ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

A person comes to you thinking they have committed the unpardonable sin. they are frantic and scared. What do you tell them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

What we've told countless people here at Worthy; if you're worried you've did it, you probably haven't. I suffered with this a long time ago, thinking I had blasphemed. However when you look at the context that it's mentioned in, you find the Pharisees were so cold-hearted and calloused that they were willing to attribute what was obviously God to Satan. Again, this is one of Satan's favorite tricks to try to bring people down.

Guest christofer
if you're worried you've did it, you probably haven't. I suffered with this a long time ago, thinking I had blasphemed. However when you look at the context that it's mentioned in, you find the Pharisees were so cold-hearted and calloused that they were willing to attribute what was obviously God to Satan.

This is a great point - and I hope it helps others - but what do you tell a person who has said - 'the Holy Spirit has said - or the Holy Spirit has done this or that' - when they knew it was the Holy Spirit but they themselves using the name of the Holy Spirit to advance their own selfish causes? Isn't this similar to the Pharisees - even if it was done out of ignorance vs. cold heartedness?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

I try to avoid taking just one scripture and making a doctrine of it. What is unforgivable? Well, of course, we are all familiar with the "blaspheme of the Holy Spirit", but what about Annanias and Sapphira in Acts 5? What about those who "take the mark of the Beast" in Revelation? God makes it clear that they who add to or take away from the Word of God shall have their name removed from the Lamb's Book of Life. What do we do with that? What do we think of those who are NOT SEALED with the seal of the Holy Spirit? You see, the question is not always an easy one.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Greetings,

I try to avoid taking just one scripture and making a doctrine of it. What is unforgivable? Well, of course, we are all familiar with the "blaspheme of the Holy Spirit", but what about Annanias and Sapphira in Acts 5? What about those who "take the mark of the Beast" in Revelation? God makes it clear that they who add to or take away from the Word of God shall have their name removed from the Lamb's Book of Life. What do we do with that? What do we think of those who are NOT SEALED with the seal of the Holy Spirit? You see, the question is not always an easy one.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Ernie,

I asked my pastor once if he felt that Annanias and Sapphira had committed blasphemy in regards to how they were struck down instantly as they were. He said that it is very possible that is the sin they committed. It tells us in Acts that Peter told them they had lied to the Holy Ghost. So, I would suppose they blasphemed against the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Greetings,

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Good points Dad Ernie. Sometimes we are to quick to just want to make people feel better . . . when we really need to be helping them find true healing through true repentance, humility and faith towards God.

• Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Please tell this person that the only unperdonable sin is the sin agains the Holy Spirit.

WHich means because the He is the only one who can convence a person that he or she is a siner.

If a person hear the message of Christ forgivines but think I don't need I am not that bad. Or I will sin a little more than when I am older I will fallow Christ so I can get to heaven. Things like that. Refusing to accept Christ,

Because is the Holy Spirit who preach to us in our hearts. It does not have anything to do with an act done or a word spoke before you agreed that you are a sinner and only trough Christ you can get to heaven.

I let this verse for your friends meditation.

ROM 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

ROM 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Go ahead and read the whole chapter 8 of Romans than talk to that person (if there is one)

Love Suzana :emot-crying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Ayin Jade,

Without knowing what the "unpardonable sin" is we speak of here it's hard to give a reply. Going on "faith", I'd have to say that most likely whatever they had done would be forgiven by our Father as we are told in Matthew 12:31

Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.

But that "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is one I always wondered about as we are not given an exact example of what that is in Scripture. We all speculate on what that statement means and draw different conclusions so it's hard to pinpoint.

So it just depends on this persons "sin", but I'd have to agree with others who posted here that more often than not it is Satan convicting us....not God.

Blessings to you sister

in His service

-CC-

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

A person comes to you thinking they have committed the unpardonable sin. they are frantic and scared. What do you tell them?

Hello Ayin Jade,

I say if the persons heart condemns them before G-d then they will know if they are guilty of sin or not. We aren't mind readers and don't have all the answers for people as we only know in part and so we can only speak in part. Most times these types of people just have silly sins in their hearts that needs confessing so they can get forgiveness. If ones heart is full of sins this will make you frantic and scared should you die and leave this world in a sinful state.

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

I believe if this person had committed the unpardanable sin he would not be worried about it. Maybe this person is seriious, maybe not. Maybe he wants some attention, maybe not. But I doubt seriously he has committed the unpardnable sin. Just my thoughts.