Truth and Error. God bless you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thomas I believe

Hi all, I never new about the discord that occured here at worthy. I joined the middle of September 2004 and I have been blessed with Comfort, Acceptance, Love, Peace, Understanding, Knowledge of God's word. I felt very accepted since my first day here. Even though we always don't see eye to eye on things, I have seen people come to a conclusion of peace in most issues on the boards. I myself ask God everyday to hold me accountable for what I say and do and the conviction that God puts upon me is exactly what i need when I am out of alignment. I would appreciate that all of you hold me accountable too ! If I am out of line, please let me know ! Growth in Our Lord can only come from knowing our mistakes and fixing them ! In being accountable to God we are also accountable to each other ! Worthy is a very special place with a presence of God on the Web that i have never experienced before. " Lord continue to bless this ministry and hold us accountable to You as we grow in you Daily. Amen "

In His Peace, Michael :hug:

Guest All4God
Hi all, I never new about the discord that occured here at worthy. I joined the middle of September 2004 and I have been blessed with  Comfort, Acceptance, Love, Peace, Understanding, Knowledge of God's word. I felt very accepted since my first day here. Even though we always don't see eye to eye on things, I have seen people come to a conclusion of peace in most issues on the boards.  I myself ask God everyday to hold me accountable for  what I say and do and the conviction that God puts upon me is exactly what i need when I am out of alignment. I would appreciate that all of you hold me accountable too ! If I am out of line, please let me know ! Growth in Our Lord can only come from knowing our mistakes and fixing them ! In being accountable to God we are also accountable to each other ! Worthy is a very special place with a presence of God on the Web that i have never experienced before.  " Lord continue to bless this ministry and hold us accountable to You  as we grow in you Daily. Amen "

In His Peace, Michael    :hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ThomasIBelieve,

I know what your talkin about. I didnt know, but I really appreciated George's posts. It at least opened some of our eyes to what exactly was goin on in some of the posts....not all.

I joined in October...well I switched names. But I never really got into the forums until October. Not many people respond to my posts, but that is okay. I try to watch what I say too. I know that I'll be held accountable in Heaven.

As Always,

Telly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Aww..

I'll respond, Telly! :emot-questioned:

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Not many people respond to my posts, but that is okay.

That could be an indication of how well you summed up the point. Sometimes the only thing left to say is amen.

:24:

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

I am rather surprised at how everyone seems to think that what George shared is all the solution we need to avoid further disruptions in the future.

George this is not directed at you personally and I also thank you for making this board available but may I suggest that booting people off the board who come in with false doctrine or otherwise cause division might be more in line with how the Scriptures talk of handling these types of problems than just praying to God, fightting to make sure our words are edifying, and so forth?

I know that this is late in this thread and probably not as applicable as it once was but I am absolutely amazed at the seeming deception among Christians who see booting people who cause problems out of places like forums as being somehow unloving and unChrist-like or something. I honestly don't understand it.

If real churches were allowed to have within their midst what this forum sometimes allows in the form of false doctrines and trouble makers being allowed to say their piece there would be division and misunderstandiing followed by more division and misunderstandings.

What ever happened to the concept of church discipline as laid out in the Scriptures? Oh...I know this forum is not looked on as a Church... yet we also claim that this is a place for Christians to fellowship and strengthen each other in the faith. If that is not a church I don't know what is. If we don't start acting like a church, albeit a church on the Internet, we are doomed to have the kinds of problems this forum has experienced in the past continue to crop up until the cows come home, or more appropriately for us Christians until Christ comes.

Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.

Carlos