• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Oh-Oh...Submit:accept game.

We accept Jesus Christ as Saviour, for the reason He came... we accept His sacrifice for us! Then, in turn, we submit to Him as Lord as His rightful position over us.

Blessings! :13:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Oh-Oh...Submit:accept game.

We accept Jesus Christ as Saviour, for the reason He came... we accept His sacrifice for us! Then, in turn, we submit to Him as Lord as His rightful position over us.

Blessings! :13:

:thumbsup:

Guest Harriet

The word rapture itself is not in the Bible. That is true. The meaning of the word is quoted in different scripture. One being ."We shall be cought up in the air" another, the "dead in Christ shall rise first and those which are alive and remain shall be changed. It is 3 AM here in the east and I am not quite prepared to quote verses. I will get back to you with them. This is a topic that is the subject of discussion between a friend of mine and myself. I believelike you were raised.In the rapture(our modernword) and my friend believes we are going through the tribulation. I am truly interested in the topic. See you tomarrow. Harriet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

The word rapture itself is not in the Bible. That is true. The meaning of the word is quoted in different scripture. One being ."We shall be cought up in the air" another, the "dead in Christ shall rise first and those which are alive and remain shall be changed. It is 3 AM here in the east and I am not quite prepared to quote verses. I will get back to you with them. This is a topic that is the subject of discussion between a friend of mine and myself. I believelike you were raised.In the rapture(our modernword) and my friend believes we are going through the tribulation. I am truly interested in the topic. See you tomarrow. Harriet

So you pull a few scriptures out of the Bible and now we have a theory of men. Do the research, the Rapture is a new concept....only 150 years old. If this theory was so clear in the Bible don't you think some of the early Chruch fathers would of figured this out???? Skip ahead 1,200 years and don't you think Martin Luther might of spoke of a Rapture, or John Calvin??? Nope they never said a word about this. The Rapture theory can trace its roots back to a Chilean Jesuit Priest named Manuel Lacunza. He published a book in 1812 called "The Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty". This was published in Spain. Eventually this book was translated into English in 1827 by Edward Irving, a minister of the Protestant Church of Scotland. He was later excommunicated from his denomination for teaching that Christ's human nature was sinful. Eventually this theory has developed into several different forms so now Rapture believers can't even agree on one thoery. The popularity of this theory has now caught fire because of the "Left Behind Series". This might be a good fictional read, but theological speaking, makes no sense.

The catching away of the Church is very clearly indicated in scripture, so for it to be a 150 year-old idea is just plain nonsense.

The catching away of the Church is very clearly indicated in scripture, so for it to be a 150 year-old idea is just plain nonsense.

Yes, these words are used in scripture, but it doesn't prove a Rapture theory. The Rapture theory is only 150 years old, do the research. And like I stated earlier why didn't any of the Protestant Reformers mention anything about the Rapture? They were trying to reform the Church....don't you think they would of mentioned the Rapture once. You will not find one thing about the Rapture spoken, or written by any Protestant Reformers, as well as any early Church fathers who would of been Catholic.

Yes, these words are used in scripture, but it doesn't prove a Rapture theory. The Rapture theory is only 150 years old, do the research. And like I stated earlier why didn't any of the Protestant Reformers mention anything about the Rapture? They were trying to reform the Church....don't you think they would of mentioned the Rapture once. You will not find one thing about the Rapture spoken, or written by any Protestant Reformers, as well as any early Church fathers who would of been Catholic.

Doesn't mean a fig to me what they said or didn't say. I read the Word and it is mentioned. It's a lot older than 150 years isn't it?

Doesn't mean a fig to me what they said or didn't say. I read the Word and it is mentioned. It's a lot older than 150 years isn't it?

Nope

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The word itself is not there... but the theology, the doctrine, is. You have been taught correctly. Also, if you have been taught that it comes before any of the 7 years begins, you have been taught correctly.

:emot-dance::41::emot-hug::emot-partyblower:

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The word itself is not there... but the theology, the doctrine, is. You have been taught correctly. Also, if you have been taught that it comes before any of the 7 years begins, you have been taught correctly.

WHERE?