• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I have never watched American Idol....ever, until last night. I suffered through the first 15 minutes and was embarassed for those performing. It had to have been the saddest 15 minutes I have ever seen on TV. I cannot believe so many actually subject themselves to this crap week after week!

It's a given that even Hee-Haw or The Lawrence Welk Show are better than this tripe called American Idol! Personally, I like Spike TV's take off of it that they have during The Three Stooges-it's a short commercial advertising Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp and asking which one will be "the next American Awful?" :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I have never watched American Idol....ever, until last night. I suffered through the first 15 minutes and was embarassed for those performing. It had to have been the saddest 15 minutes I have ever seen on TV. I cannot believe so many actually subject themselves to this crap week after week!

It has not been like that week after week. Yesterday, they had to fill in the extra time they had before giving the result of the votes with some "entertainment". It was indeed so disgusting and depraved. When the whole show was only about the contestants singing, it was just fine.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

63.4 million people voted........that's more than any presidential election has ever recieved. What does this say about our culture?

Over 100 million voted in the 2000 election

Are you sure? I thought it was only around 50 million.

Regardless, 63 million votes is quite a bit...even if some are duplicates...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

im afraid it says that its pathetic what people are satifisied with entertaining there minds with... we should get them all on here...

sure theyd get much more out of a debate on here.... than listening to no hopers search for the wrong thing that wont fill the hole in the life that needs filling

I HATE REALITY TV

I hate TV period

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I hate to admit it, but I have been watching all season, and even picked the winner. I guess there goes my reputation as a right-wing religious extremists. :P

By the way, there is no limit on how many times people could vote and so that total was misleading.

True, I guess I just found it shocking. Likewise, with 200 million worldwide watching, 64 million isn't too suprising.

I'm suprised you watched it :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I hate to admit it, but I have been watching all season, and even picked the winner. I guess there goes my reputation as a right-wing religious extremists. :P

By the way, there is no limit on how many times people could vote and so that total was misleading.

I watched it too, and after they sent Chris (the bald guy with the MOST talent) home I turned it off!! Grrrr!!! I watched again last night to see who would win, though I already realized the public would vote for the most 'likeable' instead of the most talented. Obviously!!! :)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I watched it too, and after they sent Chris (the bald guy with the MOST talent) home I turned it off!! Grrrr!!! I watched again last night to see who would win, though I already realized the public would vote for the most 'likeable' instead of the most talented. Obviously!!! :)

I agree with you that Chris was the most talented, but I am not sure Taylor was the most likeable. I think Taylor was the most entertaining to watch and that is why he won. He also is very good at taking someone else's songs and doing them in a way that was uniquely his own. He could also do different styles well. If I were to guess as to why Chris was voted off when he was, it was likely the fact most thought of him as one dementional. He could sing differen't styles of songs, but was far more comfortable with the hard rock style. When it came to likeability, I hated to see things come to an end for Elliot. He was not the best talent on the show, but he has a good voice and seems to be a very humble person. I like Taylor because he is fun to watch, and ultimately that is why I think he won.

After Simon told Taylor that he reminded him of a drunk guy at a wedding trying to sing karaoke, thats all I could invision every time he got up there. LOL!

My picks were Chris and Katherine. And I thought Chris was very multi-dementional!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I hate to admit it, but I have been watching all season, and even picked the winner. I guess there goes my reputation as a right-wing religious extremists. :emot-LOL:

I've watched all season and I see some kids with God given talents who are brave enough to go out and use them.

Last year's winner won an award for her song "Jesus Take The Wheel". When I heard the song it was so inspiring and she's reaching such a large audience.

Clay Aiken is a Christian.

Several of the contestants on this season professed their faith in Christ not just in word but in song too.

I'm from Canada and 2 years ago, our winner was a Christian who professed his faith in song. Yes, I voted for him. The judges weren't impressed with his choice in song but alot of people, especially young teens heard it and found out where this young man stood in his belief and love of Jesus.

I like to see where God sends His kids to reach the people.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

SOUL PATROL!