Fears

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

looking only for your replies on subject.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

All except the fear of God. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

In the Bible 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV says For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of Love, and of a Sound Mind.

Fear is a Spirit

Submit yourself to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

when I dealt with it in my life- I would pray: Fear, I bind you in the name of Jesus and I command you to leave in Jesus Name. It worked for me.

Do you know the Lord has given you authority to use his name? As believers, we have authority over the enemy!!!

We also must use discernment to recognize-where the voices are coming from (if the enemy is speaking to you).

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal-but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Cor 10:3-4

When he (the devil)would tell me what he was going to do to me- I would Quote 2 Timothy 1:7

I threw the word of God at him-like Jesus did!!!

Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he shall flee.

Have you allowed anything into your life to cause fear? Submit it to God-ask the Lord for forgiveness. Resist the temptation to allow it again. Once you close the door to the enemy and not give him enterance he will flee. He's like a dog-tell him to leave and command it in Jesus Name.

The fear of the Lord is reverence or respect for the Lord-totally different!!

Blessings

Candi

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/10/1984

Phil 4:13 says that all things are possible through Christ. So in answer to your question...yes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

yes. but some sure are stickers! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, and all the scriptures that came to mind have been posted except this one ..

if the battle is a temptation to fear God will give you the power to overcome it...

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

tah quote

if the battle is a temptation to fear God will give you the power to overcome it...

hello tah

i do not understand what you mean here

OC

fear is a spirit from what I understand in scripture..not just an emotion..

"God has not given us a spirit of fear"..

something happens to me and I am instantly terrified by what is going on..

fear has captured me...

I can overcome it by the Holy Spirit in me..

He will make an escape from the grasp of fear on my heart by either taking me out of the circumstance (which would be really nice)... :24:

or He will give me an "escape' from its grasp by causing me to rise above the fear it in my spirit..

I can only express my personal experiences with the Lord to you ...

I look at the world situation and can easily be tempted to fear for our well being if it were not for the Lord reminding me that "all these things must come to be"..

His word is my way of escaping the grasp of fear...

God by His Spirit in me keeps me from being overcome by fear..

I am locked in a small place as a child and am afraid of small places as an adult..

fear may have become so much a part of me that I have a very had time separating it from me but by the power of the Holy Spirit in me I can do it...

God can help me overcome my fear by His Spirit...no matter what the fear..

I have a child who have a massive tumor in his head..my first temptation is to fear..

This is my child...But God does not take away the mass but He gives me the power to rise above the fear for my child and trust Him..

Isn't that what fear really is..not being able to trust God with the outcome?

A super storm comes sweeping down over the plains or wherever and our nation has experienced many tornado's.. :24:

my reaction is to be tempted to fear..

but God is always there to remind me that "if I perish I perish" ..

Absent from the body present with God...

we struggle with fear all the time but I believe God will always make a way of escaping the grasp of the enemy...

Fear the Lord above all else...

Mat 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I do not know if you are struggling with a particular fear or not but I do know God is well able to find you a way of escape from its grasp ....

my 2

fear is a spirit from what I understand in scripture..not just an emotion..

"God has not given us a spirit of fear"..

OC

tah thank you for talking with me I did not want to give any of my comments at all i just wanted to read the responses as i am only seeking to learn and get advice from others. But you make me want to ask questions? I understand fear to be a spirit in scriptures as you say also I see other emotions as spirits as well for example the spirit of jealousy or a fit of rage and so on these are spirits as well that come upon us.

something happens to me and I am instantly terrified by what is going on..

fear has captured me...

I can overcome it by the Holy Spirit in me..

OC

But what if it is a dibilitating fear say something did horribly happen in one's life and they have fears relating to it how does Holy Spirit work in me when I can not logically or literally say to fear go away and don't come back because of terror.

He will make an escape from the grasp of fear on my heart by either taking me out of the circumstance (which would be really nice)... :24:

or He will give me an "escape' from its grasp by causing me to rise above the fear it in my spirit..

OC

So if I get captured in fear God will make an escape for me by either removing me from the circumstance or cause me to be bold in him and overcome it on the spot.

I look at the world situation and can easily be tempted to fear for our well being if it were not for the Lord reminding me that "all these things must come to be"..

His word is my way of escaping the grasp of fear...

OC

I see that you believe that fear is a "temptation" which would mean if one fell into the temptation of fear they would be falling into sin. I think the fear of the lord is different than the fears in which I am speaking in reference to.

God by His Spirit in me keeps me from being overcome by fear..

OC

For this I praise God on your behalf and you are free.

I am locked in a small place as a child and am afraid of small places as an adult..

fear may have become so much a part of me that I have a very had time separating it from me but by the power of the Holy Spirit in me I can do it...

God can help me overcome my fear by His Spirit...no matter what the fear..

OC

I do not understand how you suppose to seperate fear from you. That one makes me scratch my head no pun intended just makes me think as i am trying to take in your thoughts and advice.

I have a child who have a massive tumor in his head..my first temptation is to fear..

This is my child...But God does not take away the mass but He gives me the power to rise above the fear for my child and trust Him..

OC

Again I see fear as being refered to as a temptation. Can't one trust and fear at the same time.

Isn't that what fear really is..not being able to trust God with the outcome?

OC

This one is a stickler. I think there are different types of fears that one is faced with that has nothing to do with trusting God for the outcome I say that from experience. You see the fear may not be towards God in all circumstances.

A super storm comes sweeping down over the plains or wherever and our nation has experienced many tornado's.. :whistling:

my reaction is to be tempted to fear..

but God is always there to remind me that "if I perish I perish" ..

Absent from the body present with God...

we struggle with fear all the time but I believe God will always make a way of escaping the grasp of the enemy...

OC

I have no fear in this example should I die in a storm or what other ways their is to die in life. But the storm should be feared and taken seriously and you should take shelter. That is a good healthy fear to have amidst a storm.

Fear the Lord above all else...

Mat 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

OC

These are comforting scriptures to know should someone kill me for my testimony of Jesus Christ they can't touch my soul for sure.

And Hey , I am just a housewife Christian here

OC

Those are some of the best kinds of christian i've ever run across don't knock yourself.

"a brother is for adversity"

OC

I think it best if I stay with the sista's with my questions to learn from them.

If you don't want to reply to what i have written that is fine i thank you for all that you have written to me and i deeply appreciate it as you given alot for me to think about in this arena. Blessings to you

Openly Curious

I am sorry this took so long but I really tried to give the best answer I could think of...

But not knowing what you are really asking it is quite possibly not what you are looking for .... :huh:

OC

But what if it is a dibilitating fear say something did horribly happen in one's life and they have fears relating to it how does Holy Spirit work in me when I can not logically or literally say to fear go away and don't come back because of terror.

like the fear of small places??or being attacked??

an abusive situation?

they can be totally dibilitating..but God is bigger than any fear that holds me captive..

It is an overcoming on my part ..and it takes time ..

"Father, Father, I am terrified please help me.."

that is what you pray when your mind is yours again...

I have prayed that many times..

sometimes it takes a long time but freedom will come..

I must pursue it and I must want to be free from it..

One day I woke up and I was free..

I believe any Christian who calls upon Him will be met by Him in His way and His time..

persevere...

and sometimes I need someone to help me with my battle ...we need each other... :emot-hug:

If I cannot overcome I will ask for help..

We all have our problems and there is no shame in that..no shame at all...

it would just be a shame if we did not get the help we need..

OC

So if I get captured in fear God will make an escape for me by either removing me from the circumstance or cause me to be bold in him and overcome it on the spot

Yes...well kinda..He will take me out of the fearful circumstance (yes yes yes...that would be nice..)

or give me what I need to stand in it..

Daniel in the Lions den was kind of on the spot... ;)

If I am not strong enough to stand and I fail and remain fearful God is big enough to forgive that little failure..

God is just teaching me to walk in the Spirit...

We get up and try again..

It is not in failing we actually "fail" it is in not being willing to get up and fight again for other freedom we want..

To know to do good and to do it not, that is sin..

trying to do good and failing short of what I tried to do is not sin..

it is just a part of growing up..

OC

I see that you believe that fear is a "temptation" which would mean if one fell into the temptation of fear they would be falling into sin. I think the fear of the lord is different than the fears in which I am speaking in reference t

We are told to "fear not"...

I deduct from this that God does not want me to be afraid and when I am ...

then I am not trusting Him..

and Yes the fear of the Lord is different but I do not know how to tell you the difference..

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"..

it is a learned thing..fearing Him...

so is fearing a small place..that is a learned thing..

We are disobedient because we do not fully comprehend His authority in our lives..

we do not fear Him...

I have not done a study of fear that I can remember..

I only understand what my years have taught me and lots of church attendance to learn of Him..

This is hard to try to relate to you...

I do not like the way I feel when I am afraid..

my heart races, my face turns red, my breathing is fast, my emotions are out of control, and I just do not like it...

that is what happens to me when I am afraid when a situation arises to frighten me...

But I can overcome it...

I can choose not to let fear have the upper hand....

When God shows up when I have sinned and says "What are you doing?" that fear is very very different..

I fall on my face and just about loose my breath all together..very different..

I want more of that kind of fear because it keeps me right with Him...

and Love is very mixed in there but that is another thing I cannot explain..

OC

I do not understand how you suppose to separate fear from you. That one makes me scratch my head no pun intended just makes me think as i am trying to take in your thoughts and advice.

If fear were a part of ME God would not tell me "not to fear"..

it is something I do..it is an act ...

When fear rises up in me I fight it as I do not want it..

OC

Again I see fear as being refered to as a temptation. Can't one trust and fear at the same time.

You know..that is a good question and to tell you the truth for me that answer is yes..

I have had experiences where on the "outside of me" I was showing fear and experiencing fear...but in my spirit I was at peace and calm and Hon there is just no way I can explain that...

Have you not had the same experience??

The Peace begins in the heart and begins to permeate the rest of me calming me from my fears...

when peace has then filled me then I am then calm on the outside too..

but I find I must co-operate with that peace that is inside me give it the place in my and not allow the fear to stay...

I have actually squelched the rising of peace in me and that was a very foolish thing for me to do..I am sooo glad God is patient with us..

OC

This one is a stickler. I think there are different types of fears that one is faced with that has nothing to do with trusting God for the outcome I say that from experience. You see the fear may not be towards God in all circumstances.

we seldom fear God ...our fears are nearly always about other issues..

But it is always the Spirit of the Lord in me that helps me to overcome the fear that is about those other issues..

are they different kinds of fear???I do not know..they all look the same to me...

I see the two I mentioned above..

I only see trusting God or not trusting God..

fearing or not fearing....

whatever the fear is..I cannot think of anything that is outside of that definition..

If you know something let me know what it is..

If You mean concerned you may be in danger from someone .....

or something like a Storm take shelter...

If in danger from some one or something flee ....flee quickly...

but that is not the same as the battle with fear...

If I am concerned someone will hurt me then wisdom says go somewhere safe...

do not pass go- do not collect 200 hundred dollars- go straight to safety...

But when you flee ask God to keep your heart from the spirit of fear because fear will cloud your mind and you cannot think clearly...fear is debilitating..

call up from within you the peace that you have in Jesus...

Jam 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

O C..I pray the Lord will show you just the right word you need to find what you are seeking...

I do not know what particular "fear" you are trying to figure out but I do hope you will quickly find the answer.. :b: