IGNORED

Im new and I need help!

Guest notsosureaboutthis

Guest notsosureaboutthis

Please someone help me. I keep trying to find something to keep this knawing inside of me at rest. I haven't found it, but a friend suggested I turn to God. Why should I turn to someone I don't know and trust. Please someone help me understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

Please someone help me. I keep trying to find something to keep this knawing inside of me at rest. I haven't found it, but a friend suggested I turn to God. Why should I turn to someone I don't know and trust. Please someone help me understand.

Hi notsosure,

Welcome to Worthy! I'm glad you decided to drop in.

You shouldn't turn to someone you don't know and trust.............until you get to know them and learn they can be trusted. Why not stick around and ask whatever questions you might have about God. Check out a few threads and see what He's about. Better yet, pick up a Bible and begin to get to know Him a bit. If you invite Him to help you get to know Him, He will.

And once you do realize who He is, you will find that He can be trusted. And, He will fill that void within you.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Peace,

Fiosh

;)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/18/1980

Seek and ye shall find.

Knock and the door will be opened unto you.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I would recommend that you pick up a Bible and read the Gospels of Jesus. (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Welcome to Worthy not -so sure.That little empty place is called your soul,onlyJesus can fill it.Do as Fiosh has suggested,i promise you wpnt be sorry. ;):):21:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Welcome to Worthy not -so sure.That little empty place is called your soul,onlyJesus can fill it.Do as Fiosh has suggested,i promise you wont be sorry. ;):):21:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am so glad you decided to come here! I would suggest you consider turning to God as your friend suggested, because He knows YOU... and He is so trustworthy! He sent His son Jesus to live among men and die for our sins and rise again so we won't have to be judged unworthy and we can move from this life to be with Him forever! Because of Jesus! All for the love He has for me and you!

It is a very rewarding life having Jesus in it! Not without trials, but certainly with the promises of victory! God's countless promises are for His own people and they are true!

Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sin and come into your life and live His life through you. You will never, ever regret it! He will never leave you alone or lonely!

I will be praying for you tonight. ;)

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey notsure,

Axe is 100% right on this one... turning to Christ? You've got nothing to loose! Just think... we all go through trials in our lives.. things that aren't the best of circumstances.. but not even considering heaven, God is with us every step of the way... he is your friend at two in the morning when you are worried about something for the coming day.. he is the one that knows even the number of hairs on your head... He can give you a peace that no one else can and He wants to be bless you.. God wants for you to be happy :) Only through Christ can one be happy.

Without Christ.. we have no purpose. I mean really, I am incensed that after 12 years of schooling, I have not been given the answer to probably the most important question in life, "Why am I here?". God gives us a reason to live, a reason to keep going even when times get touch.. and we someone with us all the way.. it is truly special to know the Lord.

Besides, why not trust God? What have you got to loose? God is great :21: Try reading the bible a little bit.. the new testament is a great place to start :24: Just give it a try adn see what you think :24:

And hey, I'll be praying for you :)

Crystal ;)

Guest Thomas I Believe
Hey notsure,

Axe is 100% right on this one... turning to Christ? You've got nothing to loose! Just think... we all go through trials in our lives.. things that aren't the best of circumstances.. but not even considering heaven, God is with us every step of the way... he is your friend at two in the morning when you are worried about something for the coming day.. he is the one that knows even the number of hairs on your head... He can give you a peace that no one else can and He wants to be bless you.. God wants for you to be happy :blink: Only through Christ can one be happy.

Without Christ.. we have no purpose. I mean really, I am incensed that after 12 years of schooling, I have not been given the answer to probably the most important question in life, "Why am I here?". God gives us a reason to live, a reason to keep going even when times get touch.. and we someone with us all the way.. it is truly special to know the Lord.

Besides, why not trust God? What have you got to loose? God is great :) Try reading the bible a little bit.. the new testament is a great place to start :) Just give it a try adn see what you think :)

And hey, I'll be praying for you :)

Crystal :rolleyes:

Ditto and Amen !!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Jesus said

Luk 9:25 What profit will a person have if he gains the whole world, but destroys himself or is lost?

For most of those who post here, the answer to that question is "none". We have found that same emptiness you mentioned, which is common, and found that we have it filled in Christ.

Jesus also said

Mat 7:7 "Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you.

Mat 7:8 For everyone who keeps asking will receive, and the person who keeps searching will find, and the person who keeps knocking will have the door opened.

Mat 7:9 "There isn't a person among you who would give his son a stone if he asked for bread, is there?

Mat 7:10 Or if he asks for a fish, he wouldn't give him a snake, would he?

Mat 7:11 So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who keep on asking him!

As the others would testify, we have found Him to be true, and trustworthy. The very fact that you are seeking is a step in the right direction. We hope you will follow the advice and direction given, and we expect that God is already at work in your life to reveal Himself to you, perhaps through people you already know. We look forward to hearing more from you. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Amen!Sounds like GOD maybe stirring your heart :24: