• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1969

What's a little loss of privacy for the sake of security? http://commentary-by-kim.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to copy and paste your comments on my blog as well as here. Thanks

Edited by KayDeeAy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

What's a little loss of privacy for the sake of security? http://commentary-by-kim.blogspot.com/

I must ask then... Since we know that persecution of Christians is BOUND to happen- in fact, we are to rejoice in it, because it builds stronger faith- why do we care about the law? God didn't promise us a rosy life as a Christian- He promised suffering, and sacrifice. He didn't promise privacy, or "american" privileges... he promised persecution and humiliation.

If I start being persecuted as a result of the laws, (which have been blown out of proportion- I understood that the government was only listening to known/suspected terrorists and the people they talk to- not the entire population... for one thing, that would be extremely costly and ineffective) it will be God's will, and I will try to rejoice in it, and thank Him for the opportunity to suffer for His sake.

Persecution builds faith. America is full of weak pathetic people who call themselves Christians- but never had to stand for their faith, or do anything near like the things that Christians in other parts of the world must do- we meet here in relative peace, in the open, and don't have to be wary of police breaking in to our church services and arresting us. We don't risk being killed for our faith.

I read that Christians in China are actually praying for our persecution- to revive our faith! After all- what good is our testimony to be a Christian in good times, when everything is going easy for us? It's when the persecution comes, and you stand for your faith in the face of death or torture, that your testimony is strongest.

We are WAY too concerned about our silly rights and liberties- when God gave up all of HIS deserved honors and glory, to die on a cross for us. How much farther can you get from the selfish concept of "but this is my RIGHT!"... your only right, is to worship God with all of your heart, mind, and soul- for that is what you were made for.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/31/1969

Hi DaniJ87 and thanks for reading my blog and replying. Could you do me a favor though? Could you please copy and paste your reply to my blog? My blog is lonely :thumbsup: and needs company. :thumbsup:

I understand your thoughts about welcoming persecution and I have also heard the same about the CHinese. (I also did missionary work in China last summer and met some in the underground church). So then do you think that we should not want to have a free country but hope for our country to bring about the persecutions like other countries? I think we were blessed by God because of it. I look upon our freedoms as a blessing from God. I think He wants us to be this way because we are freer to spread the gospel and people can freely hear it. I think He wants other places around the world who don't enjoy the freedoms to like us (at least like we used to be), as far as that is concerned.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I read that Christians in China are actually praying for our persecution- to revive our faith! After all- what good is our testimony to be a Christian in good times, when everything is going easy for us? It's when the persecution comes, and you stand for your faith in the face of death or torture, that your testimony is strongest.

That is sad, I would NEVER EVER pray for someone to suffer and get hurt. That is just sad. I pray for everyones health. I pray they will open there eyes, not get them knocked opened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Geez, this monitoring our phone records deal is starting to get on my nerves, they do not have people on a third line listening to all of our conversations... This would take 1 person out of 3 people in America listening to our every phone call. No! They do not do that...

They have word sensors, example:

If you made a call to some-one and you used the words "going to blow up tunnel."Then that person calls some-one else and uses a similar sentence, and that person makes a phone call to another country like Iraq for example, then the Machine will alert the Homeland security and they will track the calls and get the men... They do not read your conversation unless three or four weird conversations take place that link each other in a almost like relay of messages...

Geez, this isn't invading privacy...No one is listening on the other end you know how much man power that would take...

Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone but the Democrats are making up stories to get themselves elected, and people are just dumb enough to believe it...

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I hope that they can do a better job on catching any terrorists.

Far as the comment calling names of other Christians in America, I thing that is not a good thing to do.

It is always better to say HOW YOU FEEL than to call someone else names.

Also, we should care about the laws. All it takes for bad to prosper is for good men to stand around and DO NOTHING!

I will go check out your blog.

Take care,

elkie

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

(I also did missionary work in China last summer and met some in the underground church). So then do you think that we should not want to have a free country but hope for our country to bring about the persecutions like other countries? I think we were blessed by God because of it. I look upon our freedoms as a blessing from God. I think He wants us to be this way because we are freer to spread the gospel and people can freely hear it. I think He wants other places around the world who don't enjoy the freedoms to like us (at least like we used to be), as far as that is concerned.

Dear Kay Dee Ay,

On this I agree with you. We are the country that sends the largest amount of missionaries all over the world and helps to other countries and they need us as we are also.

Best wishes on your blog.

God bless

Guest jckduboise

There is one thing that could possibly harm our country even though there are many many Christians doing Gods work here and all over the world. That is the allowing of other religions to permiate our country. I know, I know, freedom of religion. But lets take a look at the history of Israel and what God asked them to do regarding having other religions and gods.

I believe that we as a country are asking for the same kind of trouble because of our "tolerance" toward the teachings of other gods and the religions that involve those gods.

Not only that but we are a wealthy country that has the finest things. We live for money (I should say that does tend to be the focus the the American Dream) These are things that take us out of the realm of God and into the hands of the prince of the world.

Babylon does not necessarily mean a physical place. It could also mean something spiritual and evil.

There used to be morals that centered around Gods principles, now it is do what ever you want because after all we are the land of the free.

I fear that America is in bondage the same as the other countries our bondage just looks better because we happen to be the super power of the world.

We really need to pray for our country and remember that complacency is very, very dangerous. :emot-handshake:

the deciever works in many ways. Let's not be decieved by him..

God bless

• Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I agree with ya jckduboise

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I don't know, I've seen a lot of people blossom during hardtimes (not nessarily persecution), and others just break and forget Jesus. I am glad God let me be born here, but I know there are better things in heaven waiting for me. I think America will go down quick and hard as soon as we forget God. Hmm, we know God could use either situation for good.

Look at the Corinthians: 4;8Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have become kings