• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/22/1971

Good Morning everyone,

I was searching the internet this morning looking for some information on anointing with oil(have some major personal issues needing prayer over)when i came across this article. I decided to copy it and get people's thought on it.

Some churches frown against taking communion at home while others don't.

What are your views?

Blessings

Mandy

Healing Through Communion

by Linda Josef

Although the Lord has many ways of healing, surely one of the most precious comes from observance of Communion. Through Communion, people have been healed of cancer, diabetes, Epstein-Barr virus, and more. Recently, Sid Roth interviewed Dr. John Miller, a chiropractor who has studied the power of Communion to heal for more than 20 years.

Dr. Miller said,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hear, hear!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I'd say unless a person is fully saved through Jesus christ they are not suppose to be in communion. THat is suppose to be for people who are saved. If they are saved, I am sure with faith they can be healed when asking the lord.

THe lord does the healing amen!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Birthday:  04/22/1971

I'd say unless a person is fully saved through Jesus christ they are not suppose to be in communion. THat is suppose to be for people who are saved. If they are saved, I am sure with faith they can be healed when asking the lord.

THe lord does the healing amen!

Evening Brandi

thanks for your response!. Im sure whoever wrote this article was talking about those who are already saved.

Just mentioning that we who are christian can take communion at home in our personal lives as a part of our daily walk with christ.

To me, it seems to make my walk more personal.. taking communion daily during my quiet and study time makes me think on his sacrafice.

Any more comments??

God Bless

Mandy

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

In scripture there is absolutely no guarantees of healing or success or health or wealth or any worldly advantage because we have faith in Christ or take communion in the proper way (which I won't even go into as the proper way has been defined for centuries, what do you think discerning the Body means?). I find it distasteful that people would come to communion to share His grace and promise for some sort of personal gain.

In fact Christ calls us to suffer for His sake. Our faith is not some sort of deal we make with Jesus to heal us or to help us in this world. If it were heathens like Bill Gates or Donald Trump would be the greatest Christians.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

In scripture there is absolutely no guarantees of healing or success or health or wealth or any worldly advantage because we have faith in Christ or take communion in the proper way (which I won't even go into as the proper way has been defined for centuries, what do you think discerning the Body means?). I find it distasteful that people would come to communion to share His grace and promise for some sort of personal gain.

In fact Christ calls us to suffer for His sake. Our faith is not some sort of deal we make with Jesus to heal us or to help us in this world. If it were heathens like Bill Gates or Donald Trump would be the greatest Christians.

I agree with Smalcald. I'm certainly not anti-communion but it seems as if it's simply being treated as the latest "thing" such water from the Jordan River, prayer cloths anointed by some big-name minister, etc. We should be taking communion because Jesus said to do it in remembrance of Him, not for some purported health benefits.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I agree with you on this. I personally did not like the article. I am sure its great to take commuion daily though.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I think it an interesting, positive, and very uplifting article. The Lord wants us to understand why He died for us. I do not think it is so much that we are partaking just for selfish personal gain but simply that we WILL personally gain as we consider the exchange that He made for us. I really appreciate you sharing the article. I love anything that lifts up the cross of Christ and takes us into the purpose of his death. He died that we might live. Taking communion in this way helps us to realize that exchange. And yes. Certainly we can take communion privately just as we can pray and read the Bible privately. It is all made beneficial and lively by the power of the Holy Spirit through faith. Praise his Lovely Name. He has given us so many avenues to receive his blessing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:) Hi Mandy loved the article. Sister keep trusting the Lord for you healing. I have had many breakthroughs in my personal life by taking communion privately and in meeting situations were communion was served. God bless, keep looking to Jesus. :wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105

Hi Mandy. Didn't see the article before this but have experienced the healing and delivering power of Jesus by having communion in my home.

God Bless.