• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

So, I like this girl who I can only communicate online with at the moment. The thing I don't like is she's hardly ever online. I sent her a plain e-mail a while ago and she hasn't replied and that kind of worries me. Maybe I'm being anxious. Please pray for me for this. But, here's the big problem: I'm not even 100% sure if she's single. I offered to give her free guitar lessons and I'm scared that, by doing this, I'm REALLY gonna start liking her, then discover she has a boyfriend, then be crushed. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologize that I use this site for advice so often. Please pray for me. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

well, her not replying could be an indication of a few things (depending on what u said in the email of course). first, she might not have anything to say back, or that she just sucks at replying emails. my sister is like that....she just doesnt reply emails. no good reason, she just doesnt. just like some people suck at returning phone calls (points to self). or its because she doesnt wanna lead u on by replying ur emails and might actually be trying to avoid you by being online less (that is, if she used to be online a lot before she discovered/sensed that u like her.) and if u are not 100% sure that she is single, why are u even bothering to pursue her?i mean, u are just setting urself up here. if it were me, i wouldnt try to pursue this girl. i might even let the relationship be that of friendship only until it is safe to allow urself to pursue her.

and if u are giving her guitar lessons just so u can be with her, i would recommend that u not. cos most girls can usually tell if a guy like them and that will make the whole thing uncomfortable for her. and u will also be sorta taking advantage of the situation of her wanting to learn, which is sorta unfair. the whole thing will eventually end up being awkward, at the least, if it turns out she doesnt like u the way u like her.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

well, her not replying could be an indication of a few things (depending on what u said in the email of course). first, she might not have anything to say back, or that she just sucks at replying emails. my sister is like that....she just doesnt reply emails. no good reason, she just doesnt. just like some people suck at returning phone calls (points to self). or its because she doesnt wanna lead u on by replying ur emails and might actually be trying to avoid you by being online less (that is, if she used to be online a lot before she discovered/sensed that u like her.) and if u are not 100% sure that she is single, why are u even bothering to pursue her?i mean, u are just setting urself up here. if it were me, i wouldnt try to pursue this girl. i might even let the relationship be that of friendship only until it is safe to allow urself to pursue her.

and if u are giving her guitar lessons just so u can be with her, i would recommend that u not. cos most girls can usually tell if a guy like them and that will make the whole thing uncomfortable for her. and u will also be sorta taking advantage of the situation of her wanting to learn, which is sorta unfair. the whole thing will eventually end up being awkward, at the least, if it turns out she doesnt like u the way u like her.

Well, since I posted this message, I decided to just be patient (amen). Maybe she simply just doesn't check her e-mail often. About not being sure if she's single: I'll do the guitar lessons for musical experience (I'm doing free guitar lessons for someone else also). If I begin liking her and seeing that she's responding to it, I'll ask her if she wants to go some place (like the movies or coffee or whatever) and she'll either say yes or "Sorry, but I have a boyfriend"--simple as that. I'll just pray and ask for YOUR prayers that I'll stay strong and not end up being crushed. I'm not gonna ask her if she has a boyfriend NOW 'cause she might think that the only reason I'm giving her free guitar lessons is because I'm trying to "get with her". Anyway, she's a very nice girl and I have a great relationship with the Lord, so I know it'll work out. Thank you! :b:

:b:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

So, I like this girl who I can only communicate online with at the moment. The thing I don't like is she's hardly ever online. I sent her a plain e-mail a while ago and she hasn't replied and that kind of worries me. Maybe I'm being anxious. Please pray for me for this. But, here's the big problem: I'm not even 100% sure if she's single. I offered to give her free guitar lessons and I'm scared that, by doing this, I'm REALLY gonna start liking her, then discover she has a boyfriend, then be crushed. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologize that I use this site for advice so often. Please pray for me. Thank you.

FYI -

God introduced me to my "wife" here at Worthy. I connected with her soul and her spirit.

Soon, very soon, my wife and I will connect in the physical. Expectation ... indeed. All glory be to God in Jesus Christ the Lord!

:whistling:

Peace.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  59
  • Birthday:  10/10/1984

Be patient and see what happens...don't look "needy".

...don't look "needy".

yea....dont do this

pweeeeese will u go out with meeee......

:huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hope things work out with you, God knows what He has ahead of us and what He doesn't so just wait patiently, and if you end up having a crush for her, then God knows why things happen. Also may I ask your age?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1992

Umm... The best advice I can give, is don't give up. But, be ready to be crushed. Chances are, if anything bad happens, it'll hurt for a while, but you'll get over it. God wouldn't lead you to someone you can't have without some good reason. Trust me. That's one thing I've learned over the years. And I'm not even done learning all of this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hiya Baz, :th_praying:

this page took soo long to load that I hope what I have to say it helpful :emot-hug:

Take everything one step at a time, (as you seam to be doing anyway) and do it prayerfully.

God sees the bigger picture. This is an opportunity to build and strengthen your relationship

with him. He loves you. he tells us that if we ask for bread he will not give us a stone, meaning that he will nourish us and keep us in all things. Its really rather odd how we can trust the Lord for one thing but not for another thing that we desire, but that is what we do. Keep your eyes on him O.K!