IGNORED

Why do most people think Muslims have the same God as Christians?

disjockey

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

amor

SO you know that is is a copy of the Jewish and christian belief , and even the Koran has chosen and left out parts they dom"t accept , and wanted in their created man made koran?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Birthday:  01/03/1947

May I suggest that one reason people think Muslims have the same God as Christians lies at the feet of both the leadership and layity of the saved church. Those who know better and are in a position of influence refuse to speak out and declare the truth. Whether this is because of a fear of offending someone or the result of intimidation or an effortt to be polictically correct, I don't know.

May I suggest that one reason people think Muslims have the same God as Christians lies at the feet of both the leadership and layity of the saved church. Those who know better and are in a position of influence refuse to speak out and declare the truth. Whether this is because of a fear of offending someone or the result of intimidation or an effortt to be polictically correct, I don't know.

Is the church really saved if it withholds the Truth?

• Content Count:  11
  • Birthday:  01/03/1947

Hello, man!

Not to avoid your question but 'll leave the salvation matter to the Lord. I used the term "saved church" in order to differinciate it from the "spiritually dead church" or apostate church.

I probably could have said it better. Thanks for your input.

Edited by filosofer2002

Hello, man!

Not to avoid your question but 'll leave the salvation matter to the Lord. I used the term "saved church" in order to differinciate it from the "spiritually dead church" or apostate church.

I probably could have said it better. Thanks for your input.

Same thing, different wording.

Now for the OP...people believe what they believe because no one has taught them any different.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Islam borrows from and rewrites adapts and modifies Jewish scriptures and indeed traditions rather than presenting us with something terribly new different.

Key things: Islam rewrites and modifies scripture. That makes islam false. Islam does not have the same God since islam reinvents God through their rewriting and modifications of Jewish scripture, and Christian scripture.

• Content Count:  13

tHANK FOR THAT REASON .

But wouldn't you think that is a shame to the gospel and to the church as such??

We are not to be ashamed of the gospel I thought? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Islam borrows from and rewrites adapts and modifies Jewish scriptures and indeed traditions rather than presenting us with something terribly new different.

Key things: Islam rewrites and modifies scripture. That makes islam false. Islam does not have the same God since islam reinvents God through their rewriting and modifications of Jewish scripture, and Christian scripture.

Paul has no problems in accepting the Pagan worshipers of an unknown God worship the true God. Muslims overtly claim to worship the same God as Christians, Jews and Samaritans, however faulty their doctrines I see no reason to challenged the idea that they do!. Jesus had no problems mixing with theaforementioned Samaritans despite the caims from the religious hierachy that theirs was a false faith.

Then Paul stood up at the Areopagus and said: 6 "You Athenians, I see that in every respect you are very religious.

For as I walked around looking carefully at your shrines, I even discovered an altar inscribed, 'To an Unknown God.' 7 What therefore you unknowingly worship, I proclaim to you.

The God who made the world and all that is in it, the Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in sanctuaries made by human hands,

nor is he served by human hands because he needs anything. Rather it is he who gives to everyone life and breath and everything.

He made from one 8 the whole human race to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he fixed the ordered seasons and the boundaries of their regions,

so that people might seek God, even perhaps grope for him and find him, though indeed he is not far from any one of us.

For 'In him we live and move and have our being,' 9 as even some of your poets have said, 'For we too are his offspring.'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But of course in the end, there is only one God in three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Any God, which is not, described this way, is false and of course has nothing to do with Christianity or the actual God. Part of the problem and I think confusion is a result of the rejection of the Trinity by some claiming to be Christians. Muslims have an intrinsically different view of God, as do those who practice modern Judaism.

But remember Muslims accept that Christ ascended to God, they affirm that He was born of a virgin, they accept Him as being from God, but the key difference comes down to His divinity, that He is part of God, that Christ Himself forgives our sins, something ONLY a God can do. If you do not accept the Trinity, if you do not accept that Christ IS God and man in one, then you essentially have an Islamic view of God. Mormons and JW"s for example have an Islamic understanding of God and Christ, rejecting the Trinity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Paul has no problems in accepting the Pagan worshipers of an unknown God worship the true God. Muslims overtly claim to worship the same God as Christians, Jews and Samaritans, however faulty their doctrines I see no reason to challenged the idea that they do!. Jesus had no problems mixing with theaforementioned Samaritans despite the caims from the religious hierachy that theirs was a false faith.

That unknown god wouldnt save them from sin though. Paul did not accept their unknown god as a valid god, but rather used it to show them the true living Lord. Muslims may claim to worship the same god, but if you look at who their god is, he isnt our Lord. Islam leads to eternal death. It is a demonic religion.