• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

I have been raised in the Babtist church but have attended nondeminanational and Assembly of God churches also. I have always been taught and believed in the rapture of the church in all of these. The other night I saw a T.V show that says the rapture is not mentioned in the Bible. I have looked in the Bible where I thought it was and it is not there. Help Please.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

I have been raised in the Babtist church but have attended nondeminanational and Assembly of God churches also. I have always been taught and believed in the rapture of the church in all of these. The other night I saw a T.V show that says the rapture is not mentioned in the Bible. I have looked in the Bible where I thought it was and it is not there. Help Please.

Hello Karen,

In the book of IThessalonians 4:13-18

By the way welcome to Worthy. Iam fairly new here too!! So WELCOME!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi KJ,

Welcome to WB.

There is much discussion on this topic here. Check out some of the other forums or search the site.

I have a question for you. Would it upset you to find out there is no pre-trib rapture? That the church will go through a period of severe tribulation and then Jesus will return. Persecution and martyrdom are supposed to be the norm in christianity.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Are you living a Godly, Holy, Undefiled life? Then expect persecution.

Ro 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

LT

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Questions about rapture? Here is a very good site:

http://www.raptureready.com/images/rapture_r1_c10.jpg

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so then also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the comeing of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a SHOUT, with the VOICE of the archangel, and WITH the TRUMP of GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise FIRST:

THEN WE which are ALIVE and remain SHALL be CAUGHT UO TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

WHEREFORE COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The rapture is based on a vision of a 15-year old Scottish girl named Margaret Macdonald. It isnt in the bible. Jesus will only come back one more time and that will be the end of it. The rapture teaches that christians will be raptured away by Jesus to avoid tribulation. So the rapture really isnt in the bible. But if you wanna believe in the rapture it wont change anything about your salvation it is just part of 90% of the churches now adays doctrine.

you can read about it here

http://www.godonthe.net/evidence/rapture.htm

or here

http://www.netpluscom.com/~johnsonr/rapture.html

Peace Like A River

ThomasC

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Is the church prepared to go through some really severe persecution? If I was the devil and wanted the church ill equipped for the warfare that is about to come upon the earth, I would try to get the church distracted by thinking they were not going to be involved in the great battle to come. Has he succeeded or what?

Get ready church. If you are not really depending on the Lord, but on your bank card, macho ability, brains, etc., you are really in for a surprise. Only those that can truly hear the voice of the Spirit will be able to persevere to the end.

Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

LT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

Thank you all so much for your answers and comments,Y'all have certainly given me ideas and scriptures to study over.I am new to this site and I am truly excited to have found it.I have often had questions about teachings that I have been taught over the years that I am not sure I believe are correct. I love to be able to ask and get answers and ideas such as these,more than just 1 denomination and/or person believes.And the biggest plus...Gods word used to state these ideas and answers!!Once again thank you all.

Guest jckduboise
Is the church prepared to go through some really severe persecution? If I was the devil and wanted the church ill equipped for the warfare that is about to come upon the earth, I would try to get the church distracted by thinking they were not going to be involved in the great battle to come. Has he succeeded or what?

Get ready church. If you are not really depending on the Lord, but on your bank card, macho ability, brains, etc., you are really in for a surprise. Only those that can truly hear the voice of the Spirit will be able to persevere to the end.

Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

LT

LT! right on..be a remnant Larry!..listen to the Spirit and endure till the end!..God works through those who listen to and heed His TRUTH!! :24: