• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I agree that we personally are no match for a demon and only Jesus has power of them. My question is would Christ abandon us to a demon? If He would then yes we have much to fear, if we are assured of His protection as much as we are assured of His Grace, we have nothing to fear from demons.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I agree that we personally are no match for a demon and only Jesus has power of them. My question is would Christ abandon us to a demon? If He would then yes we have much to fear, if we are assured of His protection as much as we are assured of His Grace, we have nothing to fear from demons.

Christ NEVER abandons us. But He is a God of order. He is a God of rules. And when we break those rules, we suffer the consequences of doing so.

:)

So if we sin we get a demon?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1963

I had the great honor of being invited to Mexico on a mission trip years back and it changed some thoughts I felt I knew about demons. First of all, that trip was a real eye opener for me. Not only was it my first time visiting a third world country, but my eyes were literally opened to the fact that there are REAL demons that can over take a person and over power them. I saw what the Bible described as demon possesion and devils working through people. And their beliefs there were also intermingled with some weird stuff like voodoo, "white witch-craft"---which is plain witch craft to me and alot of superstition.

I had demons tell me their names when I was <actually asking for the name of the person itself>. And what surprised me was that the interpreter would ask the individual a question and <the individual would look at me (not with their eyes but with eyes that were empty and dark and blackened) and answer me in PLAIN ENGLISH>. I think demons have no choice but to answer us, as we have been given all power and authority in the Name of Jesus. They will give us the truth. It did shock me at first when I experienced these manifestations but the Holy Spirit leads us and guides us on what to do next. It was perfectly 'supernatural' to rebuke them and forbid them to play games with me. Shortly after my return home from the mission trip I did encounter some blatant manifestions. I guess I need to go out and do more missions. Getting out of our "familiarity" forces us to trust God more and to draw closer to Jesus.

I do not encounter much of this activity any more, well, in the USA and on home soil but I have seen manifestations of "Mockery"and facial expressions that can't seem to control themselves. I have a 'hunch' that the demons here in the U.S. are more religous in charactor and people are more 'prideful' and 'self righteous' than the third world countries. WE don't seem to have open doors to "spiritual" encounters as they do for the very reason being that we--and I am suggesting we is "our country", is alot like the pharisees and sadducees. Religious. Upright in our own ways and our own philosophies and theology of christianity.

I think the demons in our region are much more difficult to uproot and deal with head-on than third world countries, just for the reason that they blend in so well with what we confuse as strength and power. But then again, "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. So let's get to praying! And I must add, we need to know who we are in Christ Jesus. We are children of our Heavenly Father, high presits, Blessed, Forgiven, Without blemish, Servants of the Most High...add more on if you like to......

Blessings

Abrandnewgirl

Guest Chris777

I had the great honor of being invited to Mexico on a mission trip years back and it changed some thoughts I felt I knew about demons. First of all, that trip was a real eye opener for me. Not only was it my first time visiting a third world country, but my eyes were literally opened to the fact that there are REAL demons that can over take a person and over power them. I saw what the Bible described as demon possesion and devils working through people. And their beliefs there were also intermingled with some weird stuff like voodoo, "white witch-craft"---which is plain witch craft to me and alot of superstition.

I had demons tell me their names when I was <actually asking for the name of the person itself>. And what surprised me was that the interpreter would ask the individual a question and <the individual would look at me (not with their eyes but with eyes that were empty and dark and blackened) and answer me in PLAIN ENGLISH>. I think demons have no choice but to answer us, as we have been given all power and authority in the Name of Jesus. They will give us the truth. It did shock me at first when I experienced these manifestations but the Holy Spirit leads us and guides us on what to do next. It was perfectly 'supernatural' to rebuke them and forbid them to play games with me. Shortly after my return home from the mission trip I did encounter some blatant manifestions. I guess I need to go out and do more missions. Getting out of our "familiarity" forces us to trust God more and to draw closer to Jesus.

I do not encounter much of this activity any more, well, in the USA and on home soil but I have seen manifestations of "Mockery"and facial expressions that can't seem to control themselves. I have a 'hunch' that the demons here in the U.S. are more religous in charactor and people are more 'prideful' and 'self righteous' than the third world countries. WE don't seem to have open doors to "spiritual" encounters as they do for the very reason being that we--and I am suggesting we is "our country", is alot like the pharisees and sadducees. Religious. Upright in our own ways and our own philosophies and theology of christianity.

I think the demons in our region are much more difficult to uproot and deal with head-on than third world countries, just for the reason that they blend in so well with what we confuse as strength and power. But then again, "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. So let's get to praying! And I must add, we need to know who we are in Christ Jesus. We are children of our Heavenly Father, high presits, Blessed, Forgiven, Without blemish, Servants of the Most High...add more on if you like to......

Blessings

Abrandnewgirl

what you said about demons in america making ppl proud and overconfident is very very true but they do lots of other things as well this may just be the way they choose to appear to you and me personally since they know you know theyre demons they want you to think they are really great and powerful when really they tremble at the name of

Jesus inside. What you said about a demon telling you the truth??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! oplease dont believe anything a demon tells you for a second! All they do is lie lie lie lie even when they tell the truth theyre mocking (ex.. "what do you want with us son of God?" they werent giving acknowledgement they were mocking! anything a demon says is against truth, truth is all God can say while all a demon can say since he is in rebellion to God is lies or something that doesnt line up with the fact that Christ has come in the flesh. In fact this is the exact way in which the bible teaches us to identify an evil spirit!!!!!!!! heres the verse

1st John 4:3 "Any spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God...." how can this be true if demons called jesus the Son of God in the Bible (which they did) because they werent really confessing it at all they were mocking him! anything whatsoever a demon says is for an ungodly purpose since they are in rebellion and in no way biblically are they at all req to tell you the truth and if you ever hear the truth from them then it is for some ungodly purpose. ty :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Amen!

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have read that there is a demon named Thaddeus..there are also demons ive read about that call themselves, lust, death, self-pity, etc.

• 9 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/12/2007 at 12:35 PM, abrandnewgirl said:

I think the demons in our region are much more difficult to uproot and deal with head-on than third world countries, just for the reason that they blend in so well with what we confuse as strength and power.

Many people don't know nor realize they are oppressed by demons, and their family and church often have no idea either.

It is also as Jesus said - He could not do many miracles in some towns,  because the people were so full of unbelief (the usa is known for this by  worldwide ekklesia for about a century, +/- whatever )

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Not sure why you're replying to someone who hasn't been on this site for ten years, jeff.  Another oldie thread?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Not sure why you're replying to someone who hasn't been o this site for ten years, jeff.  Another oldie thread?

Maybe he just wants to be sure no one will argue with him :blink: 

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/30/2006 at 10:42 PM, a7chris said:

I had alot of ministers addressing demons by their names. I want 2 know if this names were given to them by men thru there manifestations, or there original name?

I think when a pastor says demon of depression for example, he is using his faith and speaking to that spirit. Its impossible to know the actual names of demons. Unless we lived in heaven and came down to earth.