• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am not going to throw the topic off, but I do need to ask why the spelling of "Saviour" is significant. I spell it that way because I am Canadian. The British also spell it that way, and if I'm not mistaken, so do the Australians and any other Commonwealth country.

Can you explain what you mean? Thanks. :b:

Edited by Floatingaxe

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

We also know there are false Christs.... so you can know there will be devils that call themselves Christ or messiah.

We know there is another gospel being taught.... so you can know there is "false gospels" "twister" and the like.

Should men in anyway be refered to by the title 'savior' or call themselves as such? Would such a belief/teaching be a doctrine of demons? If I were to call myself 'savior' and others like myself, would I not be considered a false little Christ?

Just curious what others thought about this.

Probably.

No such thing as a "false little Christ", just false christs.

Isa 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Notice the way Saviour is spelled there is a significance.

LT

"Saviour' is Middle English from old French... The word 'savior' is in my American Heritage Dictionary but not 'saviour'. Other versions beside the one you quoted translate the Hebrew into English as 'savior'.

So what do you mean?

Apologies for getting off topic...

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

erased comment

Edited by JustinM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

I've worked with a few true Demon Exercizing preachers (not pastors), that worked the streets with the homeless. I've learned a few things about it shared by them, that taught me to look at "Exorcists" differently before. There's are a few things imparted upon me.

1.) Most of those who Exorcize demons, are unable to tell between true demon possession, and things of the flesh.

-One preacher told me of a few times when during a service, one or two people would be in the back banging their heads up against the wall during his sermon. But he recognized that these were men who were acting in the flesh to get attention. The preacher kept on preachin, and eventually they stopped and sat down when they realized they weren't getting the attention they were after.

-Another time, a 'demon' told another preacher while he was preaching "If you do not stop teaching this bible, I will kill my host". The Pastor sensing it was just flesh replied "That's nice. Now quit interrupting me and pay attention!". Guy befuddled, sat down with a blank expression. More on this in a sec.

2.) Demons mostly will not expose themselves with the desire to distrupt sound teaching.

-Not all demons are stupid, and they know if they bring attention to themselves when a true believer is nearby, their chances of remaining as they are are slim to none. Humans manifest these things for their own edification.

3.) Exorcizing demons is NOT like it is in "The Exorcist" where the process is long and drawn out, with incantations and so forth. It is instantaneous upon the believer's command that the unclean spirit leave.

4.) Special status isn't a requirement for Liberating someone of a demon.

-A preacher told me that once he had been at a church camp, and everyone stood around watching a demon possessed teenager rolling around on the ground. No one stepped forward but instead waited for the councilor to show up, figuring he was the only one with authority to exorcize a demon. The councilor came, and attempted, but the demon would not leave. Finally a young boy, shorter than the rest stepped out of the crowd and came and stood by the teenager who was now bleeding from the physical trauma inflicted by the demon. He looked at the teenager and simply stated "Leave", and immediately the teenager's body went limp as if dead. Soon he came to himself and was helped up and taken to the nurse station. They went looking for the boy who slipped away from the crowd, and found him swinging on a nearby swingset laughing with his sister.

5.) Demons, much like the body of believers, all are of the same kind (unclean spirits) and all have their "dark gifts" and callings, but these two things aren't by which they are to be labeled.

-The demon "Legion" was actually more of a "gathering" of unclean spirits. This is how they wished to be associated in name, so this is what they gave. Each spirit within would have their own names, because being former angels, they had names themselves. (Remember Michael and Gabriel and Luficer...)

6.) Demons cannot possess those sanctified by the Spirit of G-d.

Arg I have to stop, but I'll put more if interested. (Getting ready for bed)

Shalom

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I'm very interested, Naz. :thumbsup: I'd love to know more, when you have the time. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

"An exorcism should not be a drawn out process, but it can be. Even the apostles failed to exorcise a demon. It can turn into a process. If the faith of the exorcist is weak, and he runs into a strong demon; it can be quite a drawn out process. A demon can not fully possess a christian, but they can oppress them to the point that you have to be spiritually keen to know the difference."

Very true, and they were scolded by Jesus for their lack of belief. In Acts, some people (who weren't saved) tried to exercize a demon and it beat them badly to where they ran away naked (that's a preeetty bad beating if you ask me).

This is also important because I was instructed that:

1.) Only the Saints have the authority to exercize demons.

2.) Demons recognize a believer on sight.

3.) Going into a situation where the Kingdom of Unclean Spirits is working, without being prepared spiritually for what is ahead, and not being a believer... can be dangerous, even deadly.

-You can't just say "Oh I'm going to the park today, and gonna lay hands on some homeless people and exorcize demons" because it doesn't work like that. One preacher I know worked with a pastor in Africa who had some students who believed they could just up and stroll out of their house and go to a village with demonic activity and be fine without preparation. 5 students were killed, 3 being eaten alive by the village, the other two had their skins pulled off their bodies while alive, and rolled around in the dirt and buried legs in the air. The skins were then tanned and written on with the words "Send us more" and sent back with 3 remaining students who were only beaten and let to live. The living students told stories of such evil that one commited suicide shortly after, and the other two left the village and were never seen again.

This is an example of what happens to people that aren't prepared to face the Kingdom of Darkness.

A demon can not fully possess a christian, but they can oppress them to the point that you have to be spiritually keen to know the difference.

Fundamentally, a true Christian is not able to be oppressed by demons, but those who are of a weaker faith are able to, true. I once read a book from this baptist guy who wrote about his experiences as an excorcist, and I showed it to a few of the preachers I knew who had worked in the field, and one of their most commented disagreeances were when he (the baptist guy) said that spirits were oppressing him to the point of it manifesting in the spirit. One preacher commented "I think we all know what yoke *this* man is under." For we have not the spirit of oppression, but of liberty and freedom. Christ is the only yoke we bear if we serve him faithfully.

4.) When exorcizing a demon, it is imperative that one do so in purity and good faith. Meaning, don't be insulting the demon or trying to get all hateful to it.

-One preacher told me of doing missions work with a fellow preacher while an exorcism was taking place. And while he was starting to exorcize the demon, he began insulting the demon calling it names and declaring it's weakness. Which was a no-no. People listen to me. Even the scriptures warn against insulting the fallen Celestial beings. Even the angel that wrestled with Satan over the body of Moses didn't stoop to insulting him, but yet his reply was that G-d would deal with him. How many times did you see Jesus insult demons? Is there to be name calling? No.

Arg cleaning my desk space. More later.. lol

Shalom

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Wow. I sit here and read as my eyes open wider and wider. can someone please go into a little more detail about opression please. I have heard much about it. (the word opression that is) Yet I cannot even tell you what it is. Please tell me.

Colleen

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

I would be very suspicious of any minister who claims to be on a first name basis with any demon. There are many who are deceived

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

I would be very suspicious of any minister who claims to be on a first name basis with any demon. There are many who are deceived