• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

with all the stuff going on right now

i was wondering when u think the rapture will happen?

i just want to hear people's opinions on this

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rapture is a topic i have always been a bit confused about, on one hand bible phophecies seem to point to specific events taking place before the end , and we are seeing alot of it coming together. I wonder where the rapture fits in, i would like to see the scriptures that supports rapture. if rapture is going to take place unexpectedly what about the specific events the bible speaks off?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The rapture will occur whenever YOU are ready to rise to meet the Lord in the Clouds (that 'great Cloud of Witnesses' the Bible talks about).

"The Lord Himself shall descend (literally 'down step' or 'out step') from heaven...." But where is Heaven? "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you!"

So when Jesus steps out of heaven, where will He come from? And where will you go to?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1962

According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left til the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/14/1969

I have heard so many different things preached about the rapture

Some have said that Christians will be raptured BEFORE the great tribulation

and then others have said Christians will have to GO THROUGH it

I dont know who to believe :40: ... because each preacher backs up his or her teaching with scripture

All I know is a few important things and I will remember.... :blink:To LOOK UP, keep my LAMP FULL, Keep MY EYES on JESUS, keep a short account with God and REPENT for my sin,TAKE up my CROSS, LIVE my life for Christ, be willing to DIE for Christ, STAND for the TRUTH, KNOW the WORD and keep it as a LIGHT unto my feet and a LAMP unto my path, know JESUS well as my SAVIOUR and LORD, SERVE Him faithfully, LOVE the LORD with all my HEART, SOUL, MIND and STRENGTH...

and IF Jesus comes tonight...I WILL BE READY :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I don't see a scenario for end times just yet. Now if hundreds of millions where to just suddenly vanish. Hmmmm. The world would really be thrown into a tailspin. Everyone left would be looking for something ANYBODY to calm things down. Right now it appears as if the U.S. is the only true allie Israel has. Europe dosen't seem to care much about Israel's fate. Take all of the pro-zoinist evengelicals out off the picture in the States and then the U.S. would probably nolonger back Israel. This now means that a tiny little country that has less of a population than some of our large cities will be facing a hostile antisemetic jew-hating world. If the army's of the Earth were to attack Israel, Israel (on paper) would obviously loose, unless God himself were to step in. I don't know what to thing about the Rapture for sure. I certainly wouldn't attach any dogma to this idea. But who knows?

Dan

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Lawyer for God: Before you get too carried away with this novel 'end times' drivel which passes for sound doctrine these days, please go to the Greek text, and find ANYWHERE that mentions a period of time called THE Great Tribulation.

Once you have seen that the very phrase itself is a hoax perpetrated on the Church, I'm sure your studies will lead you in many interesting directions.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Only the Father knows

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Lawyer for God: Before you get too carried away with this novel 'end times' drivel which passes for sound doctrine these days, please go to the Greek text, and find ANYWHERE that mentions a period of time called THE Great Tribulation.

Once you have seen that the very phrase itself is a hoax perpetrated on the Church, I'm sure your studies will lead you in many interesting directions.

Some hoax?

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no nor ever shall be" (Matt. 24:21).

"And except these those days should be shortned, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened" (Matt. 24:22).

There must be a future tribulation for people to come out of it. This fact is also revealed in Revelation.

"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:13-14).

Before you go accusing Lawer for God of getting carried away with drivel as you so rudly put it, maybe you should take some of your own advice and read these Scriptures.

What is meant by the rapture of the church is the catching up of all true believers in Christ to meet the Lord in the air. This even is simply and clearly predicted in 1 Thess. 4:13-17; 1 Cor. 15:23, 51-58; Phil. 3:20, 21; John 14:1-3; Luke 21:34-36; Col. 3:4 and other passages. In fact, it would be hard to understand how even one person could fail to understand such a doctrin if he would be honest and believe what is plainly written in these passages.

The rapture of the church is called "the coming of the Lord" but never the second coming of Christ.