OneAccord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I see a lot of folks getting really caught up in the study of prophecy, hoping to be one-up on what's going on in this crazy world.

I spent the whole summer studying the OT prophets line by line, hours and hours. I feel like I have barely dusted the surface, it's a lifelong pursuit.

How has it profited me? I hope I can be a discerner of the times, and be able to recognize deception, and warn others who might fall prey to deception.

But Jesus said He would come like a thief in the night, I could study prophecy all day long, and still be caught unawares when He comes.

The question I ask myself this morning, is how do the words and warnings of the prophets help me to a deeper love for my God, and how do they help me to love my neighbor more fully?

I pray for us all that as we study prophecy and look for signs of His coming, that we would be resting fully in the comfort and hope that He offers to those who love Him, and laboring and serving in the fear and awe of Him and His righteous judgement.

I pray we be set free from the bonds of deception and the foolishness of the world.

I pray the visions, images and metaphors of the coming day set forth by the Lord our God by the mouth of His prophets would give us a burning desire in our hearts to yield ourselves fully to His will, that none of our thoughts, actions and deeds would be in opposition to His purpose. That these prophecies would drive us to a deeper commitment to our Precious Lord and Saviour, and all that we do each new day would bear the fruits thereof.

Purify us, O Lord, in the fire of these visions of the wrath to come! :il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Amen!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadow2b

---

----But Jesus said He would come like a thief in the night, I could study prophecy all day long, and still be caught unawares when He comes.

NO YOU WILL-NOT BE CAUGHT UNAWARES------

REV.3.vs.3-------

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard,and hold fast,and repent.IF therefore

thou shalt NOT watch,I will come on thee as a thief,and thou shalt not know what hour I will come

upon thee......

YOU & ME-& EVERYONE ELSE THAT "WATCHES" {studies--prays--seeks} THE LORD --DAILY--HOURLY

WE SHALL NOT BE CAUGHT UNAWARES------WE ARE looking for the LORD'S RETURN---HOW can you

even suggest or think that you or any of GOD'S children would be caught UNawares??????

PLEASE doNOT be "fearful--doubtful--scared" EITHER WE are saved --BLOOD-BOUGHT-BIBLE-

BELIEVING-SPIRIT-FILLED-children of the-MOST HIGH-GOD--JESUS-YESHUA IS OUR LORD & SAVIOUR

OR HE ISN'T--PERIOD------ROM.10--9-10-11--------

I HAVE BELIEVED THEREFORE HAVE I SPOKEN-----{haven't you????}--------

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN---------SO LET IT BE DONE------------

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

"But you brethren are not in darkness, that the day would over take you like a thief" 1 Thes 5:4

Hi Oneaccord,

Keep studying the prophecy, Revelation is a whole book of prophecy and God gives us a special blessing for reading it.

We are called as watchman, and to discern the times so we can warn an unrepentant world of the coming judgement.

God Bless

Kevin

We must watch, we must study and we must be prepared! I do not believe in the pre-trib rapture and I want to be able to help everyone that I can to see what is happening and how everything is in alignment with God's word. I do not believe that we need to be taken by surprise and shame on us if we are. We are told to watch and discern the signs of the times. Jesus did ot give us the signs for no reason!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Kelly,

I always ask those who are not pre-trib how much survival and food stuff they have stored away. You need about seven years of food, water, supplies, guns, ammo. You will need to purchase one of those abandoned silos to live in up in Montana to keep all this stuff ready.

Anything less is just too horrible to think about if you have a family. To not have all that preparation and to know how horrible it will be.

If you need links for survival sites just let me know.

- Steve ;)

Journey, are you being serious or sarcastic? Sorry, but I honestly can't tell ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

One Accord,

Yeah, I am speaking tongue in cheek!!

But it does make one think. If you believe that the Church will suffer through the great tribulation and have a family then I think you have some responsibiliy to make physical preparation for their survival. To allow your children to starve when you could have prepared is horrible.

Having lived through a bad hurricane while living in Florida I can tell you that now my family is well prepared to survive for some time with no grocery stores or police forces. To know and not prepare is irresponsible. How much more preparation if you think your family will have seven years of terror unparalleled in human history.

- Steve

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

We must watch, we must study and we must be prepared! I do not believe in the pre-trib rapture and I want to be able to help everyone that I can to see what is happening and how everything is in alignment with God's word. I do not believe that we need to be taken by surprise and shame on us if we are. We are told to watch and discern the signs of the times. Jesus did ot give us the signs for no reason!

Hi kelly,

I think you're right, in saying, "Jesus didn't give us signs for no reason." But I must wonder why He would want us to keep watch if we were going to go thru the tribulation anyway. It doesn't make sense at all. He sure made it sound like there would be an advantage to those who watched. But if there is no advantage, why bother watching at all?

I wonder why the five wise virgins were watching then if they had no advantage either? Hmmmmm? :x:

We must watch, we must study and we must be prepared!

I think being ready, as Jesus told us to do, has to do with a heart preparation, and ordering our lives so as to be in service to Him. What do we want Him to find us busy doing when he returns?

Being caught unawares is like being one of the people in Noah's day, eating and drinking and making merry with no thought to warnings that God spoke through the prophets, and through Jesus Himself.

It's also possible to hear the warnings but be decieved, to think you have more time than you do, to be lazy about doing the Lord's business.

So the question is what does it mean to be ready? Study of prophecy should be a call to action for Christians.