• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Why not? Okay suit yourself I guess. You proposed an objection in drinking and DUI. I showed how with several examples your objection may not be valid in all circumstances. I guess that's not something you'd like to discuss further. No problem.

Have a good day! :) 

God bless,
GE

I think we gave some pretty good solutions for someone who wants to have a drink at a holiday get together or a social occasion. :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

This is such a hot topic among Christians and rightfully so. You find verses in Proverbs that talks about how "wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise. Proverbs 20:1"

I believe that the kicker is not that we can drink wine, beer, etc it is are we controlled by the substance. God's word is very clear about being controlled by the Spirit and not being drunk with wine(Ephesians 5:18). We are to maintain self-control at all times as believers.

So the self-control should be the issue not can we drink or not. Personally I drink a beer now and then but I am not controlled by it. However I don't drink it around people that would be offended if I did. I have not desire to make my brother or sister stumble(1 Cor 8:13)  even though I can in good conscience partake in a beer here and there. If a brother or sister came to me and said they were offended by my drinking I wouldn't do it because I would then be a stumbling block for my fellow believer. 

Again I think we as believers pick on the topics instead of focusing a lot of times on what the message really is. It comes down to self-control and being filled with the Spirit. Remember beer, wine, etc is not sin. They are inanimate objects that we consume or use. Where it becomes a problem is when a person indulges in the substance and lets it control his or her life.