Catsmeow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Um,actually,,,,,this entire "what do you think about Harry Potter" Thread resurrected from 2003 has gotten WAAAAY out of control & I suspect-lol,is getting very very close to getting locked or from some folks getting banned from it,,,,now now,c'mon guys it should be a very simple matter to take a breath(without responding by re-acting) & considering "prayerfully" whether one is simply stating their perrspective,listening to a Brother or Sister with a different perspective & debating why or why not,,,,THE SUBJECT,not the PERSON!                 With love-in Christ ,Kwik

Anyone up for any apologies,I love you's,gee ,arent we silly's,,,,that old FLESH?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On Saturday, October 08, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Annika said:

…I see parallels between the pages of Harry Potter and the pages of the Bible, in a loose and figurative sense.…

…A Bible-based study of Harry Potter, focusing on the parallels, could be a really good way to get kids engaged with the Gospel message too. :)

…I've read and still love Harry Potter and I know that while its face is not really particularly "Christian", its core values absolutely are.…

Hi Annika,

For me personally, I don't really like Harry Potter, but I don't dislike him either. I've seen a couple of the movies, but I haven't read any of the books.

Anyway, I enjoyed every second of reading your "wall of text" and I think you have quite a lot of good points in there too:thumbsup:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

49 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Um,actually,,,,,this entire "what do you think about Harry Potter" Thread resurrected from 2003 has gotten WAAAAY out of control & I suspect-lol,is getting very very close to getting locked or from some folks getting banned from it,,,,now now,c'mon guys it should be a very simple matter to take a breath(without responding by re-acting) & considering "prayerfully" whether one is simply stating their perrspective

I have not paid attention to this thread - but if it is the typical I am right and your are wrong, banter between the opinion that "This is occultic and leads kids astray" and "it is just make believe and I saw sleeping beauty when I was a child and did not become a Devil worshipper" sorts of comments, then I agree, it is probably time to just lock the thread. 

As I see it (how it displays in my browser", there are almost 2 dozen pages here on this topic. I suggest, that unless you have a thought that will help others,which has not already been expressed, then considr moving on and find something more edifying to do.

If it is just going to be combative, making more heat and smoke that actual light, then anyone who thinks it is out of control and unhelpful, should feel free to report it, and we can re-examine whether it makes sense to continue with this thread that has go on for over 13 years already.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Um,actually,,,,,this entire "what do you think about Harry Potter" Thread resurrected from 2003 has gotten WAAAAY out of control & I suspect-lol,is getting very very close to getting locked or from some folks getting banned from it,,,,now now,c'mon guys it should be a very simple matter to take a breath(without responding by re-acting) & considering "prayerfully" whether one is simply stating their perrspective,listening to a Brother or Sister with a different perspective & debating why or why not,,,,THE SUBJECT,not the PERSON!                 With love-in Christ ,Kwik

Anyone up for any apologies,I love you's,gee ,arent we silly's,,,,that old FLESH?

What is it Kwik, that spirit of pride???? 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Are you teasing me Rusty? You know how I really don't like that one!!!!!    Hmmm,he is the one that says"C'mon ,get the last word in!!" & "Hey,are you gong to look stupid,tell him/her how much you know about those demons",,,,,,,meanwhile they are his buddies!!!!!    Yeah,him!!!!!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Might I just say before this thing ends that I don't think Harry Potter will make a witch out of anyone.....   but interest in the subject is just a few mouse clicks away from totally different experiences that can/will put people in danger.....   and that's the only thing I see about Harry that could be harmful.

Witchcraft is not a figment of someone's imagination, neither are the forces they access for they do come from Satan.....   even the so called white witches...

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/14/2001 at 6:46 PM, angels4u said:

What do you think?

angels

Its a sin because it promotes witchcraft.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Christians like to hate on Harry Potter, then go watch Narnia and Lord of the Rings