IGNORED

Does the Spirit speak of Himself?

Guest Calamity

Guest Calamity

John 15

[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

[14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent point!

Even Jesus said, "I don't speak from myself, but speak only those words I hear My Father speak."

And we are to do the same.... :laugh:

Guest Calamity

There is something I don't understand here, VOG. In the 'Word' posts that you make, that you've said come from God, or God's Spirit, I can't find any mention at all of 'My Son', or 'Jesus'. The words speak of Himself, and the Scriptures say otherwise.

John 15

[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

[14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I'm seriously asking if you can explain this to me. Thanks.

In the prophetic Words that I wrote here at Worthy Boards, I did not speak from myself, but GOD SPOKE THROUGH ME.

John 16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR, THAT SHALL HE SPEAK: and he will show you things to come.

Whatever I heard God speak to me from His Spirit, that is what I spoke in the Prophetic Words. :laugh:

Guest Calamity
In the prophetic Words that I wrote here at Worthy Boards, I did not speak from myself, but GOD SPOKE THROUGH ME.

John 16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR, THAT SHALL HE SPEAK: and he will show you things to come.

Whatever I heard God speak to me from His Spirit, that is what I spoke in the Prophetic Words. :laugh:

I understand that you're saying that you're speaking what God tells you to speak. That's why I'm asking about what it says in these Scriptures. Thanks. :laugh:

And Jesus did not speak of Himself either, but only spoke what the Father said. :laugh:

Calamity, I'm not sure at what your question is getting at?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking?

I thought that I answered it.... Did I?

Guest coolwaters

Acts 1: 16 15In those days Peter stood up among the believers[3] (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) 16and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus17he was one of our number and shared in this ministry."

Heb 3: 7So, as the Holy Spirit says:

"Today, if you hear his voice,

8do not harden your hearts

as you did in the rebellion,

during the time of testing in the desert,

9where your fathers tested and tried me

and for forty years saw what I did.

10That is why I was angry with that generation,

and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,

and they have not known my ways.'

11So I declared on oath in my anger,

'They shall never enter my rest.' "[1]

Acts 1:16 and Heb 3:7-11 Quotations as being the direct utterances of the Holy Spirit. I just thought you would like the information for your edification.