• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I understand that this is related to false prophesy. However, I am not alarmed when someone says, "Your prayers are old" or "Your church practices are old." The Lord, throughout the centuries of church history, has recovered some essential matters to the Christian life that were either hidden or lost. We have see the lord's recovery of these truths throughout the ages of church history through faithful brothers like Luther, Calvin, the Anabaptists, Tyndale, Fox, Jakob Spener, the Mystics, the Moravian Bretherine, the inner life Christians of the 19th century, etc. etc.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

RT, I don't really see what you're talking about. I read all of Appendix A, and it's just going into more detail about the prophecies and how they are inconsistent with the Bible, like the article posted in the original post here.

In the original post it seemed to be saying that believers shouldn't change because God doesn't change. Then in the Appendix it moves to the possibilty of new prophets changing the message of the gospel. No doubt, this is bound to lead us into all different directions.

I think the writer could have been more clear in the original. That's why I posted at first, but that was without reading the Appendix. Now I find I have very little interest it this topic. It seems this will lead to more arguments about prophecy, and I've already had an earful. I'm checkin' out.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

When I would question my friend about some of the things in the Toronto revival she would tell me " There is no scripture for it. The Lord is doing a new thing. We have to adapt in order to stay in the river. " I thought this is what the "change" topic was about. I had asked her why she had to to to Toronto to 'get in the river" and she said cause that's where God is. That's what they were telling her in Canada. :t2:

Guest Calamity
When I would question my friend about some of the things in the Toronto revival she would tell me " There is no scripture for it. The Lord is doing a new thing. We have to adapt in order to stay in the river. " I thought this is what the "change" topic was about. I had asked her why she had to to to Toronto to 'get in the river" and she said cause that's where God is. That's what they were telling her in Canada. :)

Traveller, this type of thing, and the "new" prophets with messages that don't line up with the Bible, are exactly what the post was about. I still haven't figured out how it could be mistaken for not growing as a Christian. :t2:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Oh my then when did Maryland cede to Canada? :t2:

Cause G-d surely was present in my Church Sunday! :)

I was splashing around in that river of life. Man you know what else He was present in the Gym this morning right in old Maryland. I was testifying to His Glory! He was putting the words right in my mouth. I sucked up so much of that river . It was spilling right out of my mouth by way of my heart. G-d Bless.

Well heres to being Canadian! Cheers!

Peace :il: Amen

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Greetings in the Peace and Love of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Since it is all about Him anyway!

I will repost this part again for I think this may be the key.

History records a number of revivals - movements that sparked renewal among Christians, and in which many non-Christians, drawn by the Holy Spirit, accepted Jesus as Savior. Throughout the world, such events are still taking place as the Spirit guides. In evaluating those events, note where the emphasis is put. Is there a concern for the lost? Is Jesus being magnified? Is Scripture taught? Or do offbeat manifestations, vague prophecies and odd teachings and practices get top billing?

Is Jesus being Magnified, Glorified? Is there concern for the lost? Is the prophecy vague?

Again is Jesus being Glorified?

He better be for He is both Zealous and Jealous for His Holy names sake and His Glory! Which he will not share. So that no one will say there is no G-d of Israel Amen!

Peace :il: Amen!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Oh my then when did Maryland cede to Canada? :t2:

Cause G-d surely was present in my Church Sunday! :t2:

I was splashing around in that river of life. Man you know what else He was present in the Gym this morning right in old Maryland. I was testifying to His Glory! He was putting the words right in my mouth. I sucked up so much of that river . It was spilling right out of my mouth by way of my heart. G-d Bless.

Well heres to being Canadian! Cheers!

Peace :il: Amen

Exactly Dr Luke! :) But they are relating the power of the Lord being in Toronto, sorta like the Lord and the ark of the covenant. Gotta go there for the BIG movements. When I talk to her about it she just smiles at me like she is humoring me. Like I'm out of the loop.

big sigh

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Travellor: That's how I feel about my Catholic friend. She just smiles with a serene look on her face. She's a wonderful person though and I don't let it come between us.

But it's hard. I want so much to break the notion of "Mary" and focus on Jesus alone.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

What bothers me about Appendix A is not what is said, but how it is conveyed. It carries such an urgency, like a used car salesman. Buy now and don't think about it or you will miss out. I don't think this form of prophecy is of God at all.

I have friends who run to these conferences because,"That's where God's at". Baloney, God is everywhere and all knowing. Jesus said to go to our prayer closet. And just for the record when they say it is a new revelation and it is not in the scripture. I say then it must not be of God. It breaks my heart when well meaning people are decieved and are decieving others as well.

I think Jesus said to not run after them when they said He is here or He is there. Did He not say the Kingdom of God comes from within. And not with observation. Hmmm

I have said enough........