IGNORED

Rapture

Guest jckduboise

Guest jckduboise

Can anyone tell me the scriptures that support the notion of Rapture? There are people I have spoken to who say they don't believe in it. I for one do, but have never read the word in the bible.

Please respond with Scripture that is the only way I will know for sure that it is a reality.

:th_praying:

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

The Rapture of the Church will occur when Christ returns for those that are His:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The word in verse 17 that is translated "caught up" is harp

Guest jckduboise
The Rapture of the Church will occur when Christ returns for those that are His:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The word in verse 17 that is translated "caught up" is harp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

If you have never read the word, how do you know what to believe?

I believed in a rapture until I really studied the word.

He did not say he did not study the word. He said he had not read the word "Rapture" in the Bible

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

If I interpreted this correctly then the "rapture" occurs before the opening of the 7 seals and the saints (us) are taken into heaven to witness and worship the Lord while the rest of the earth is left to endure the tribulation.

Any further thoughts and scripture is more than welcome.

:laugh:

Hi Brother,

As Old Timer has pointed out, the time of fulfilment of the Rapture has been a major issue of debate within Christianity and there are a number of positions in this regard.

The doctrine arises from Paul (1 Th 4:17) in what appears to be a special revelation given to him, although it is implied in Jesus' Parable of the Reapers (Mt 13:30) and the Olivet Sermon (Mt 24:31), but it is not clearly stated in John's Apocalypse.

That is why the first problem with the Rapture is that, whether pre-, mid- or post-tribulational, it has been seen in many places within the Book of Revelation:

(1) 3:10: The promise given to the Church of Philadelphia (hence, to all believers) of being kept from the hour of trial, which implies being removed from the tribulation.

(2) 4:1-2: John is invited to come up and enter the Throne Room through an open door in Heaven. In this case John symbolises all believers. The voice

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

2 Peter 3:15,16 I have seen this scripture misused many times even on some posts on this site.

Peter was saying that Paul's writings concerning end time things are hard to understand.Only when we read the whole chapter can we keep that verse in context.

Guest jckduboise

If you have never read the word, how do you know what to believe?

I believed in a rapture until I really studied the word.

He did not say he did not study the word. He said he had not read the word "Rapture" in the Bible

Thank you for backing me up on that Eric. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

jckduboise,

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshiped God,

Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God forever and ever. Amen.

Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Up to this point, prior to the seventh seal being undone things have gotten pretty bad on Earth. After the 7th seal is undone it seems that the world will become unlike anything anyone has ever seen or imagined. I believe that Rev 7:14 is referencing us (believers) who would be spared the ultimate demise of mankind that follows the opening of the 7th seal.

I would say to pray that the Holy Spirit may give you enlightenment in your reading and beware the "wisdom" of men regarding the subject.

As it is written:

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

1Co 2:10 But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12 But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.

1Co 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Blessings to you

in His service

-CC-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

After I asked this question last night I was going to dig through scripture for some answers but I did not need to. The Lord took me straight to Revelations 7 and 8. In 7 John speaks of the 4 angels in the 4 corners of the earth. The seals placed on the 144,000 from the 12 tribes. Then he continues on to speak of a great multitude so many he could not count who were suddenly there dressed in white robes from every nation and every language worshiping the Lord. Then he noticed all of the angels as well. The angel had asked John if he knew who they all were and John said you know. Chapter 8 goes on to the opening of the 7th seal and God's wrath being poured out onto the earth and all inhabitants of the earth.

If I interpreted this correctly then the "rapture" occurs before the opening of the 7 seals and the saints (us) are taken into heaven to witness and worship the Lord while the rest of the earth is left to endure the tribulation.

Greetings Jack Duboise,

When you consider exactly what the seal is that is placed on the 144,000 (supposedly) you will find that the "seal" is the Holy Spirit. I won't provide the numerous scriptures which reveal this, but then we continue:

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

These multitudes are ALSO sealed, else they would never had their robes washed. John is seeing a panorama of ALL that will GO THROUGH THE GREAT TRIBULATION, as noted in 7:14.

There are many conjectures as to when the 7 seals are opened. But it is pretty accepted that they occur before the return of the Lord, which is at the end of the GREAT TRIBULATION. So just who is it that goes in a pre-trib rapture?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

Hi Brethren,

I agree with Dad Ernie.

Besides, when you look at chapter 12 you see that Satan and his demons were cast out from Heaven and directed their wrath against the 'remnant of the seed', those who 'keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.'

Edited by Jorge S