sport123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What's the truth? I hear some people say, you can have everything the Bible says you can have. From healing, to prosperity and companionship. Some say just ask once and thank God for receiving it. Then you will. But if you ask again, you are doubting and that nulls the prayer. And if you have any doubt, you want receive. Which is very discouraging and frustrating, because doubt comes sometimes. And some say, keep on asking until you receive. It's all so confusing. Some make it seem that we are in control of what we receive. Because life and death are in the tongue. I don't understand, because there are many Christian people who die early in life from diseases and are not healed from prayer. And in the Bible, Paul had a thorn, which no body knows what that was. And not everyone was healed in the Bible, or was blessed financially or married. But some people say that we can have all these things is we just believe. Which is confusing because so many faith filled Christians are suffering. Sometimes there are some people who are healed. I've heard that some people are healed by others prayer. And some have told me that no matter how many people pray for you, you must believe yourself or it won't come true. How in the world do you know if you are meant to be healed? How in the world are you suppose to keep thinking positive when hell breaks loose to discourage you. Because when you pray and start thanking God for the answer, discouragement comes in like a flood. And when you pray for years and nothing happens. I thought God was in control. These people make it seem like we are in control. I'm so stressed out about these things. And so discouraged. Because I want to be healed and I don't know what to do anymore. I've never seen a miracle. I've never experienced a miracle.

How can I have my prayers answered. Help!

Sport123

Edited by sport123

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Mate, you're a victim of well intentioned but misguided people in the church.

For one, God doesn't always heal us. The thorn in the flesh is refering to an eye problem that Paul had. Look over to Galatians and this is validated when he talks about how the Galatian people had sympathy on him because of the eye disease he was suffering from. The reason God doesn't heal us of all physical ailments is that these are a part of the fall. Even though we belong to Him, we still suffer certain elements of the fall. The fact we all die shows that God does not heal us completely.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

In a book called"Fast Facts On False Religion" by Ed Decker/Ron Carlson,there is a section called The Prosperity Theology it says;

Idolatry is not simply worshiping a stone image;idolatry is any concept of God that reduces Him to less than who He really is. There is a false religion growing in our land,and it is called the prosperity theology.

Many christians are being swept into this false religion by promises of finalcial prosperity,by claims that God always wants them healthy,wealthy,and prosperous. This gospel message has become idolatry by reducing God to someone who is there to give us what we want.This gospel says,"Ask not what you can do for God,but what can He do for you?"

It Is A Religious Mind Science

If you don't have the health and wealth promised,the promoters' easy out is to shame you with false guilt. They'll say"You must have sin in your life" or "You don't have enough faith". Thus the victim ends up on a treadmill trying even harder to work the success formula.

This whole philosophy of visualizing and claiming our"inheritance" is religious mind science. It is a conterfeit religion. It is a product of a western, materialistic mentality,a humanistic philosphy that reduces God to a servant of man,a god that man can manipulate for his own selfish gain. It's the new idolatry.

That is not even one page out of 17,it's an easy read if you decide to buy one.$8.00

Scriptures it suggests to read; Matt 6:19-21;Phil. 1:12-20;John 16:33; Phil. 4:6-13,19;

Phil 3:7-11,13,14;Prov. 3:5,6; James 1:2-4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Cut out the middle man of church who say things for selfish purposes of man-made ministry. Read the scripture yourself.

It rains on the just & the unjust.

The health prosperity message being put out by the manmade churches is very damaging to peoples' faith.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  102
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

I completely and totally agree with followerofJesus.

Blessings, kamusat

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It is hard I think this life is often very hard and for some much harder than others. We don't have an explanation for that.

However our true prayer has been answered, Christ has risen from the dead, and we have eternal life in Him. This life in comparison is nothing, all of us, regardless if we had health, or wealth or had poverty and sickness in this life, are going to one place in this life, and that is the grave, our life here is but a shadow, smoke, or like grass. So the true prayer the important one of all of us who believes in Christ has been accomplished, and we can be so thankful for that. Nothing can hurt us or separate us from the love of God.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  59
  • Birthday:  10/10/1984

Sometimes we forget that the answer God gives us isn't the one we are looking for so we miss it. Loved ones die all the time even with prayer to save them. But God's time and perfect will isn't always ours. Sometimes we pray with an agenda. Just remember God's agenda is always right :-)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Very refreshing; Peace to all brothers & sisters in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  48
  • Birthday:  04/28/1989

Mate, you're a victim of well intentioned but misguided people in the church.

For one, God doesn't always heal us. The thorn in the flesh is refering to an eye problem that Paul had. Look over to Galatians and this is validated when he talks about how the Galatian people had sympathy on him because of the eye disease he was suffering from. The reason God doesn't heal us of all physical ailments is that these are a part of the fall. Even though we belong to Him, we still suffer certain elements of the fall. The fact we all die shows that God does not heal us completely.

Great point

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I hope this maybe of help to you.We worship and pray to God. He is a prayer hearing and answering God.This is the way it works for me. God hears and answers in His perfect timing. Sometimes it yes,sometimes it is no, and sometimes it is wait. The first one is easy we know right away,the second is alittle harder to handle, and the third is definetly tough. But we must remember if it is no,He has something better in mind for us,and He gives us the Grace to accept and sustain us even though He said no. As for the third, we may keep knocking,until we know that the answer is no. Try to keep His promises in mind when you pray,I will turn all things to the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose. Now that may not be the exact scripture,I don't qoute The Bible, but it is in The Word of God. Someone on This Board could probably give the verse so you can see for yourself. Love in Christ littlejoe