IGNORED

Is it possible to live a life free of hypocrisy?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/18/1984

Possible? YES! Probable? ABSOLUTELY!

Paul talks in Romans 2 about those who teach one thing then by there actions they do another. He says to them you that make your boast in the law, through breaking the law do you dishonor God? To which the obvious answer is yes. Because in the next verse he says for the name of God is blasphemed among the gentiles because of you.

Let me ask you this. You who boast in the gospel, by breaking the gospel do you dishonor God? The name of God is blasphemed among the nations because of you. Christ said He made you free. Forget little faith, if we don't believe that we have no faith. What is Paul talking about in Romans 3 when he says that the righteousness of God without the law is manifest, being witness by the law and the prophets? Even the righteousness which is by faith in Jesus Christ unto ALL and upon ALL them that believe. What righteousness is that? That's the righteousness which John talks about in all three of his letters. He says if you know Jesus is righteous then you know whoever does righteousness is born of Him. Let no man deceive you he that does righteousness is righteous as Christ is righteous. That's the righteousness that leads you to go and sin no more as Christ said. That's the righteous seed that dwells in you that makes it so you cannot sin (1Jo 3:6,9; 5:18; 2Jo 9-10; 3Jo 11). You see if you have the mind of Christ you will cease from sin. For the rest of your days you will no longer live unto the lusts of the flesh but to the will of God (1Pe 4:1-4). Then you'll give diligence to making your calling and election sure, you will never fall (2Pe 1:10).

If someone doesn't bring you this doctrine, that if you sin you're of the devil and if you abide in the doctrine of Christ you won't sin, don't receive them into your house, neither bid them godspeed. If you bid them godspeed you take part in their evil deeds (2Jo 9-10).

People take Romans 7 out of context to justify their hypocricy. Quoting Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

They miss the whole point of Romans 7. Instead of using it to continue the points in Romans 6 and using it to help explain what he is about to talk about in 8, they remove it all together from those two chapters and build doctrines as if it was a book unto itself. Consider. Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? Who of Paul's brethren knew the law? The Jew or the Gentile? The Jew, so Paul here is talking to the Jews. Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. You see Paul is making the same point here as he did in chapter 6. Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. You see he says for when we were (past tense)? Because now the old man is dead, crucified. So everything coming hereafter is his explaination of what took place when he was in the flesh. When he was in the flesh he was a pharisee of pharisees. That delighted in the law of God after the inner man, but still had that old man bringing him into bondage to the law of sin in his members. You see him say, Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. But he says in chapter 6... Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. So in chapter 6 he says your free from sin, in chapter 7 he says your sold under sin. Why the contradiction? Because he is not talking about him presently, but him in the flesh as a Jew. Why would Paul go through all this about being dead to sin just to tell them that it hasn't worked for him? It's like me saying Christ made me free, but I can't help myself. Sin has no hold on me, but I sure can't stop it. It's lunicy, idiocy, and illogical. You see Paul in the next chapter says that the carnal mind is emnity toward God because it is not subject to the law of God, neither can it be. Which is exactly what he is proving in chapter 7. That he in his carnal, fleshy state even as a Pharisee of Pharisees couldn't do as he willed. He'd will but he could not perform.

Paul in chapter 7 said this Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. He askes who will deliver him. Then states God through Jesus Christ our lord. Then sums up the whole point of chapter 7. Showing everyone the struggle which all Jews have. They have the law and believe it, but they can never perform it.

So how did God through Jesus Christ our Lord deliver Paul from the body of death? Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. THAT'S GOSPEL! There is no condemnation for all Christians? NO! There is no condemnation for those that walk after the Spirit. If you follow the flesh, Paul says in chapter 1 verse 18 that the wrath of God will be reveal against you who HOLD the TRUTH in unrighteousness. You hold it, and yet you keep following unrighteousness. Be assured it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus set him free from what? The law of sin and death? What law is that? Why that's the law he was just talking about in Romans 7! Let's keep reading. For what the law couldn't do, in that it was weak through the flesh (the law is spiritual but I am carnal sold under sin), God sending His own Son in likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. Why would God do that? So that the righteousness of the law... wait a second. What righteousness is that? The righteousness Paul was trying so hard to obtain in chapter 7. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

You see those that are in the flesh cannot please God. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. So I can either have Christ and walk by, live by, be in the Spirit, or I can continue in sin, walk in darkness, not know the truth, and be in the flesh without Christ.

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light (that's light without any darkness), we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. Now John is saying it to? Either I can have my sins cleansed and no longer walk in darkness, or I can walk in darkness and then how will my sins be cleansed. You see John said, 1Jo 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. What is it to abide in Him? 1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. That's something. 1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Wait... so if I have the hope of being called a son of God I'll purfy myself even as Christ was pure. That's PURE! That's being holy as He is holy. That's being righteous as He is righteous. That's going and sinning no more.

You see John had to reasons for writing the letter of 1John. First, that they would sin not (2:1). And 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. How can you know you have eternal life? 1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. What is it to love the brethen? 1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. You see God's commandments aren't a burden to us, they are our life, our joy, our peace. Because we have already overcome the world with it's affections and lusts. 1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

It's possible to not be a hypocrite. I have now not been one for several months. No glory to me all glory to God. For it was by faith in His word with which He creates, which is light, life, and truth, that He has worked in me both to will and do of His good pleasure. If He hadn't spoke those things which are not as if there were, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish anything. But since He pronounce me dead to sin, and I believe His word, His word mixed with my faith produced the miracluous work of His righteousness being revealed in someone such as me. His righteousness which was revealed in the law in it's perfection, has truly been revealed from faith to faith. In the Old Covenant to it being written on my heart and accomplished in my body in the New Covenant. Thank you Lord. Who is this King of Glory who lives inside me? He is the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle is He! The victory has been won, now I get the joy of watching it play out before my very eyes everyday. My joy and my glory is in watching God use my faith to overcome all temptations, trials, and tribulations all day every day. Thanks be to God who is never slack with His grace. Grace is unmerited favor. What does that mean? It's like this. I'm doing the dishes and am getting tired. His grace doesn't tell me, ok go sit down I'll finish up here. No His grace comes right beside me and works with me until I'm finished the job. It's unmerited favor in that I should be doing it all myself, but God used His word to work through me to put me to death and make me alive to Him and to Him alone.

Happy is he whose God is the Lord! He has given you all your need for life and godliness. That means He has given you all you need to not be a hypocrite. Will you believe Him? May God give you wisdom and understanding. He truly gives to all men generously and without finding fault. A gracious and merciful God is He! Ever loving and compassionate! It is our reasonable service considering all He has done for us to present our bodies as living sacrifices, HOLY and acceptable in His sight. That's reasonable. We should do it. We dishonor God when we don't. He is jealous. Today, if you hear His voice, harden not your heart as the children of Isreal did in the wilderness. They provoked Him to wrath and His anger was not turned from them. A generation died in the wilderness. God cut of Isreal and let us in because of their provokation. He said that we would be a people that would follow Him, unlike they. Let's be that people! Let's make our God proud to be called our God. Let's not make Him ashamed to be called our God. He has prepared a city for us, the true believers. He woed the Pharisees 8 times (7 if you read NIV) for being hypocrites. Do we expect He would woe us any less for us whom He has set free remaining in the same state those hypocrites did? He didn't set them free, and woed them 8 times. He set us free, and we think we can be like them and not receive the greater condemnation.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

A hypocrite is someone who pretends to be someone or something he or she is not. If one claims to be a Christian, he or she is claiming to have been forgiven of his or her sins and to have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ and to have been given the promise of eternal life. He or she also should have given a commitment to leave his or her former life behind and to follow Jesus. This is not a claim of perfection or sinlessness, but rather a claim of dependency on Jesus Christ for his or her future. So, one is not a hypocrite just for being human. One is a hypocrite if he or she claims to have turned from sin and yet continues to live in sin - a sinful lifestyle. I also think it has to do with intent, meaning if you say you are something but you willfully do something else, then that is hypocritical, or if you judge others for things you do yourself, that is also hypocritical because it is putting a standard on others that you yourself can not live up to.

What I think turns people off to Christianity is not the fact that Christians are imperfect or that they fail. Rather, I think it is that Christians pretend they are living godly lives, but they are willfully living sinful lifestyles - having the "form" of godliness but denying its power thereof. Or, it is that they look their noses down on others for their sins while they willfully live in sin themselves. I think it also has to do with whether or not Christians acknowledge their sin and repent of it when confronted or if they make excuses for it and continue living in sin.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/27/1986

If a man running a marathon tripped and fell would he be called a hypocrite?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/18/1984

If a man running a marathon tripped and fell would he be called a hypocrite?

If that man made a habit of tripping, yet claimed he wanted to win the race, yes. If he is running to win, he'll see how much that trip put him back and give all diligence to not tripping again and making up redeeming what time he has left in the race.

Pro 3:21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: 22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. 23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. 26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

The number one excuse by non-christians for not associating with us is..."the church is full of nothing but a bunch of hypocrits." The word means actor or one playing a role. It really surprises them when I say, "you are exactly right, we are all a bunch of hypocrits." Now, I'm convinced that we may be capable to maintain hypocrisy-free extended periods of time, but in this earthly existence we are never completely free of the contradiction of our actions not matching our desires. What do you think? Are we all hypocrits?

If hypocrisy in the common context means believing one thing and doing another, then there is a good chance we are. We believe we are supposed to be sinless and yet we still sin.

It can also mean holding one person to one standard and your self to a lesser one. That may or may not be true, and I hope it isn't.

However, if it means that our religion is a fake, well, we can't all be hypocrites can we? Not if we are true believers.