• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

No matter what anyone believes, they better darn well be ready when it does!

Here I totally agree. I doesn't matter if I believe in the pre-trib rapture and other's doesn't. The main fact is, that I want to be ready, no matter what happens. God's not going to ask us when we get to heaven, what was your views on this or that or how did you interputted His Word, He's going to ask what did we do with His Son Jesus Christ, accepted Him as Lord and Saviour or denied Him.

Exactly! :P;)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

thats not the rapture ... 3xR0c|<stAr :th_praying:

Matthew 24:36-51

[36]But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

[40] Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

[41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

[42] Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

[43] But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

[44] Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

[45] Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

[46] Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

[47] Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

[48] But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

[49] And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

[50] The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

[51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi CJ, just a portion of a previous post of yours,

You also forget that I don't engage in replacement theology, allow me to clarify what I meant in the last post, the period of tribulation is a God appointed program designed to bring the people of Israel to repentance for their disobedience, the period of wrath is within the scope of this program.

CJ I never intimated that you were engaged in the replacement theology. I know you better than that.

Also I am aware of the tribulation is a God appointed program. All of the bible is God appointed. What I am saying is that God is not reponsible for it. He knew that it would come about, but He never ordered it or caused it, Also I said that the wrath of God will be poured out after the saints have been taken away after the time of tribulation. Try and keep up, there's a good lad, :emot-highfive::wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

The word rapture is not in the Bible but the Bible does mention taking Christians.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

FA, please read the following and show me where is says that it is God who gives the order to make war againt the saints, who, btw, have gone with the rapture, so you say.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

It's quite obvious that the power given to the beast, never came from God. v4 makes apoint of saying that the dragon gave the power to the beast. How can the beast make war against the saints, when the saints are whisked away in the rapture.?

The "saints" in question were the two witnesses who are described in Revelation 11:7.

Hey, CJ, brother,

Thanks for getting back to me mate, I have read your response, now I'll have to mull it over before I can reply fully.

In the meantime acouple of days ago I received in my mail box some literature, from a source that I had never heard before., and being curious I read some of it and it seemed ok so I linked on to the web site provided and was encouraged by what I read. The bloke who provided most of the articles was named Larry Wilson, whom I had never heard of either.

Now you being a very reasonable and calm poster I have inserted a link, for your perusal and would appreciate knowing what you think of the article. It's not long and I think well written.

link here

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

I have been raised in the Babtist church but have attended nondeminanational and Assembly of God churches also. I have always been taught and believed in the rapture of the church in all of these. The other night I saw a T.V show that says the rapture is not mentioned in the Bible. I have looked in the Bible where I thought it was and it is not there. Help Please.

The person speaking must have meant the actual word. The word "Rapture" does not appear in scripture anywhere. It is just a coined phrase that is used now. Rapure actually means, "to be caught up." This is meaning that we will be caught up in the air to meet Jesus.

(1 Thessalonians 4:17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Hope this helps

Thank you Brother CJ for taking the time to read through the link I posted.

I found it interesting, and although I'm not a vehement or dogmatic opposer of the rapture, I found LW's view very simliar to my own.

Actually, I'v never heard of the man before, but I emailed the address that was on the paper delivered to the mail box. to find out more about his ministry, and so far have had no reply.

Anyway it's not a subject that people should get their hair in a knot about, but it is worthy of discussion or God would have made no reference to it in His word. You won't learn much from across the pulpits in todays church. People just sit there and nod of give a feeble Amen. and wonder when they are going to have the next *pot luck lunch*

So thanks again pal, and take care.

eric

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My friends I have read all the posts in this forum on the rapture1-19. Some that have been on here before. I like to give you my point of view,and as always I will state that you need not believe it, it is what I believe and I will give my reasons for it. First allow me to state this By the Grace of God I am a born again adopted child of God. In the year 1979 I was convicted of my sin and of my need for the Lord Jesus Christ. Prior to 1979 I considered myself a Christian as did many people who knew me. I had known all about Jesus because I was taught about Him.Therefore I consider myself a Christian but, and this is a big but that was all head knowledge not heart knowledge. I had place my faith in my church first,then Jesus. In 1979 I was given my first bible by my brother in law. After reading the bible and an outline that was in it I saw how wrong I was. And I didn't do this without help from God. He wanted me to see how wrong I was and to correct that.With that being said I would like to share with you my beliefs about the rapure. And yes I know rapture can't be found in the bible, however "caught up" can be. We tend to use words and forget that if we don't understand that we are using different words for the same thing.We then make statements that may not be necessarily true.For example some will see the word rapture and the thread was talking about was pre-trib rapture and because they may not believe in pre-trib they only see the word rapture,and because they can't the word rapture they will state it is not bibical,and that can be hurtful. You need only to look at Eschatology and see many of us believe the church will be caught up(rapture) we just don't agree on the timing. But I think it is fair to say we all agree that it will be in God's perfect timing.Before I tell why I believe in the pre-trib rapture of the church and why I believe it. I like to to tell you two small stories they may help you to see where I am coming from; there is a glass and it has water in it,depending on your viewpoint the glass is either half full or half empty. both sides can defend their points of view rather heatedly if they so chose,when the truth is the glass has water in it. I know a man of science who once told me that he and his colleague could argue about the definition of black and white for hours. This always amazed me. Every child learns that white is the absence of colors and black is the presence of all colors. all you need do is start with a blank paper and some crayons using the lightest one first and then over the same line with the next crayon and so on till you have use all your colors the result will be back.This is not to say we may not disagree with eachother but please let's do so in the Love of God we share. Let's not get all hot under the collar if we can't see eye to eye on this. First off my belief in the pre-trib rapture of the church is not in any way contradicted by the Life Death and Resurrection ofmy Lord Jesus. We all know the reasons for it and the blessings we have because of them. There are some verses that I like tio put here that you can check out when you get time. 2Thess.2-9. I have been taught that these verses refer to the Holy Spirit.That He is the one that keeps the Antichrist from be revealved until the church is complete. Then He will be taken away.And thre will be nothing to prevent the Antichrist from doing his evil. I was also taught that once by the Grace of God I cinfessed my sin and need for The Lord Jesus Christ and asked Him into my life to be my Lord and Savior that I was saved and the Spirit of God dwelt in me. Now if The Holy Spirit is taken away, I had to ask myself this question what happens to me? Are people sugguesting that I am now left alone? For me the answer is no. The Lord Jesus said He would never leave me. I have also been taught that the tribulation is known as the time of Jacob's Trouble. the church is not Jacob. Jer.30:4-7. Ezek.20:34-38. Ezek 22:19-22. Mal.3:1-3. Zech.13:9 Dan.12:1. Until someone can tell me it is wring to believe in the pre-tri rapture,then I shall carry this in my heart for it will not hinder my walk in faith. But should someone show me with absolute certainty using scripture and not discounting the one above about the The Holy Spirit then I shall not carry it in my heart any longer for it would hinder my walk of faith. Love in Christ littlejoe