mrcorey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Suppose your hands are cuffed and behind your back. You are on your knees. Your head is on the butcher block. There's a 250 lb man, all muscle, weilding a sharp double edged sword, standing there ready to behead you. Can you be 100% certain you would take that fate , or do you curse God and live?

Be totally honest. Would you accept your fate, or would you choose life? It may be an easy question now, but the time will come when lots of Christians will loose their heads for obeying & trusting Christ, while a lot will curse God to live.

For myself, my answer is, I hope & pray I would be strong enough and to endure to the bitter end. But I'm not 100% certain I could choose the sword.

I do know for sure, I would be scared and shaking. And I think if I close my eyes I could do it. And it goes without saying that I would probably wet my pants. And it's highly possible that I would faint.

What say you?

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Suppose your hands are cuffed and behind your back. You are on your knees. Your head is on the butcher block. There's a 250 lb man, all muscle, weilding a sharp double edged sword, standing there ready to behead you. Can you be 100% certain you would take that fate , or do you curse God and live?

Be totally honest. Would you accept your fate, or would you choose life? It may be an easy question now, but the time will come when lots of Christians will loose their heads for obeying & trusting Christ, while a lot will curse God to live.

For myself, my answer is, I hope & pray I would be strong enough and to endure to the bitter end. But I'm not 100% certain I could choose the sword.

I do know for sure, I would be scared and shaking. And I think if I close my eyes I could do it. And it goes without saying that I would probably wet my pants. And it's highly possible that I would faint.

What say you?

in Him;

corey

Hi Corey.

That is a brilliant question. I would have to go with, going with the flow on this one.

If god had brought me to a point where he/she was about to remove the nattering one, I would see this as a true blessing.

In no way do I depreciate my head, but if it meant I could go through to the next life by giving it up, then that would be a small price to pay, after all we have to die at least once before we enter the kingdom of heaven, don't we?

Spirited_one

In god

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  2

My husband is already in Heaven, and the LORD Jesus is there, so knowing those things would make it easier for me to choose the sword. A moment's pain and then Home for good.

Still, it's easy to say that now when no one is standing over me with a sword. I pray I would endure to the end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Well, I am a Pretribber but if there is no rapture before the seven years ill be fine with that too, God is just and knows more then me, because my ways aren't his ways.

So if there is no rapture and we stay down here on earth my answer is My answer is yes. I'm not just saying this without thinking about it because i have thought about this many times. I know the truth and the other option is to live for a few Minute or weeks or months then then i die later and go to hell. So, no i would be beheaded and probably sing praises all the way to the guillotine :emot-questioned:

I'm not just saying this without thinking about it because i have many times. My answer is yes, I know the truth and the other option is to live for a few Minute or weeks or months then then i die later and go to hell. So, no i would be beheaded and probably sing praises all the way to the guillotine :emot-questioned:

Dear Trinity;

I love your response. Thank you so much. I believe you when you say you would sing on your way to the guillotine. I believe it was King Henry {not sure which one} had several of his wives beheaded. And that is exactly what one of his wives did, she sang on her way to the gallows.

Do you think you'd be scared? Or do you think you would be at peace? If I started signing, they'd shoot me before they got me to the gallows!!!! ROTFLOL

in Him;

corey

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I have no idea what I would do. But, I pray that God would give me the strength and courage to stand for Him, even unto death.

betty

actually that sounds easy....

a worse scenario would be my wife and kids lined up......

I try not to think about it.

actually that sounds easy....

a worse scenario would be my wife and kids lined up......

I try not to think about it.

Dear Yod;

Ah, yes. I didn't give that any thought either as I don't have a family.

Which leads to another question. All you folks out there married with or without kids, but with a singnificant other in your life. Would that weigh in heavy on your heart? Even if this person you loved said they would do it?

I think being single at my age is a handicap in some of this stuff because I don't have the family to worry about or think about, so that slips my mind. So, I guess I'm a bit lopsided with my thinking.

in Him;

corey :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

If my heart wasn't right and I wasn't a Christian, then I believe my overall reaction would be full of the type of remorse I think JUDAS may have displayed (when hanging himself).

However, personally I really believe that even though my fears and deep pain would surface (especially with my wife and two sons included), GOD would give me the GRACE and Silent Comfort (a serene feeling) just before my head is removed. Like a struck match, there would probably be a "flare-up", and then seconds later like a moth to the flame, I'd be in HIS presence. Just beyond the dark door of death, you and I will be greeted by the SON of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I truly believe that HE will give you and I grace in that "hour of death"......**Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of HIS Saints.** (Psalm 116:15) :thumbsup: