a7chris

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

And if you say that Christians can't be oppressed by demons then that also goes to say that the demons just leave people alone when they finally get saved, right? That they either can't or just won't bother to harrass people in the way that they might have done before 'cause they don't want to get too close? but then if they were to change tactic like that, and I dont see how they would just let up on all Christians with strong faith because that wouldn't make much of a war out of it, would it?, then would the new tactic merely be to use other people or outside situations to undermine or harrass believers?

The knowing names of the demons, at least at the time of deliverance seems to make sense, 'cause at least that way, as I think it was explained with functions, the person driving them out can know how/why they are there and then can close those doors off to future intrusions of demonic hordes. It seems like a difficult process anyway, cause there's that verse in the Bible where Jesus tells His disciples about how when a demon is kicked out of its home (human host) it can go away for a while and then will come back with friends in order to get its place back?

Edited by heartofstone

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Hmmm a subject I know alot about, but say little about most the time, Ok, for one, I used to be into demonism, literaly worship and study of demons, Which really messed me up before I was saved, What I realized is yes, Demons reveal their names, But to adress them by their names, is not in doctrine, and is not of God, Honestly, a demon is a demon, why give it a title such as a name? The only biblical account of a demon giving it's name, is legion, which legion is not it's name, it only means, "We are many". I do feel that it is wrong, and demonic to even give them names, Why give them a title? or to know their names.

I still suffer from things in the past. Which, I am still opressed from demonic presences, Like somthing touching me every night in a sexual way that I cannot see, I've prayed and prayed, tried rebuking it, Got rid of everything I can that was not of God, and yes it still is here, I've fasted, and it's still there, Now, one thing about it, I somehow knew it was called a sucubus, Before I even knew what that name was, Now, when I searched for info about it, various sites listed that name and was in full detail of the same events that are occuring now.

The only answer I recieved about it was that God's grace is sufficiant for me, He is made strong in my weakness. Now thats hard to swollow, so now I'm trusting God, and waiting for his timing, in hopes to be releaced from this bondage, Now, giving it a name, How do I honestly feel about that, I don't feel it's right because it connects on a more personal level, it is a demon, just like every other demon, and it too is subject to the power and grace of Jesus Christ, through his blood we are free, and he has authority over it.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Lifting you up in prayer, Josh.

Lifting you up in prayer, Josh.

Hey thanks, :hug

True hr. jr.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I would be very suspicious of any minister who claims to be on a first name basis with any demon. There are many who are deceived

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

All demons have the same name in my vocab, but I cant print it here. :red_smile:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hmmm a subject I know alot about, but say little about most the time, Ok, for one, I used to be into demonism, literaly worship and study of demons, Which really messed me up before I was saved, What I realized is yes, Demons reveal their names, But to adress them by their names, is not in doctrine, and is not of God, Honestly, a demon is a demon, why give it a title such as a name? The only biblical account of a demon giving it's name, is legion, which legion is not it's name, it only means, "We are many". I do feel that it is wrong, and demonic to even give them names, Why give them a title? or to know their names.

I still suffer from things in the past. Which, I am still opressed from demonic presences, Like somthing touching me every night in a sexual way that I cannot see, I've prayed and prayed, tried rebuking it, Got rid of everything I can that was not of God, and yes it still is here, I've fasted, and it's still there, Now, one thing about it, I somehow knew it was called a sucubus, Before I even knew what that name was, Now, when I searched for info about it, various sites listed that name and was in full detail of the same events that are occuring now.

The only answer I recieved about it was that God's grace is sufficiant for me, He is made strong in my weakness. Now thats hard to swollow, so now I'm trusting God, and waiting for his timing, in hopes to be releaced from this bondage, Now, giving it a name, How do I honestly feel about that, I don't feel it's right because it connects on a more personal level, it is a demon, just like every other demon, and it too is subject to the power and grace of Jesus Christ, through his blood we are free, and he has authority over it.

It's interesting on this case then about the names. I dont mean to be wishy-washy in agreeing with whatever new thing is said, but it was actually on my mind recently, the status of demons...even how giving in to them, when they try to scare the believer or non believer, is giving them an edge they just don't deserve, I mean, they could claim a right to it, but they're so far beneath us...since they rejected God and can't turn back? I don't know if that's another crazy thought, or unfair to consider.... I had once read though about the people who worship satan and his demons and some would even get themselves branded (tattooed really but it's really like a brand, imo) with the demon's name on their own person, giving that demon charge of them. that's scary.

It's interesting on this case then about the names. I dont mean to be wishy-washy in agreeing with whatever new thing is said, but it was actually on my mind recently, the status of demons...even how giving in to them, when they try to scare the believer or non believer, is giving them an edge they just don't deserve, I mean, they could claim a right to it, but they're so far beneath us...since they rejected God and can't turn back? I don't know if that's another crazy thought, or unfair to consider.... I had once read though about the people who worship satan and his demons and some would even get themselves branded (tattooed really but it's really like a brand, imo) with the demon's name on their own person, giving that demon charge of them. that's scary.

actualy that is very common amung some, I understand what yoru saying and agree with ya, and no it's not just a crazy thought. :noidea::o The status of demons, they scare, cause fear leads to bondage,

romans 8: 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out,