IGNORED

Do Christians need to be patriotic in order to be godly?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I just read what I had written above and it sounds like "a great majority of NZs support" the actions of the NZ PM. I actually meant to say quite the opposite, that the PM has directly gone against the wishes of a vast majority of the population and her policies are "unpopular" to say the least.

WEll that happens in a fallible world. Though I do not know your government system, you should still have a say when election time comes around. If the people vote to keep her in, then that's how it is. Let me ask you...if you are not a patriot then why does it bother you what she has done to your nation? ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Try separating the people rom the nation. I see nations as being businesses. Patriotism is allegiance to what ever business your loyalty is with. Christianity should not be regarded as a business, but your loyalty should be with Christ. ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,036
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Now I am getting frustrated. Not only did you not address anything I responded to and covered, you're going back to old posts and still ignoring the entire thing and dropping the context. Please, I'm simply asking that you accept the context as is instead of taking it out so you can try and prove a point.

apothanein kerdos,

I posted your entire post this time . . . your very first post on this thread in its entirety . . . how can I be

You attempt to contradict me but instead end up strengthening my point. Paul had a love for Israelis and subsequently had a love for Israel. We often forget that a nation only exists so long as the people are in it. Antartica is not a real nation. Why? Becuase there are no permanent residents, it has no culture, it has no government, it has no ports, etc. The United States, however, is a real nation. Though I will hate its actions, I will never lose love for it because to lose love for a nation is to lose love for the people within that nation. People make up a nation, ESPECIALLY in a democratic republic like the United States. This is why I said we must have love for a nation, otherwise we lose the love of the people.

Really? Paul

I am sure your thoughts are crystal clear and well substantiated in your own head but they are not necessarily here. Some of what your present comes across as

Again, apothanein kerdos, I took the time to restore the quote link to my quotes so they can be referenced back to the original post and context. I have asked you twice to do this since you have quoted not only myself, but others as well with out providing acknowledgement. I thought for sure you would correct yourself since you seem to be quite sensitive to things that appear rude . . .

I am sure your thoughts are crystal clear and well substantiated in your own head but they are not necessarily here. Some of what your present comes across as

1) Paul advocated his own citizenship to Rome in Acts, thus if he truly believed that we were citizens of Heaven and had no citizneship on this physical earth, then he could not justifiably advocate his own citizenship

I responded to this in my Post #27.

I sure you read it since your first post was 4 post later. I

Don't bother responding any further, apparently you missed the last paragraph of my post:

I would appreciate a reply but I also ask that you cool down before you do so. Your last two replies were incredibly rude and downright offensive. Please do not mock me because I have actually taken the time to study, likewise, do not mock the calling that God has placed upon my life. I take no offense to that portion, however, keep in mind that you are mocking the very thing which God has called me to. That is not conductive for the body of believers and I ask that you stop. If your next reply is as rude as this one, then I will not reply to you. I have other things to do and other people to reply to, specifically some on this thread who have been polite in their replies. If you cannot do as them, then I want nothing to do with you.

To quote from you:

you have seriously weaken you credibility . . . maybe not as a professor, but certainly as a teacher of the things of God.

rather you are blameworthy of misrepresentation . . . are you a Democrat?

I think I just covered how groundless your statement is, but I hear if you say a lie long enough it becomes truth to some people. noidea.gif

I am here for an intellectual discussion/debate that benefits people and provides an education for all involved. You have shown you are more interested in getting cheap shots in and that you cannot carry on this conversation whilst controlling yourself. You were finally getting somehwere too, but unfortunately the way in which you respond leaves me no other choice but to drop this discussion with you. If you promise to cool down and stop taking pot shots, I will be more than happy to respond to your post. However, if you cannot make this promise, I see no point in continuing.

Don't bother responding any further, apparently you missed the last paragraph of my post:

No, I did not miss it. I was actually going to address it first . . . but felt it best to stick to a chronological response to your post(s). But since you are so upset, I will address it now . . .

I would appreciate a reply but I also ask that you cool down before you do so. Your last two replies were incredibly rude and downright offensive . . .

First, I am not hot and in need of cooling down. If you found my last to replies rude and offensive than I am apologize, my intention is to be blunt and direct. You keep making your

To quote from you:

you have seriously weaken you credibility . . . maybe not as a professor, but certainly as a teacher of the things of God.

rather you are blameworthy of misrepresentation . . . are you a Democrat?

I think I just covered how groundless your statement is, but I hear if you say a lie long enough it becomes truth to some people. noidea.gif

I have said what I said and stand by it.

A professor, or a teacher of the things of God should lead people down the path of understand, not just simply tell them