IGNORED

Do Christians need to be patriotic in order to be godly?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

AK quote

"TheChild...no offense, but I do not see how your post addresses what I wrote in response to you much less with this topic. If you could explain how it is a reply or even deals with this topic, I would be very grateful."

the question is, " Do Christians need to be patriotic in order to be godly?" and my point is that being involved with this world is not what we are called to do. our allegience is to the father and our eyes are to be set on the things above. we are to be "wise a serpents", yes, and have a clear mind and our eyes and ears open tso that we are aware, but not involved. it is, quite frankly, none of our business. just like it is none of any governments business what god people serve. but they certainly make it their business in many ways. it is the lords battle, not ours.

This ignores some of the scriptures I brought up and also ignores how I refuted these claims. That is what I was getting at mate :wub: You simply regurgitated the exact same thing without taking into consideration what I wrote. To me, that is rude because it ignores the hard work put into a post and instead is an underhanded way of saying, "Nope, I don't care what you said, I'm sticking with my rhetoric." It's just an offensive way to carry on a conversation, know what I mean?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Nothing like a good political discussion to bring WorthyBoards to a filibuster.... :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Does this verse not reflect how the Amish live? They've separated themselves from the vile, anything goes culture we live in so that they may live humble lives for the Lord. Not everyone is cut out to be a preacher. I wish I had the fortitude to abandon all the crap that society has brainwashed me into accepting, and learn to appreciate the simpler things in life. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Does this verse not reflect how the Amish live? They've separated themselves from the vile, anything goes culture we live in so that they may live humble lives for the Lord. Not everyone is cut out to be a preacher. I wish I had the fortitude to abandon all the crap that society has brainwashed me into accepting, and learn to appreciate the simpler things in life. :emot-hug:

They may have separated themselves from the world, but they still face temptations, they still have jealousies and envies. They still have crime, though they hid it and handle it themselves. Just because they are separate does not mean they are sin free.

It really doesn't matter. They are still ineffective to society and thus ineffective to Christ. It's a simple truth; anytime we refuse to engage culture in the way Christ told us to, we become worthless to Him....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  3,995
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I know you getting annoyed at us for not commenting on every word you have laboriously typed here, but I am presently limited in my time and therefore will address the parts that I feel necessary. On a forum, I will often post for the sake of the readers (non-posters) so as to provide another perspective for prayerful consideration . . . I

It really doesn't matter. They are still ineffective to society and thus ineffective to Christ. . .

Another broad and incredible statement condemning a whole group of believers . . .

They may have separated themselves from the world, but they still face temptations, they still have jealousies and envies. They still have crime, though they hid it and handle it themselves. Just because they are separate does not mean they are sin free.

This is true. As long as we all are in these frail earthen vessels of flesh we too will be subjected to temptations, jealousies and envies . . . which is why we are admonished to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

It is also scriptural for the Church to settle their matters of sin and crime amongst themselves instead of going before the public court system and bring reproach to the Name of Christ . . .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

blindseeker,

thank you for saying what my lack of patience would not allow.

I know you getting annoyed at us for not commenting on every word you have laboriously typed here, but I am presently limited in my time and therefore will address the parts that I feel necessary. On a forum, I will often post for the sake of the readers (non-posters) so as to provide another perspective for prayerful consideration . . . I