• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Da Vinci code

I cannot believe this blasphemous book is a best seller or that anyone naming the Name of Christ would want to ingest their dribble... :emot-questioned:

The news is scary...

I did not know where to post this..sorry..

I am so sick that people are going to read this and have their hearts and minds warped by it..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

It is sad and makes me want to defend the Lord big time. The Lord is so very good.

I also heard something yesterday about some "new" finding about Judas. People really need to know their Bible and the One who inspired it. There is a verse in the word that says (paraphrase) the devil is so cunning that he could fool even the very elect...IF it were possible.

It is a good time to remind Christians to...stay in the word!! Don't compromise God's word or tickle ears. Trust in the inspired word of the Holy Spirit and He will lead us into all truth...no matter what stuff comes down the road.

"That we herefore be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ." Eph. 4:14-15

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

What is so dangerous about this book and movie, is this is what people want to believe. Therefore they have been given permission to believe this and remain inside the graces of popular thought. The so called, Bible historian will ride the wake of this movie with all sorts so called revelations like today's headline. "The Jesus Papers" and the "gospel of Judas" which has Jesus giving permission to Judas as a close persnal friend to go and betray Him to usher in the confrontation with Rome. All this the enemy enjoys because it creates a climate the questions the very truth of Scripture and causes even the very elect to fall away.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

C'mom guys, it's a movie!

First of all tah, you're making the assumption that every Christian who sees the film will have their mind warped and that's just not true. Any Believer firmly founded in the Lord would not have a problem with it.

Secondly jesussaves, the lord is perfectly capable of defending Himself. We are called to be witnesses of what the Lord has done for us not to defend His reputation.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

C'mom guys, it's a movie!

First of all tah, you're making the assumption that every Christian who sees the film will have their mind warped and that's just not true. Any Believer firmly founded in the Lord would not have a problem with it.

Secondly jesussaves, the lord is perfectly capable of defending Himself. We are called to be witnesses of what the Lord has done for us not to defend His reputation.

Then apologetics are a waste of time?

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Our FATHER is just laying out the "playing field". HE's never caught offguard. :emot-questioned: With the big flush of heretical writings and movies, which have been hitting the public strongly over the last 15-20 years, none of this should be a surprise to you.

One thing I will say here....this is a golden opportunity for any Christian, who truly loves CHRIST to stand up in defense of the Gospel. This should challenge us all to get deeper into our FATHER's Word to ensure YOU are steadfast and immovable. Movies such as the Da Vinci Code come and go, but they do leave their mark...dirty as it is. Personally, I look at this as a challenge to have open discussion (face-to-face) with those whose curiosity has been aroused by the movie. It becomes your and my opportunity to share the TRUTH for the sincere inquiring mind.

Remember....we are in a spiritual war. The Enemy fights dirty. He will never unveil the whole truth, because he IS the "father of the Lie". Look for outreach opportunities. Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to open "doors" for you to share with those who have read the book, and/or seen (will see) the movie. I can't wait to try and win souls for CHRIST through it! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

My normal response to stuff like this is to just grieve and cry and ask the Lord to just have mercy ...

But this story made me mad...

When I was a very young Christian I read a story about Jesus and I am not recounting it because I do not want to corrupt someone elses mind...

In the story I read something supposedly happened with Christ that would have made Him not God...

My poor heart struggled with that for many years before my faith was strong enough and I knew Him enough to know that what I had read was sheer blasphamy..

God help the poor young ones who see this and have to struggle with their faith because of it...

I would warn every one I know not to see this peice of blasphamy..

Yes , God is bigger...but He was bigger that the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" but we sure do suffer the consequesces of Adam and Eve eating from it...

I believe we will suffer the consequesces of corruption if we just think "oh heck its just a movie"...

Folks, You are what you eat....that is a fact....

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

When will there be a movie on Mohammad,telling the world how crazy this false prophet was :39:.All this does is add on to the testimony of our LORD and SAVIOR.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Our FATHER is just laying out the "playing field". HE's never caught offguard. :emot-hug: With the big flush of heretical writings and movies, which have been hitting the public strongly over the last 15-20 years, none of this should be a surprise to you.

One thing I will say here....this is a golden opportunity for any Christian, who truly loves CHRIST to stand up in defense of the Gospel. This should challenge us all to get deeper into our FATHER's Word to ensure YOU are steadfast and immovable. Movies such as the Da Vinci Code come and go, but they do leave their mark...dirty as it is. Personally, I look at this as a challenge to have open discussion (face-to-face) with those whose curiosity has been aroused by the movie. It becomes your and my opportunity to share the TRUTH for the sincere inquiring mind.

Remember....we are in a spiritual war. The Enemy fights dirty. He will never unveil the whole truth, because he IS the "father of the Lie". Look for outreach opportunities. Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to open "doors" for you to share with those who have read the book, and/or seen (will see) the movie. I can't wait to try and win souls for CHRIST through it! :noidea:

As our dear friend Shadow2B used to say . . .

"Ah! The wisdom of WISDOM!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I sure miss shadow2b