• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

Sorry for the mispelling of adultery. It was brought to my attention. Still a serious question. Thank you all for your responses. It's good to know you can get some Godly advice here.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Sorry for the mispelling of adultery. It was brought to my attention. Still a serious question. Thank you all for your responses. It's good to know you can get some Godly advice here.

Fixed your title... :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Be proud brother that you can't even spell it! :)

Here is the persons solution. I do not agree with this at all. What so you think?

He is going to a third party, which is a relative of the man involved, and tell him. This way, he says, "No one will know I told on them. No one will be upset with me." Is this a viable solution?

Yes of course, the truth must be told. The two individuals involved threw their vows out the window without restraint or a care for others much loved. Why do we always defend the guilty?The seriousness is to be confronted. As Jesus pointed out to the Samaritan woman her wrong, so you too point out their wrong. Tell the truth. LNJ

Here is the persons solution. I do not agree with this at all. What so you think?

He is going to a third party, which is a relative of the man involved, and tell him. This way, he says, "No one will know I told on them. No one will be upset with me." Is this a viable solution?

Yes of course, the truth must be told. The two individuals involved threw their vows out the window without restraint or a care for others much loved. Why do we always defend the guilty?The seriousness is to be confronted. As Jesus pointed out to the Samaritan woman her wrong, so you too point out their wrong. Tell the truth. LNJ

I agree, the truth must be told. All these people that want to keep this under wraps and not tell either party I would like to ask this question. "If, God forbid, it was your wife or husband committing adultery, would you want to know, or would you rather it keep going on until......... :)

Guest Daave
Wow, where is Solomon when you need him...There are a lot of unknown factors inthis situation, the spiritual testimony of those involved, the level of intimacy among the legitimate spouses, the friendship level of the offending parties. Certainly, there is not a step 1,2,3 in this tedious crisis. My understanding of this situation the couple was found in the act of sexual intercourse in a remote wooded area. So, we are not talking about suspicion but certain observation. The witness was caught off guard, which I think we can all understand. They begged that he keep quiet. Which means they have involved him in a cover up. Which tells me he has no choice but to reveal or inherit part of the guilt. Hindsight would have told the offending parties, I will give you a chance to talk to your spouses, but if you don't I will. You might say, people get killed for such things. Well, people get killed without spilling the beans too. Truth will always cost you something. Now, how you reveal this to the spouses who have been cheated on will take a lot of spiritual preparation and will be based on how well you know someone and how forgiving you think the person is. But, I can't imagine not telling someone something that could escalate to more dangerous levels the longer it goes undiscovered and the the longer it continues the less chance of reconciliation.

When I fisrt read this question, I had assumed that the guilty parties were not aware of the fella that saw the cheating couple, and that the "What should I do" question was one of a standerby who went away ashamed for them, and hurt about the spouses and was wanting someone to know, and in a quandry of what to do.

Alas!! such is not the case.

So Please allow me to modify my advice.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9. (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

10. Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Originally coming to the guilty friends one on one, each one by them self to let it be known that there acts were no longer a secret was the idea behind the meetings so possibly their own shame would help them come around to repentance. But if we are dealing a request for a cover up, that is a horse of a different color. Now being involed is not a question, the fella has been asked to be brought in, by his friends, to be a part of their deceit.

I believe that David from New Bern's comment about hind site is still valid, an ultimatum. The only solution I see here is that the ultimatum should be given to the guilty parties by a group of non-gossiping elders in the church, along with the witness, to hold them accoutable for their actions and help them seek repentance. Only if this is refused should their spouses be notified.

Going first to the spouces, is not the first, or right course of action until an oportunity for repentance is given.

Daave

Be proud brother that you can't even spell it! :)

vERY FUNNY ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

How do you "witness" adultery anyway?

Unless the person saw them having sex, (which is weird in the first place, how that could ever happen!) he or she better be very very careful. There is no where in scripture that we are called to do this, there are plenty of admonishes in scripture about not doing it however.

I would go with scripture. However I would feel no compunction to be friends with the person you suspect of this activity though. If you are going to confront anyone I would confront the person who is suspected of cheating, they are the one who is in spiritual danger of un-repented sin, now the situation changes if this is taking place in a Christian congregation and it is known. Then the minister must act.

How do you "witness" adultery anyway?

Unless the person saw them having sex, (which is weird in the first place, how that could ever happen!) he or she better be very very careful. There is no where in scripture that we are called to do this, there are plenty of admonishes in scripture about not doing it however.

I would go with scripture. However I would feel no compunction to be friends with the person you suspect of this activity though. If you are going to confront anyone I would confront the person who is suspected of cheating, they are the one who is in spiritual danger of un-repented sin, now the situation changes if this is taking place in a Christian congregation and it is known. Then the minister must act.

The person saw them having sex. He was driving in a wooded area, which he does alot, and he drove up on a vehicle. The couple was in the back seat with doors wide open. He recognized the vehicle and then the couple. As I said earlier I do not know the couple, only the witness. I do not believe these people are involved in a church. Maybe I owe an apology here as I didn't give enough details in the first thread. Sorry if I was no detailed enough.

Edited by Times

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

It was not long ago that adultery was considered a crime in this country.

Why did the law change? Because as time past people in the world become more and more confortable with sin.

This shouldn't be the behavior of a true Christian. The word says that we should renew our minds. If somebody is a witness of adultery they should tell the other spouse of both parties.

Love your neighbore as yourself. This comandment is above any other.

Would you not like to know if your wife or husband have being unfaithfull to you?

leviticus 5:1

'If a person sins in hearing the utterance of an oath, and is a witness, whether he has seen or known of the matter--if he does not tell it, he bears guilt

You don't need a pastor or the Holy Spirit to reveal you certain things. You just need the word of God and some sanctified common sense.

In Love :blink: , Suzana