• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

UN humanitarian chief Jan Egeland made an emergency appeal for $150 million dollars in humanitarian aid to help Lebanon through the next three months, following the damage caused by Israel's offensive.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/jpost-com-s...rticle-Printer/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1989

that makes me soo mad. People freak out when Isreal stars whoop n some butt when they get attacked. Is anyone calling for aid for the Iseralites who are getting attacked by 100s of katushya rockets everyday?? NO. Makes me soo mad how the world is so blind to this extreme terriost. And we have to send our trooops to take them out of places which shouldnt have needed to be done but it did because the rest of the world can not stand up for themselves and have a liberal political view on everything. sorry for the rant but pray for Isael.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

that makes me soo mad. People freak out when Isreal stars whoop n some butt when they get attacked. Is anyone calling for aid for the Iseralites who are getting attacked by 100s of katushya rockets everyday?? NO. Makes me soo mad how the world is so blind to this extreme terriost. And we have to send our trooops to take them out of places which shouldnt have needed to be done but it did because the rest of the world can not stand up for themselves and have a liberal political view on everything. sorry for the rant but pray for Isael.

Do you consider your to be a particularly Christian attitude?

Guest shiloh357

I'll been praying for all of the INNOCENT people regardless if they reside in Israel or Lebanon. Thank God the U.N. is there in such cases. Contrary to your closed-box thinking it's not a liberal politic view. It's a humanitarian view and may the Good Lord will grant you a wee bit of it one day soon.

I do not wish to see any innocents killed, but do support Israel's right to do whatever is necessary to ensure the firing of these miscles into their country comes to an end. As for the U.N., I support it's abolishment. We should have never gotten mixed up with the U.N. in the first place and spending tax money proping up this communist filled organization is absurd.

I agree the UN has outlived its usefulness. Israel should pull out of the UN as well.

That is the problem with the U.N. They are set up as "an international governing body." As I see it, each country is a sovereign nation and must stand or fall on its own. We don't need and international organization like the U.N. going about usurping authority over the nations of this world. In addition, you say that they keep "in check renegade dictators and self-destructive wannabe dictators," when in reality they put these people in positions of authority.

When did they install all these dictators then? Give us a few examples.

The reality of the UN is that it is fairly powerless as no decision can be taken if one of the five permanent security council members (China, France, the USA, Russia or Britain) vetoes it. As to its membership it is all the governments of the nations of the world, no more no less - none of which seem at all keen ongiving up their power to the UN.

AS to it being a

communist filled organization is absurd.

If the likes of John Bolton are communists, I'm a Christmas tree.

Do you consider your to be a particularly Christian attitude?

im not sure what you are asking, but i think you are asking if what i said is a Christian attitude. I believe it is. Indeed we need to give humantarian aid to Leabon. im not saying we shoudlnt. But what about ISreal??? Leabon got what was coming to them. ISreal was attacked first and retaillated. So many people talk about the poor leabon civilians. GUYS I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT IT IS TRUE. CIVILIANS DIE IN WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS. BUT THATS LIFE. IT IS LIKE NOW ADAYS PEOPLE GET UPSET AT WAR AND WANT TO BRING OUR TROOPS HOME BECAUSE SOME CIVILS DIED. the media makes it out to look like the military of the USA and ISreal are civililan murders. Many marines have died in Iraq because they didnt want ot kill iinnocent civilians. Or they let enemies get away for fear of hitting civilians. so any one who thinks Isreal is doing wrong beacuse civilians leabonese civilians are dieng are just dumb. hesbollah are keeping civilians from leaving. Hesbollah is hurting their civilians more than Isreal. So as far as im concerned i think we should get some aid for leabonse but also and more to Isreal. IF the LEABONESSE GOVERNEMT CAN NOT HELP THEIR OWN CIVILIINAS HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THEY KEEP MORE TERRIOST OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY ONCE THIS IS OVER. Its time Governemtns grow up and stop looking for handouts from the UN and US>

And on a secoun thought. THe UN is completely useless. Just like the European Union Couldnt stop World War II they cant stop terriosm. THe Eu negioated with Hitler who ened up killing millions. All the power the Un has is to negioate useless negotation and give in to the terriost of the world. Un is a waste of time and money. And its corrupt.

And on a secoun thought. THe UN is completely useless. Just like the European Union Couldnt stop World War II they cant stop terriosm. THe Eu negioated with Hitler who ened up killing millions. All the power the Un has is to negioate useless negotation and give in to the terriost of the world. Un is a waste of time and money. And its corrupt.

Erm, as the European Union was created after the second world war, criticising it for not stopping it seems a little illogical. Did the leadership get into some big time-ship (no doubt UN funded) to negotiate with Hitler?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Perhaps this time the money and aid will actually get to the people that need it and not be diverted in some scam again. The only way to do that with any kind of surety is to put UN troops on the ground to watch things.

I wonder how many countries will volunteer for that particular duty? :thumbsup:

t.

PS- Any guesses as to which country will foot most of the bill on the money given?

PPS- Is it just me, or is this the worst spelled thread in Worthy history?

My eyes are spinning! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why does anyone believe the UN will do any better now than they've been doing in the region?